Kyler Murray to get his 1st Career Start

cats69

LOL at Spavital saying they got the running game fixed in post game interview. You just faced the #102 of 127 ranked rushing defense in the nation that played 2 safeties over the top 95% of the game. Nice job running the ball, but let's not call it fixed just yet.

LOL at Spavital saying they got the running game fixed in post game interview. You just faced the #102 of 127 ranked rushing defense in the nation that played 2 safeties over the top 95% of the game. Nice job running the ball, but let's not call it fixed just yet.

He wasn't calling the game that i just saw. A QB that has the run option is not fixing your running game. Fixing the running game is having your OL blocking for your feature RB.

Getting a pick 6 on a telegraphed pass is hardly an adjustment.

The D has not stopped SCAR. They have almost 100 yards of rushing above their season average through 3 quarters.

They made adjustments. Hence putting him in the right position.

SCAR exceeded their season average on rushing, passing, and scoring against an improved Aggie defense.

Wasn't a good showing from the A&M defense at all.

Will give SC credit, they showed up energized and ready to play. Interim coach really trying hard to keep the job as his players really seemed to respond well to him

The biggest problem by far is at linebacker. Alaka out, Darian Claiborne being an idiot..you name it. Simply don't have any. Hard to play good defense in the SEC without linebackers. I'm scared how many yards Fournette is going to off for.

"Jackie Sherrill was not happy at A&M. Neither was Emory Bellard, R.C. Slocum, Gene Stallings or Bear Bryant."

lulz

Didn't read the article, prolly not going to. But this quote seems like garbage to me. Sherrill, Stallings and Slocum all had roles at A&M after their coaching careers ended. Matter of fact, Sherrill and Slocum still work with the university.

He wasn't calling the game that i just saw. A QB that has the run option is not fixing your running game. Fixing the running game is having your OL blocking for your feature RB.

The RB ran for 120 yards as well. He changed the running game up a bit, calling more option plays and zone read plays. With Allen at QB, he wasn't as much of a threat on the zone read to keep it. He hardly ever did. With Murray, teams have to respect him to keep it as well. If they don't, he runs for big yards too.

I liked the use of draw plays as well.

All of that said, South Carolina isn't a good team to evaluate the success of the running game against. It was what I hoped it'd be - a bounce back win and a chance to get Murray some experience without throwing him to the dogs vs LSU.