Winnsboro vs. Prairiland

chevyman

Prairiland comes to town in a game with some big playoff implications. The raiders look to continue their rebound after dropping the first two district games while the patriots look to avenge last seasons loss and finish out a strong regular season. Thoughts? After two straight weeks of rain, it appears that their could be another chance next week as well. Could have some bearing on the outcomes of the district.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game. Both teams won both their games in the rain the last 2 weeks so both are doing something right. Battle for 3rd place

I'm gonna give the edge to Winny only because in the rain for the last two you played on the turf and this one is on the grass with rain forecasted right now for Thursday and Friday. No rain and I will rethink it.

What will be the strengths of pland that winny will have to contend with?

QB is a good, strong kid. He's capable. Played tight end last year. Had some difficulty hitting his receivers when we played but perhaps has improved from 3 weeks ago. Don't let him get to the edge and in the open. Hard to bring down.

Seems like Winnsboro has momentum building towards the end of the season. I believe they will beat Pland on another rainy night. I would never wish for a player to be hurt or out of a game, but it seems to me that the Winnsboro Raiders changed their offensive gameplan after #20 went out. They are spreading the ball around to different backs, and is helping them build a more dynamic offense. And hopefully when #20 returns, the offense will really get moving along.

Be nice to have him back but you're in good hands without Ethan...........Mason Tucker, Winnsboro, 17-carries for 173-yards, 2-TD's, W/New Boston 24-6.

Looks like maybe we will have dry Friday night. Maybe not a dry field. If no rain during the game I believe PL takes this game. We like to throw the ball but if we have to we can win like we have the last 2 weeks on the ground. Should be a good one.

The biggest thing since #20 has been out is the mindset of the team. Those first two district games i believe they let the injuries affect their minds. It was sort of a cloud of uncertainty when their teammate went down or out. The last two games they have had a better understanding of coming together and rallying in one accord on behalf of their brother and playing for him. No doubt he is a very special player and it has hurt not having him out there. With that said other guys have stepped up and filled the void to the best of their ability and when/if E is able to come back, the offense could be dangerous. Until then i believe the guys out there will fight tooth and nail to keep compiling Ws. Go get em this week boys.

Looking at how this district matches up-

Whoever wins against Winnsboro/ Prairiland - they would get third in district and would draw White Oak for their first round game.

Whoever loses the game- they would get 4th and draw Mineola for their first round game..

Either way it is a tough first round match-up. This game is huge for both teams- you want to avoid Mineola if at all possible.

District Prediction (Final)-

1. Redwater

2. Daingerfield

3. Winnsboro

4. Prairiland