North Texas Dean Accuses Police of Stopping Her For Walking Black

Stoney

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/10/29/college-dean-accuses-texas-officers-of-stopping-her-for-walking-while-black-police-claim-dashcam-video-tells-a-different-story/

She writes an article for the Dallas Morning News detailing her horrific ordeal. Police Chief responds with the dash cam video of the stop. Would you believe with the story she told that she is the Dean of Journalism at the University of North Texas in Denton? Apparently Brian Williams is a proud alum.

I just watched the video and all I can say is wow, what an idiot. Number one, with the hoodie pulled up, there was no way to tell what color she was. Number two, most intelligent people know that pedestrians are supposed to walk on the left side or the road, or "against" traffic as the officer was trying to explain to her. Number three, any adult in public us supposed to have a picture ID on their person.

There are many incidents of blacks being mistreated by cops, but this certainly wasn't one of them. The two officers were extremely polite and friendly. Shame on her for making up a complete lie

• Like 1

I'm done with the Dallas Morning News. That they gave her the space to slander these two officers in public without checking her story proves a point about the media. They deserve a front page apology next to her being fired.

This is as bad as the Texas Representative Garnet Coleman being pulled over back in August. http://www.khou.com/story/news/2015/08/04/dash-cam-video-released--state-reps-traffic-stop/31143361/ . Both individuals were treated better than I have been on a couple of occasions. I don't see how they felt intimidated in the least. I want to know why she was walking in the road, and sometimes in the middle of it when there was a sidewalk on both sides of the street.

Dave, that was the first thing the officers mentioned to her. For her safety walk on the sidewalk. Look how long they rolled behind her down the middle of the road.

I know it was ridiculous. She's lucky she didn't get a ticket for impeding traffic which is a fine of $1 - $200 in the State of Texas from what I found online.

Someone out there always ready to throw the race card.

You know, people are quick to complain about throwing the race card yet ignore the huge amount of evidence that shows the disportional amounts of injustice towards minorities from the justice system, the workplace and instuitionally.

Sounds like this was Texas' stop and frisk program. Interestingly enough, a basketball player making multimillions from his NBA contract couldn't gain admittance from a high end jewelry store due to profiling.

I call BS on your comment slick. I walk all the time within public R.O.W.s and don't carry my billfold which contains my ID aka my driver's license. I will continue to do so thank you. Dang bunch of control freaks. The country has become like Nazi Germany.

police state. show your ID hares. if you're not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to hide.

bow to your rulers Hares

You know, people are quick to complain about throwing the race card yet ignore the huge amount of evidence that shows the disportional amounts of injustice towards minorities from the justice system, the workplace and instuitionally.

Sounds like this was Texas' stop and frisk program. Interestingly enough, a basketball player making multimillions from his NBA contract couldn't gain admittance from a high end jewelry store due to profiling.

no offense but what does any of that have to do with THIS topic? did you watch the video? I think ol girl got some deeper issues.

I just watched the video and all I can say is wow, what an idiot. Number one, with the hoodie pulled up, there was no way to tell what color she was. Number two, most intelligent people know that pedestrians are supposed to walk on the left side or the road, or "against" traffic as the officer was trying to explain to her. Number three, any adult in public us supposed to have a picture ID on their person.

There are many incidents of blacks being mistreated by cops, but this certainly wasn't one of them. The two officers were extremely polite and friendly. Shame on her for making up a complete lie

Point me to the Texas law that requires this.

How many Tat's does the NBA player have?

So if you run a business or make money by being a salesman and the the people who waste your time by looking, but never buying are lil small green men; then what are the chances that you are going to blow off lil green men that come into your store?

I call BS on your comment slick. I walk all the time within public R.O.W.s and don't carry my billfold which contains my ID aka my driver's license. I will continue to do so thank you. Dang bunch of control freaks. The country has become like Nazi Germany.

You don't have to have an ID on you at all times. The only thing in Texas that you are required to do by law is provide your name, current residence, and birth date. If you lie, and they find out, then you can be charged for that crime. You don't even have to provide an ID when you vote in the State of Texas anymore. https://excoplawstudent.wordpress.com/2013/05/09/texas-failure-to-identify-law-what-it-says-vs-what-police-think-it-says/ .

Myself I could not say. If so I'm in violation almost every day. I think however a person is supposed have ID on his/her person in order to vote in criminally organized so called elections.

Struck Down : http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/08/05/3688384/breaking-federal-appeals-court-strikes-down-texass-voter-id-law/ one day before the 50th Anniversary of the Voting Rights Act.

You don't have to have an ID on you at all times. The only thing in Texas that you are required to do by law is provide your name, current residence, and birth date. If you lie, and they find out, then you can be charged for that crime. You don't even have to provide an ID when you vote in the State of Texas anymore. https://excoplawstudent.wordpress.com/2013/05/09/texas-failure-to-identify-law-what-it-says-vs-what-police-think-it-says/ .

speaking from experience, if they ask for it,and you don't have it, things escalate .

I've used the "is this a police state?" comeback as well. things continued to escalate.

I didn't get a ticket for not having it though he was saying he could arrest me. I laughed.

speaking from experience, if they ask for it,and you don't have it, things escalate .

I've used the "is this a police state?" comeback as well. things continued to escalate.

I didn't get a ticket for not having it though he was saying he could arrest me. I laughed.

That's because the police state doesn't know the law. As shown in the site that I pasted, they can't arrest you legally for not carrying ID or a drivers license. They can give you a ticket for driving without a license, but all you have to do is go down to the court house, and show them your license and it's dismissed. The same with auto insurance.

If a person is in the country illegally they don't even have to do that. Just don't show up.

Yep. I do know in Irving that if you're driving without insurance they'll impound your car. I think that should be a state law. I have my insurance in my glove compartment, and it never leaves.

Yep. I do know in Irving that if you're driving without insurance they'll impound your car. I think that should be a state law. I have my insurance in my glove compartment, and it never leaves.

Pauper's prisons are unconstitutional.

If you can't pay the fine, you must do the time. I think they should come up with an alternative such as community service, but you're right. There's a thread on that somewhere in the SDC files.

SCOTUS is very clear on debtor's jail.