John Tyler (7-3) vs Texas High (8-2)

cujoforlife

cujoforlife.... you probably want have to worry about what we are all talking about next week lol ..but u can put on that maroon and black and come over to the BIG E if ya want to see some playoff football !!

Dude are you obsessed with me? Go back to your wife or girlfriend and leave me alone lol.

I'm not sure when a QB ever played against a QB, but ok. One more try.....THigh's DEFENSE is pretty darn fast! They get to the ball quickly, and are sure tacklers.

Yall said the same stuff last season. When you take away TH running game you make them pass which they aren't that good at because their offense is built on run first. I saw a couple of TH's games and yall got beat by the zone read, and if Greenville and other teams has QBs like JT'S that make players miss. Only one team has stopped JT from running the ball is Lindale, and that was only for a half. Smith still ran all over them. Not one team has stopped this season even in the three losses.

I'm not sure when a QB ever played against a QB, but ok. One more try.....THigh's DEFENSE is pretty darn fast! They get to the ball quickly, and are sure tacklers.

If they're faster than JT it's not gonna be by much....their secondary shows up to play every now and then. # 19 plays DE, he'll plays at times, but imo they don't have 1 true playmaker on defense. JT is JT...running back has gotten better every week and Qb's numbers speak for themself. Got 2 really good DTs, secondary is suspect at times but athletic enough to recover in most situations, number 28 is playing Mike and the more reps he gets the better he becomes.....I'm pulling for my Tigers but then again this is SDC we gotta keep it real

You said TEAM which normally means position for position. I see now you want to go back to matchups which pits O's vs D's. TH always has a fast D and I don't doubt they run to the ball well but isn't that why teams started running the spread? To counter the speed defense? Now you got a spread team with speed (JT) that you have to cover more than just the edge against. JT's offense is more than capable of pulling away 4-5 defenders with speed on the verticals and making TH account for speed of Smith or Allen running with only 6-7 defenders.

On defense, I like the JT secondary's pursuit to the ball (8-10 picks this season) off QB pressure by JT's speed on the D line. The only plus I give TH is with Witcher. The JT outside LB's are slow to fill and protect the edge. TH may have a few weapons but JT has a boat load.

Seems to me that we beat you when you had the really good running back prior to QB Ward. Your team was not down then.

JT split time in the backfield with Black and Chancellor in 2008 the last time TH won. Chancellor was the primary back in 2009 and Black played mostly slot.

we were 6-6 that season that's a down season for our standard pretty sure that's a good season In y'all standards. We have bigger expectations than 6-6

simmer down...6-6 has never been a good season at thigh...I wanna say they've averaged 8.5/9 wins a year since norton has got there....so that would be going on 16 years

Btw the state championship was before the mallett era so don't forget about all those 10 plus win seasons he had as a starter...following him was Sorensen who went on to Oklahoma state he also beat JT as a sophomore and junior..

He is right about Texas High being "down". Pretty much going 9-1, 8-2, 7-3......records don't really tell the whole story. We haven't been anything outstanding & a lot of those wins have been playing in a weak district (exclude Longview please!). From 2001-2008 we were pretty darn good and JTs current streak isn't any better than the one we had going at that time.

This is not anti-JT at all. They have been on an amazing run & have had talent anybody would envy the last few years. I just know when you get to gloating & thinking its gonna be that way forever you can quickly get ordinary again in the blink of an eye.

I think we have a shot this Sat. That's not a prediction of victory. I already admitted I believe the Lions are a solid 15 pt favorite.

• Like 1

Miami you're just dillusional. Anytime JT loses its a down year. Anytime somebody else gets beat it's "about par for the course". We had a good run against you guys, now you are having one. Enjoy it.....beat your chest.... it never lasts...... got trophies ???

yea three, will be four soon 😉😎