Overton (2-1) at Maud (1-2)

Mr. P

Overton (2-1) at Maud (1-2)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this'n?

Ronster I say this with all due respect, y'all's kids just looked like they didn't wanna be there last night. Also don't want to take away from what our kids did to win, but just an observation.

I think I can agree with you in a way...seems like when it goes bad, it goes real bad.

Insanity...they run a tight line three back offense and all the defense has to do it stack it up on the line...basically run 4/5 plays ...defensively, they don't practice hard on tacking (in my opinion)...practice soft - play soft

did I miss out on something? Or is it the norm now-a-days? But does everyone on else practice without using 5 man blocking sleds, or two man sleds, or a tackeling sled? Is everyone else teaching to hit low and roll while tackling, instead of square up with your face mask between the numbers? I know it's been around 25 to 30 years ( or more) since most of us who are criticizing have played....but has it really changed that much. It seems to me like kids are being taught arm tackeling. Maybe it's just me...

did I miss out on something? Or is it the norm now-a-days? But does everyone on else practice without using 5 man blocking sleds, or two man sleds, or a tackling sled? Is everyone else teaching to hit low and roll while tackling, instead of square up with your face mask between the numbers? I know it's been around 25 to 30 years ( or more) since most of us who are criticizing have played....but has it really changed that much. It seems to me like kids are being taught arm tackling. Maybe it's just me...

I'm trying to figure it out myself...maybe I'm expecting too much from a lot of 15 to 18 year old kids and the coaches...with losing players to injuries and other issues, it seems they're not the same team from earlier in the year.

How physical are Tenaha's practice? What about Carlisle? Do y'all have tackling drills, blocking sleds? I know Shelbyville boasts that they're one of the more physical 2A teams--but how much live contact/tackling drills do they do in practice? Or is it just talent? Do some teams have just naturally harder hitters than others?

How physical are Tenaha's practice? What about Carlisle? Do y'all have tackling drills, blocking sleds? I know Shelbyville boasts that they're one of the more physical 2A teams--but how much live contact/tackling drills do they do in practice? Or is it just talent? Do some teams have just naturally harder hitters than others?

it's the Emo factor. I'm sorry but it just is. Them boys soft. Too much Xbox.

maybe y'all are a baseball school?

I'm sorry. really not trying to stick it to y'all.