Carlisle vs Grapeland @ Carlisle

upullinmychain

I think Grapeland may suprise some people. They are better than their record shows. They lost to Alto 48-28. So they are capable of scoring on good teams. Then they handled Kerens pretty good last week.

I think this will be a close game.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

They should just wait til the end of the season and then make the decision after the rest of the district games play out. May not matter in the standings.

Far as I've heard, if both are still undefeated at end of dist play then they may finish the game, as of right now it's on permanent hold.

Coach Baker is a class act! His mind is focused on the Carlisle players as well as continued concern for the Alto team. He and his staff will have the Indians ready for Grapeland. Continued prayers for the Alto community and all the people who witnessed the tragic accident. Go get them gentlemen!

I was thinking that the game had to be finished by Saturday at midnight by UIL rules. But I know these are special circumstances with the tragedy.

I havnt hear anything regarding it. But I know everywhere online it shows Alto as the winner. Even in district standings it shows Alto 2-0 and Carlisle 1-1.

The UIL District Executive Committee met and voted to call the game as is. Alto gets win. I know all of us wanted to see what was IMO for the district crown and wanted to see it settled in 4 quarters but no one in their right mind could have forseen the tragedy that unfolded.

I owe Carlisle an apology. I have dogged them in the past for their pre-district scheduling and sometimes thought they might have played a little dirty , but our coaches have constantly praised and commented highly about Rocky , his staff , and the Carlisle team throughout this time of tragedy. I even heard that some of the Carlisle team was at the hospital the next day and came to the vigil held at Alto's field that night. I'm an Indian fan from here out and will be rooting for them through the rest of district and in the playoffs.

#ALTOgether

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the information. It definitely was a tragedy for everyone involved. It been on my mind heavily since it occurred. I'm still praying for everyone involve . I can't even imagine.

We play Alto Friday night there at Cayuga. Everyone will be showing their support. Lots of the kids in the school will be wearing the #1 in honor of Cam.

The UIL District Executive Committee met and voted to call the game as is. Alto gets win. I know all of us wanted to see what was IMO for the district crown and wanted to see it settled in 4 quarters but no one in their right mind could have forseen the tragedy that unfolded.

I owe Carlisle an apology. I have dogged them in the past for their pre-district scheduling and sometimes thought they might have played a little dirty , but our coaches have constantly praised and commented highly about Rocky , his staff , and the Carlisle team throughout this time of tragedy. I even heard that some of the Carlisle team was at the hospital the next day and came to the vigil held at Alto's field that night. I'm an Indian fan from here out and will be rooting for them through the rest of district and in the playoffs.

#ALTOgether

Excellent post brother.

• Like 1

If nothing else is learned from this tragedy, our children have seen how to come together as family no matter where you are from and deal with the curves life throws at us. Cam will live forever as he looks down on all the love and support thanks to everyone. Good luck to Carlisle the rest of the way.

Interested to see what Grapeland does offensively. They are a passing team, but with the weather, will they still throw the ball or move to a ground attack?

Grapeland's speed should be neutralized on a wet field, and I expect to see a game much like the last time these two played in Carlisle (Similar conditions with the game being postponed because of weather). Grapeland had a chance to win late, but muddy conditions cost Grapeland a chance to win. IMO that game should have been moved to Chapel Hill or another turf field.