Overton (2-1) at Maud (1-2)

Mr. P

Overton (2-1) at Maud (1-2)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this'n?

svmP1fo.jpgz3yWopT.jpg

Two teams that have played in fits and starts all season... with Tenaha clinching district last week, Maud and Overton are fighting for who plays who in the postseason.

3-0 Tenaha
2-1 Overton
2-2 Timpson
1-2 Maud
0-3 Mount E.
0-4 Fruitvale
Hmm, do three teams go into the postseason, or four? Because at 1-2, Maud is on the outside looking in.
If they win, that's a three-way tie for second but I'm not sure how the tire-breaker would work. That would mean they beat Overton, who beat Timpson, who beat Maud, who beat Overton, who beat Timpson, who beat Maud, who beat...
With a win, Overton would finish second in 11-2A and likely face Evadale in bi-district. Man, I'm not sure what'd be a neutral site for that game... Lufkin?
Maud had a pretty hot start, so I don't know what happened against Timpson, but I reckon we'll have to score more than 9 points to beat them. Plus, I don't think this one's gonna come down to a last-second field goal. If Overton leads late, they'll run out the clock. If Maud leads late, they'll probably try to run it up for the sake of playoff calculations (I know I would).
The Cards are usually tough at home (3-0 this season), so the Mustangs are gonna have to grab some momentum early to offset the homefield advantage. Can they do it? We'll see...

Most use total points within the three way tie which means Maud has to beat Overton by six to get in.

I'm still trying to figure this district out. very dysfunctional.

I'm still trying to figure this district out. very dysfunctional.

I don't know what to make of this Cardinal team. There are times this season I've thought we were pretty good. Then there have been other times when I just shake my head. Hopefully we come to play Friday and handle business. As far as I know 4 teams go to the playoffs from each district. At least that's what the UIL website says.

I don't know what to make of this Cardinal team. There are times this season I've thought we were pretty good. Then there have been other times when I just shake my head. Hopefully we come to play Friday and handle business. As far as I know 4 teams go to the playoffs from each district. At least that's what the UIL website says.

everyone in district can say same

that said, if the cardinal team comes to play I will take them for the win

I don't know what to make of this Mustang team. There are times this season I've thought we were pretty good. Then there have been other times when I just shake my head. ;)

You ain't never lying. Watched them beat a good Harleton team and beat our Dawgs and thought they might win their district or at least give Tenaha a close run for their money but was wrong. Then lasts weeks loss was just a plain ole head scratcher. Still gotta go with the Cards at home. Right the ship before playoffs!!!

Maud had a pretty hot start, so I don't know what happened against Timpson, but I reckon we'll have to score more than 9 points to beat them. Plus, I don't think this one's gonna come down to a last-second field goal. If Overton leads late, they'll run out the clock. If Maud leads late, they'll probably try to run it up for the sake of playoff calculations (I know I would).
The Cards are usually tough at home (3-0 this season), so the Mustangs are gonna have to grab some momentum early to offset the homefield advantage. Can they do it? We'll see...

Depends on which team shows up...the one that played tough defense against Carlisle and Timpson...or the one that played against Tenaha and Mt Enterprise...

Depends on which team shows up...the one that played tough defense against Carlisle and Timpson...or the one that played against Tenaha and Mt Enterprise...

Maud and Overton games vs Tenaha on paper look very similar.

this should be a close game, too close to call. looking at the brackets not sure which position looks better as far as match ups go.

but, you never want to back into the playoffs. go get that win....

No doubt... preventing the big play is HUGE. If Overton can make Maud play slow, they should be able to able to keep 'em contained. But if they start giving up big plays and get behind a score or two, it could be a long night.