2015-2016 NCAA Basketball Thread

Coach Rab

Well Texas left, just after their exhibition game with Tarelton St, to head out to Shanghi to open the season against Washington. The Horns will be there for about a week and then come home briefly before heading to the Bahamas for the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament.

Texas has a veteran team but a nice mix of freshmen that was picked 4th in the preseason Big 12 poll.

SFA picked first by SLC coaches and SID's. No reason for them to now win their fourth straight regular season and third straight tournament title.

We upgraded in the size department and return 4 starters and 7 total from last year. To say SFA will be good is an understatement. Could be the best team we have had in our current run of success.

The future remains bright with a very talented recruiting class, and pieces falling together for another top class.

Seems like the biggest hurdle going forward will be keeping Brad Underwood in Nac...

Big XII looks set for a good year.

Kansas, Iowa State, Baylor, Oklahoma are all very good...

Texas, West Virginia, and Oklahoma State are no slouches...

Not sure what to expect from Kansas State. Tech and TCU will finish at the bottom of the conference

SFA picked first by SLC coaches and SID's. No reason for them to now win their fourth straight regular season and third straight tournament title.

We upgraded in the size department and return 4 starters and 7 total from last year. To say SFA will be good is an understatement. Could be the best team we have had in our current run of success.

The future remains bright with a very talented recruiting class, and pieces falling together for another top class.

Seems like the biggest hurdle going forward will be keeping Brad Underwood in Nac...

Was SFA selected into the pre-season top 25? I feel like if they weren't, the AP is overlooking them again...

Oh and if LSU plays to the talent level on this team... LSU is easily the 2nd best team in the SEC this year... but it never plays out that way... It's basically Kentucky looking down at everyone else laughing at all the potential 8 seeds...

Was SFA selected into the pre-season top 25? I feel like if they weren't, the AP is overlooking them again...

We received 2 votes in the coaches poll. No votes in the AP poll.

I have seen us ranked from 27 to 51 depending on the source. Mid-Major polls all have us top-10

That is laughable. SFA Should not be overlooked cause of what they have accomplished. They are every bit as good as butler, vcu other mid majors. It's hard not to root for them. I wish A&M, and texas would play them annually.

Texas played them in a closed scrimmage. Early word was Texas roughed up the Jacks, but I have read lately that SFA more than held their own and won the live scrimmage by double digits.

Washington downs Texas 77-71. Terrible shooting performance from Texas!

19-69 FG

2-16 3FG

And there were 60 fouls called!

I'm not even going to try to take anything from this game! This wasn't the same team I've seen in the 2 exhibition games.

And Bill Walton is the worst!

Ugly night for SFA. Baylor is good and would have won last night regardless, but SFA is not as bad as the score indicated.

SFA shot just 33% from the field and went 16-28 from the free throw line. Doesn't help they didn't play their typical defense, as Baylor seemed like they couldn't miss.

Not worried now, but another big one at Norther Iowa next week...

UNI 70

SFA 60

Jacks are going to have to start beating teams like UNI if they want to remain in the national spotlight.....

Too many guys starting the year cold. Walkup is playing like a man among boys, unfortunately he isn't getting much help.

They should go on a nice run before heading to play Arizona State in mid December. Should be 8-2 going into that one...