John Tyler (7-3) vs Texas High (8-2)

cujoforlife

I have seen both teams this year. Both are very good. I am leaning toward THigh however. They are extremely fast, have an accurate QB, and they play well as a team. JT is also fast, but I don't believe as fast as THigh. THigh has the ability to score a lot of points against pretty good defenses (Marshall). Should be a good game, but I take THigh by 5. Also, 15-5A sweeps this weekend IMHO. They really don't get enough credit.

If you don't believe JT is as fast as TH just check the area track results for this year. Several of JT's current skill players were on the sprint teams that placed. I too expect a good game but only because JT established absolutely no momentum from the Nac game. JT may start out slow again but I don't expect TH to go away so easily this time. I do expect a hard fought win for JT giving the boys that boost of energy needed going into Round 2.

Cover a lot of ground in the secondary, and good side to side against the run. I would say they are susceptible to the up the middle run. And I agree, if the QB has to move too much, he probably won't be as accurate. Like I said, should be a good game. And I saw JT early, so I am sure they have changed quite a bit.

Cover a lot of ground in the secondary, and good side to side against the run. I would say they are susceptible to the up the middle run. And I agree, if the QB has to move too much, he probably won't be as accurate. Like I said, should be a good game. And I saw JT early, so I am sure they have changed quite a bit.

So is other words you them at either the Longview are Lee game.

Thanks. Sounds like our defenses are similar. Even though I think sometimes our defense play assignment other than everyone to the ball, someone have to clear me on that though. Y'all may have us on that side to side.

Thanks. Sounds like our defenses are similar. Even though I think sometimes our defense play assignment other than everyone to the ball, someone have to clear me on that though. Y'all may have us on that side to side.

It's the outside LB's that are guessing wrong and not doing their job. One is just too big to play such a speed position and has no recovery speed when he does guess wrong. The other, at least, has some recovery speed. The change at Mike has made a big difference since the first of the season.

as mav01 probably already knows the game was not played in "a foot of mud". There was only 1 section that was tore up and it is where we kept the Mavs bottled up for most of the game. The mud comment sounds like a convenient excuse,

JT is a deserved favorite and a win by our team would be a mild surprise. Not as surprising as it would have been in recent years though. I would put JT as a solid 15 pt favorite

Yes it is a convenient excuse. It was Marshall vs the mud against Texas High vs the mud. Thigh got under center and ran north and south. We stayed in shotgun and tried to go east and west. So part of that is on the coaches for not adjusting to the situation. Longview would have blown us out on that field. Just because of their style of offense. Not saying thigh couldnt beat us on a dry surface. Just wish we would have gotten a chance to find out. Either way I dont think there is much difference between the top 3 in 15-5a.

Thigh only scored 7 points in the final 3 quarters against Marshall. That game is not a good measuring stick for either team though. It was a foot deep in mud. Thigh can win this game, but will need to play well away from home.

THS and Marshall could have played that game at Jerry's World under the dome and the results would not have been any different except the Tigers would have put up more points.

THS and Marshall could have played that game at Jerry's World under the dome and the results would not have been any different except the Tigers would have put up more points.

I am sorry I do not agree with this. I did not attend the game because of the weather and everyone but a few of the Texarkana fan base said the field and conditions were really bad because of the rain. Like I said I was not there but would have liked for the game to have been moved but some did not want to move the game.

Look at the Nacogdoches game last night and I noticed one of our top Lineman was hurt in the first quarter and did not return, anyone know the status on him.

i think it was the UH commit Braylon jones, I believe he just tweaked his ankle, so I think they just sat him out for precautionary reasons. He should play Saturday.

If you don't believe JT is as fast as TH just check the area track results for this year. Several of JT's current skill players were on the sprint teams that placed. I too expect a good game but only because JT established absolutely no momentum from the Nac game. JT may start out slow again but I don't expect TH to go away so easily this time. I do expect a hard fought win for JT giving the boys that boost of energy needed going into Round 2.

I never said they are not fast. I have no doubt JT is fast. Maybe I need to say it this way.... I believe THigh has more TEAM speed. Like I said, I have seen them both. And as far as the track results, I know plenty of athletes who are fast on the track, but that does not always transfer to the field. JS

MarMav congrats to the Mavericks for a great season and for the Huge win over Longview. I mean that truely. I WAS at the game and hated the weather conditions ended up like they did cause I saw this coming. Guys truth is Texas High matches up better with Marshall. T-High would have won against Marshall with the Mav QB healthy and if it was sunny, dry, no wind, and 70 degrees. I know what your saying..."That's easy to say now since T-High won".... But truthfully why wouldn't Texas High win that game!! The Mavs were the same team almost totally as they have been the last 3 years. T-High beat the Mavs the last two years in good weather and even AT Marshall. QB was the same both years and Haller kid was in the same roll last year I know not sure of the previous year. 2013 45-0 T-High, 2014 41-14 T-High, This years weather just kept T-High under 30 27-7. Not taking anything away from the season the Mavs are enjoying not at all, but enough with the excuses. Just enjoy your Playoff draw in D-II and good Luck. T-High will be busy Playing a D-I District Champion for their first round!!

MarMav congrats to the Mavericks for a great season and for the Huge win over Longview. I mean that truely. I WAS at the game and hated the weather conditions ended up like they did cause I saw this coming. Guys truth is Texas High matches up better with Marshall. T-High would have won against Marshall with the Mav QB healthy and if it was sunny, dry, no wind, and 70 degrees. I know what your saying..."That's easy to say now since T-High won".... But truthfully why wouldn't Texas High win that game!! The Mavs were the same team almost totally as they have been the last 3 years. T-High beat the Mavs the last two years in good weather and even AT Marshall. QB was the same both years and Haller kid was in the same roll last year I know not sure of the previous year. 2013 45-0 T-High, 2014 41-14 T-High, This years weather just kept T-High under 30 27-7. Not taking anything away from the season the Mavs are enjoying not at all, but enough with the excuses. Just enjoy your Playoff draw in D-II and good Luck. T-High will be busy Playing a D-I District Champion for their first round!!

[/quot

Ditto, Dittoheads! How many more times do you have to read the facts? Marinate in the facts for a year and we will see you next season...BTW, I do hope that the Man's find much success in the D2 playoffs.

I never said they are not fast. I have no doubt JT is fast. Maybe I need to say it this way.... I believe THigh has more TEAM speed. Like I said, I have seen them both. And as far as the track results, I know plenty of athletes who are fast on the track, but that does not always transfer to the field. JS

I can start by looking at TH's QB and compare him to JT's QB and for several reasons I find your "TH has more TEAM speed" statement hard to believe. Now for future reference, JT is primarily a football school so the boys track program is fueled with football players with nothing else to do.