2015-2016 NCAA Basketball Thread

Coach Rab

Consistency will be the key for SFA. Game to game 10 minutes to minutes. Even after the end of first half debacle SFA rebuilt a lead before letting UAB go on something like a 16-1 run. Just can't do that and be successful.

Time for SFA to stop worrying about the tournament, and just work their way through conference...We have a favorable start to SLC play and hopefully we can get some momentum going there...

Texas hosts UCONN tonight in their first game without Ridely.

I suspect Texas will rely more on the 3 ball until Cam can return.

That would be the majority of conference play. From what I've read Ridley should be back about a week before the conference tournament. Bad break (no pun intended) for Ridley. Had he remained healthy he would have played himself into the NBA draft.

That would be the majority of conference play. From what I've read Ridley should be back about a week before the conference tournament. Bad break (no pun intended) for Ridley. Had he remained healthy he would have played himself into the NBA draft.

Yea he was having his best year by far and playing the most minutes ever.

Tonight Texas got a great game from Mack but Davis, Felix, and Roach were nonexistent. For Texas to win without Ridely the freshmen are going to have to be more consistent.

Time for SFA to stop worrying about the tournament, and just work their way through conference...We have a favorable start to SLC play and hopefully we can get some momentum going there...

That's what worries me about this team. High expectations. Yes walkup is still around, but there are a ton of new faces in new roles compared to the last two years. The potential is there, but they have got to put it all together. There is no Haymon or Parker there to bail them out on an off night. Someone else is going to have to consistently step up.

That's what worries me about this team. High expectations. Yes walkup is still around, but there are a ton of new faces in new roles compared to the last two years. The potential is there, but they have got to put it all together. There is no Haymon or Parker there to bail them out on an off night. Someone else is going to have to consistently step up.

There aren't any more of Danny's guys. Outside of Walkup and Pinkney, these are all Brads players...

I think they will gel over time, I just think a lot of fans entered the season expecting more of the same, and it is hard to maintain that, especially after the last few graduations. Add in a tougher schedule (Gonna be tougher next year), and there are definitely bumps along the road for a very talented, but extremely young team.

There aren't any more of Danny's guys. Outside of Walkup and Pinkney, these are all Brads players...

I think they will gel over time, I just think a lot of fans entered the season expecting more of the same, and it is hard to maintain that, especially after the last few graduations. Add in a tougher schedule (Gonna be tougher next year), and there are definitely bumps along the road for a very talented, but extremely young team.

Agreed. Need to get off to a great start tonight in conference.

Texas really struggled without Ridley. Horns attempted 28 3 pointers and only made 9. Tech put on a clinic as far as how to put a halt to a frantic comeback bid. 27-30 from the free throw line and got stops when they needed. Texas never got it within 6 down the stretch, but several times had the ball down 6.

On the bright side, Taylor was huge for Texas. 35 points, 50% from the floor and I believe 13/14 from the free throw line. Just got literally no help. Felix was the only other player in double digits with 13.

Texas really struggled without Ridley. Horns attempted 28 3 pointers and only made 9. Tech put on a clinic as far as how to put a halt to a frantic comeback bid. 27-30 from the free throw line and got stops when they needed. Texas never got it within 6 down the stretch, but several times had the ball down 6.

On the bright side, Taylor was huge for Texas. 35 points, 50% from the floor and I believe 13/14 from the free throw line. Just got literally no help. Felix was the only other player in double digits with 13.

I think Tech might be better than most of us thought going into conference play. Let's not forget Tubby Smith is a very good coach.

I saw bits and pieces of the Horns. It's going to take Texas a few games to adjust to not having Cam. He was the focal point of the team on O and D!

I'm honestly not sure if Texas can make the tournament without Ridley. The freshmen just aren't consistent enough to rely on right now and it's conference time.

It's probably going to be #2 Oklahoma playing at #1 Kansas on Monday night.

Baylor's guards are their weakness. Too many quick shots that clanked off the rim. They have excellent posts, and should have gone to them a lot more. Wouldn't have been such a blowout today...

Either way, Monday's game should be a very very good one.

SFA beats McNeese 86-57 to open Southland Conference play...

I saw bits and pieces of the Horns. It's going to take Texas a few games to adjust to not having Cam. He was the focal point of the team on O and D!

I'm honestly not sure if Texas can make the tournament without Ridley. The freshmen just aren't consistent enough to rely on right now and it's conference time.

No potential offense from the big guys now, with the exception of the occasional 3 from Lammert. If the other 2 are about to dunk, the other team will just foul them - terrible at the line.

I look for a 7-11 or 6-12 conference record. Hope I am wrong and we win a few more.

Mav what's the deal with LSU? I thought with Simmons they would be a contender. I've seen in the college game one special player being able to carry them. Is everyone else just that bad? Hate to see him being wasted.

Their stud PG has not been a stud... about sums it up. 9-6 with some ugly losses, I think they finish 3rd in the SEC behind UK and A&M

• Like 1

LSU is good, but not consistent... if they put it all together they are an elite 8 team. If they continue they way the season started they will be NIT bound...

What I was saying... dominate Kentucky then wet the bed vs Florida. ..

Texas is going to lose some that they shouldn't and win some they shouldn't. That's what happens when you have young kids that are going to rely on the three ball way too much without Ridley.

Texas will be lucky to finish .500 this year. Losing Ridley exposed Texas' 3-point shooting.

• Like 1