jakeelee

Lindale Vs. Marshall  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Lindale in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Lindale in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Lindale basically dared us to pass the ball the entire game. We did in first half and scored fairly easily. Second half our coaches decided we are going to run the ball no matter how many defenders are in the box. Man coverage no safety help! We have to do a better job of making teams pay. Too many good wrs to not take advantage. Lindale is tough and this game should help our players and coaches moving forward. Hope we see more play action passes in the game plan. Those seemed to work much better than regular drop back passes.

Yeah.... the second half play calling was atrocious. Cam basically dragged us to victory kicking and screaming.

Did NOT like the conservative play calling when Lindale was stacking the box..... and totally blowing up our offensive line.

If we had continued to mix the pass and the run like we did in the 1st half..... I think we could have saved ourselves some ulcers.

Lindale played close games all season, so they had no reason to panic. They stayed their course and remained steady even when they were down big.

Big win. But we still have some work to do!

Very proud of our boys this year. A lot of really close games with really good teams. I heard through the grapevine that Lindale will be getting Mineola's running back next year. He lives in Lindale now but started his season in Mineola so he had the option to finish the season with them. Hopefully he will fill the void of not having Ryan Taylor next year

1st Mav game I've watched this year. With all of the hype I expected to see a much better performance from them. Possibly holding back the playbook, not wanting to show their hand for next week. 5 and 99 are real studs.

If you guys want to see some wide open offense and shutdown defense. Come the Mt. Pleasant next Friday night and watch the Waskom Wildcats play Gunter. We've scored 546 points so far this season and only given up 109 with 6 shutouts. They are on a 26 game winning streak. We've also got 5 varsity starters that came over from Marshall and several more on the JV team that went undefeated this season too from Marshall.

Good luck Mavs.

Let's see..... We are using a backup QB that got just his third varsity start at that position.

Not everyone can be as awesome as Waskom. I mean gah lee!!!

Couldn't grow your own talent so you stole ours. Hallsville says hi too.

Luckily..... We aren't missing any of them.

Shall we discuss the last 5-6 decades of mediocrity from the Wildats prior to 2014?

Yeah.

Let's see..... We are using a backup QB that got just his third varsity start at that position.

Not everyone can be as awesome as Waskom. I mean gah lee!!!

Couldn't grow your own talent so you stole ours. Hallsville says hi too.

Luckily..... We aren't missing any of them.

Shall we discuss the last 5-6 decades of mediocrity from the Wildats prior to 2014?

Yeah.

Don't recall STEALING anyone. People make their own choices to leave Marshall. Wanna discuss the 0-10 Mavs a few years ago. All teams got through ups and downs. The Past is the past. BTW if you haven't heard of Chan Aime, he's a homegrown Waskom young man. Look him up. Arguably the best player in Texas. I have no idea about Waskom before 2014, didn't live here then. Lived in Marshall. Grew up in Marshall. Played football for Marshall, made all district and all East Texas for Marshall twice, helped get Marshall back to the playoffs after a long drought. So don't question my Big Red Pride. CHOSE to move my kids to Waskom. Where my son got a SC ring as a freshman and is now starting for the Wildcats and could start for the Mavs too. I wish the Mavs continued success. Waskom gets no respect until Marshall looses. All the kids that make the sacrifice to play High School football deserve recognition. Regardless of the size of the school. All I'm saying is come out and give us a look see. Sorry for being a former Mav and a current Wildcat supporter. Pull your head out of the sand and see what's going on around you. You may be surprised.

Yeah...

You're post was extremely negative. I only responded to your garbage post.

Things look pretty happy in Mav Land IMHO.

Bond just passed. About to get new schools. Enrollment is up. Morale is high. Community is excited.

Football team is on the rise.

Congrats to to Waskom on last year's success. And good luck to this season.

But you are trolling. Period. Point blank.

I'll take the tradition of my Mavs over just about anyone. Win or lose. Including Waskom. Because that's what being a Maverick is all about.

Cool enough. Never meant to be negative only honest. Trolling on a public forum on a game I attended, a town I lived in and a team I played for and still have family that live in Marshall and that have been season ticket holders since 1980??? Mavs should roll thru SOC next week. Please be careful out there.

We definatly arent the same offense with our qb out for the year. I think we go deep and probably blowout lindale if he were playing. Our defense has stepped up since then and Haller is getting better every week at throwing the ball. If he gains confidence each week and expands his play selection, we can still reach those highs. Oline needs to take a page from our defense and be more physical. Got to have better play from all 5 guys. Potential is there just need to step up and get back to maverick smashmouth play.

I agree. There were several passes that Cam threw while being pressured that were dropped. The WRs have to start making those catches. They werent easy but you have to help out your QB. Who would have thought after the first half of the season in the 2nd round of the playoffs we would be talking about how great the defense is playing and how the offense needs to step it up.

Is it just me or does it seem like Marshall crowds are a lot less into the game during afternoon games? We can pack out the place but very few actually get into it. I wonder why that is? I doubt we have as big of a crowd at Desoto as we did at PT but should still travel pretty well. The 3:00 kickoff will be a little later in the day so i hope Mav nation shows up ready!

One thing I've noticed about when we play in the metroplex..... we lose some fans that can't make the drive from Marshall......

But we get a lot of alum and such that live in the Dallas area.

I was pleasantly surprised how many people we had at RC this year....esp for a season opener. Same with Crandall and Greenville last year.

Crowd should be OK. First long playoff drive in several years (Midlothian in 2013)..... we need the practice lol

Lindale basically dared us to pass the ball the entire game. We did in first half and scored fairly easily. Second half our coaches decided we are going to run the ball no matter how many defenders are in the box. Man coverage no safety help! We have to do a better job of making teams pay. Too many good wrs to not take advantage. Lindale is tough and this game should help our players and coaches moving forward. Hope we see more play action passes in the game plan. Those seemed to work much better than regular drop back passes.

Doesn't help that when y'all did try and pass, Lindale was in the backfield in a heart beat.