Official SDC 2015 Hunting Season thread

Immortal13

IMG_20151028_004233.jpg

IMG_20151026_222437424.jpg

Shot this little 8 point Monday evening with my Matthews at about 20 yards. Right at a 17" spread, not a bad little buck for around my area. I was pleased with him and I can't wait to fry up those tenderloins :)

Second pic is where a coyote got to him before I did. Chewed off his tongue as well. Little rotten ####'s I can't stand them.

Nice! Coyotes have been bad at our place here and Roscoe this year. My oldest son smoked a doe and the coyotes got her in less than an hour. By the time I got out of the stand, got back to his stand, and followed a double lung blood trail she was gone!

Damn I would've been super ####

A weird thing on this one is I shot him just in front of the right shoulder from a 20' lock on stand, but the arrow exit wound is on the other side of course but in the middle of the neck. I'm surprised he ran as far as he did... about 40 yrds

IMG_20151028_004233.jpgIMG_20151026_222437424.jpg

Shot this little 8 point Monday evening with my Matthews at about 20 yards. Right at a 17" spread, not a bad little buck for around my area. I was pleased with him and I can't wait to fry up those tenderloins :)

Second pic is where a coyote got to him before I did. Chewed off his tongue as well. Little rotten ####'s I can't stand them.

Nice......

Was he quartering any? I've seen arrows redirect on a sharp quartering shot. Don't know that I've seen one make that kind of change though.

He was quartering towards me. I just got through watching the gopro video and I was wrong.... I actually shot him in the middle of the neck on his left side, so the exit wound makes sense. I'm not a techno geek but I'm going to try to put it on YouTube and then post it on here. It's a pretty cool video

Nice......

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, 10 point with 18" inside spread. I have seen his big brother a couple of times, once last year and back during bow season this year. The bigger buck is well over 20" inside and a perfect 12 pointer the best I can tell. I hope I get a shot at him before he disappears or one of my neighbors gets him ...

Just got finished making a batch of deer/pork pan sausage. I couldn't find any sausage seasoning mix in Nac, so I got on the internet and found a recipe for the spices and I doctored it up a little and it turned out pretty darn good. Jimmy Dean and Owens would both beg me for my recipe. I cooked up a few patties and I think I out did myself it I say so myself. I should have about 20 lbs when I get through with the 2nd batch ....

Just got finished making a batch of deer/pork pan sausage. I couldn't find any sausage seasoning mix in Nac, so I got on the internet and found a recipe for the spices and I doctored it up a little and it turned out pretty darn good. Jimmy Dean and Owens would both beg me for my recipe. I cooked up a few patties and I think I out did myself it I say so myself. I should have about 20 lbs when I get through with the 2nd batch ....

Did you take that deer up to the Timpson Quick Stop?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The next three days should be our last best chance to catch a hoss out prowling around with love on his mind.. Tomorrow will be the 6th day after the full moon with the 7th and 8th days being the best opportunities.. I plan to be up about 45 feet in my newly established ambush sanctuary for as many hours as I can stand...That's right 45'! Good luck to anybody that is out there, and please post results.