Winnsboro vs. Prairiland

chevyman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit of trivia. If Winnsboro makes the playoff this year this team will make history. No Winnsborro teams have been to playoffs more than 4 consective years and this year would make 5 for this team.

Go Big Red!! Make history.

This can all be verified by going to the historical section of this site.

The way it works in a lot of districts is in case of a three way tie it goes to a points system first... So if teams were all tied for 2nd-4th with the same district record it would look like this...

For example- If Team A beats Team B by more than 24 then they get +15

Then Team B beats Team C by 4 they get +4

Team C beats Team A by 1 then it is +1

Team A would be the 2nd place with +14 (at least 15 point win over Team A but 1 point loss to Team C= +14)

Team C would be the 3rd Place with -3 ( 4 point loss to B but a 1 point win over Team A = -3)

Team B would get 4th Place with -11 (at least a 15 point loss to Team A but a 4 point win over Team C = -11)

IF it is still Tied after point system then a coin toss will then take place.

Hope that helps some.

Looking at how this district matches up-

Whoever wins against Winnsboro/ Prairiland - they would get third in district and would draw White Oak for their first round game.

Whoever loses the game- they would get 4th and draw Mineola for their first round game..

Either way it is a tough first round match-up. This game is huge for both teams- you want to avoid Mineola if at all possible.

District Prediction (Final)-

Sad but true. I agree 100%

1. Redwater

2. Daingerfield

3. Winnsboro

4. Prairiland

I would have to pick Winnsboro but I would not be suprised to see PL win. For my $ the HC at Pland is one of the best in the state. The job he has done with the available talent in Patriot land is one of the best stories in the state that nobody knows about. They have no business beating ANYONE yet they win more than a few games.

Billy you have lost your mind. I like the HC but he is not the only reason PL wins some games. There's more talent than you give credit. You act like he is a god. PL won before he got here. Same athletes compete in every sport. Same athletes that took down a undefeated Hughes Springs in baseball playoffs. Give him credit he's a great guy and I like most of what he does but he is not the only reason we have won some games. You are disgracing the kids.

One scenario nobody has mentioned - MV beats redwater, Daingerfield wins, Winnsboro wins-

Daingerfield- 4-1 play loser of Sabine and Harmony

Winnsboro- 3-2 winnsboro has tiebreaker with redwater and would play winner of Sabine or Harmony

Redwater-3-2 rematch with WO

Pland- 2-3 has tiebreaker with MV and would play Mineola

MV 2-3

NB 1-4

One scenario nobody has mentioned - MV beats redwater, Daingerfield wins, Winnsboro wins-

Daingerfield- 4-1 play loser of Sabine and Harmony

Winnsboro- 3-2 winnsboro has tiebreaker with redwater and would play winner of Sabine or Harmony

Redwater-3-2 rematch with WO

Pland- 2-3 has tiebreaker with MV and would play Mineola

MV 2-3

NB 1-4

What if NB beats Dangerfield in this same scenario? Some Tri-District champs.