John Tyler (7-3) vs Texas High (8-2)

cujoforlife

Every team eventually gets beat. The Lion's streak won't last forever. If the Tigers get up early then they will have to do a better job than they did last year. The HC likes to hang around until the end of the game and try to win against the really good teams that we play instead of trying to beat the #### out of them from the opening kick off until the final horn. I hope that we win but it's going to be difficult. I would feel the same way even if we were playing the last place team of district 16 in the first round.

• Like 1

Every team eventually gets beat. The Lion's streak won't last forever. If the Tigers get up early then they will have to do a better job than they did last year. The HC likes to hang around until the end of the game and try to win against the really good teams that we play instead of trying to beat the #### out of them from the opening kick off until the final horn. I hope that we win but it's going to be difficult. I would feel the same way even if we were playing the last place team of district 16 in the first round.

Texas high use to beat JT everytime they played, because John Tyler was down back then. Texas high hasn't beaten JT since 2009. However, all but one of them has been blow outs.

Texas high use to beat JT everytime they played, because John Tyler was down back then. Texas high hasn't beaten JT since 2009. However, all but one of them has been blow outs.

Just because January the Lions are not "down" at the moment does not automatically mean that THS cannot beat them. That is why they play the games.

I just know nobody gave jt a chance after the 0-3 start to not even make playoffs I knew better, I'm calling that second team starts the second half maybe close game in first half

Do you think the district schedule is weaker that the nondistrict schedule?

Where did i say that TH couldn't win? I was stating facts.

No, you didn't say that Texas High couldn't win but I know that you are feeling pretty confident based on those blow outs that you are referring to. Marshall gets blown out every year against Longview and this year they win. I'm sure that there were hordes of Lobo fans that were just as confident as you are and they felt the "agony of defeat. "

I just know nobody gave jt a chance after the 0-3 start to not even make playoffs I knew better, I'm calling that second team starts the second half maybe close game in first half

Lol what.

Everybody knew they were going to make the playoffs. Did they upset Lp? Sure. No one expected them to win district.

But when you're playing Lindale, Jacksonville, Whitehouse, Nacogdoches and Corsicana....JT should always make the post season.

No the teams that we played only one that i know of made the playoffs.

Plano and Lee would both make the playoffs in 16-5A, easily.

Lol what.

Everybody knew they were going to make the playoffs. Did they upset Lp? Sure. No one expected them to win district.

But when you're playing Lindale, Jacksonville, Whitehouse, Nacogdoches and Corsicana....JT should always make the post season.

Plano and Lee would both make the playoffs in 16-5A, easily.

we would make it in the playoffs if we were Lee district to. Don't matter what district we will make it somewhere 1-4

No, you didn't say that Texas High couldn't win but I know that you are feeling pretty confident based on those blow outs that you are referring to. Marshall gets blown out every year against Longview and this year they win. I'm sure that there were hordes of Lobo fans that were just as confident as you are and they felt the "agony of defeat. "

Sir it's the playoffs no one wants to see their team go home. And no one including myself. Is going to day their team is going to lose.

I have seen both teams this year. Both are very good. I am leaning toward THigh however. They are extremely fast, have an accurate QB, and they play well as a team. JT is also fast, but I don't believe as fast as THigh. THigh has the ability to score a lot of points against pretty good defenses (Marshall). Should be a good game, but I take THigh by 5. Also, 15-5A sweeps this weekend IMHO. They really don't get enough credit.

I have seen both teams this year. Both are very good. I am leaning toward THigh however. They are extremely fast, have an accurate QB, and they play well as a team. JT is also fast, but I don't believe as fast as THigh. THigh has the ability to score a lot of points against pretty good defenses (Marshall). Should be a good game, but I take THigh by 5. Also, 15-5A sweeps this weekend IMHO. They really don't get enough credit.

Only way JT loses this game if they come lackadaisical like they did against Lindale and Jacksonville and Cana, if they play like they did against White House, e-town,LP, and Nac then JT gets this one easily. JT's D-line will put too much pressure on the QB so I don't think he will be as accurate as some think. He'll be running a lot. The speed part that won't be a problem.. The key to beating JT is to get them down by a lot early and stay on the gas, cause it will break there spirit if they don't see a chance of coming back, But If JT gets up by 14 or more points you ain't coming back.. So it's best you keep the game close.