5A DI R2 Bi-District: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (8-2) vs Lufkin Panthers (7-3)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

I can see winner going to round 4.....summit has given up a lot of points and 3rd round game is winnable

I just want this one. Then, just take it a game at a time. I didn't think Lake Ridge would beat Lv last year, even with the injuries. Didn't think we would lose to Plano West a few years ago, but it happened. Talent wise I think we should be the favorites to make it to the fourth round, but...,yea

I just want this one. Then, just take it a game at a time. I didn't think Lake Ridge would beat Lv last year, even with the injuries Didn't think we would lose to Plano West a few years ago, but it happened. Talent wise I think we should be the favorites to make it to the fourth round, but...,yea

This game is truly a toss up....wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way. If we don't have any turnovers I think we win but that is a big if. Key for y'all is at least slowing down run game and I think that is a big if too.

Lake ridge was better than anyone thought last year and we were banged up and got worse as game went an we still had chance to win it at end. We couldn't stop the run to save our lives last year we are much improved there this year.

That Plano west game was exciting

I didn't think Lake Ridge would beat Lv last year, even with the injuries.

Looking back at it...obviously we had a chance to win and obviously we had a lot (and I mean a lot) of bad things go on during the game, but we just were so beaten before even stepping into that stadium. That injured team rivals the injuries of that 2003 team, that literally had no one by the end of it outside of playing sophomores (which we were last year too).

Against Lake Ridge or in general?

Duffey beat us badly through the air last year (even though he was scrambling 3/4ths the game).

Against lufkin and lr.....they were running at will especially up the middle we would be all around but seemed they still got 5-10 yds

People aren't saying much. That's probably a good thing though lol

Not much to say. Lol We seem to be getting the same vibe as last year but on a more less level.

The whole '16-5A superiority' and '15-5A was weak' arguments are still lingering around. Not necessarily you saying it but it's definitely being said.

Not much to say. Lol We seem to be getting the same vibe as last year but on a more less level.

The whole '16-5A superiority' and '15-5A was weak' arguments are still lingering around. Not necessarily you saying it but it's definitely being said.

I haven't heard it as much as last season. I think both districts are a little down this year, mostly because the top teams like Ennis aren't as good. I still believe from top to bottom, our district was a little better. Doesn't mean anything, when we play in the first round of course. Just like I believe the SEC was better last year than the Big Ten, even with the OSU win over Bama and the close games with Big Ten schools in the January bowls. Just believe from top to bottom, SEC was better. Again, it won't mean much when we play in the first round. I can't lie though, my opinion about our district this season will change, if Hallsville and T-high win their games. I think either team could win our game and the Marshall vs Lindale game too.

I think Texas High and Hallsville will keep it close, but they're both playing better teams. I think the Tigers are improved from last season for sure.

If 16-5A is better than 15-5A this year, it's just by a margin. Ennis and John Tyler are not what they were last season while Marshall and Texas High are both better. Longview and Lufkin are a squash.

But like you said, doesn't really matter in this game. Y'all didn't even get to face off against one of the opponents that would've helped make y'all better anyways.

But like you said, doesn't really matter in this game. Y'all didn't even get to face off against one of the opponents that would've helped make y'all better anyways.

I don't think it would've matter as much now, with the way they're playing. I understand you shouldn't compare games, but we blew out Corsi and Nac, and they almost lost to them. We would've had three players out at the time on defense too. Also, considering the weather, the play calling by both teams would've probably been very conservative and they don't throw it that much anyways. I would've loved for us to play them and initially I was worried about not being able to play against a good and well-coached team like Ennis, but I don't think that game would've made us that much better looking back on it now and considering all of the factors.

I haven't heard it as much as last season. I think both districts are a little down this year, mostly because the top teams like Ennis aren't as good. I still believe from top to bottom, our district was a little better. Doesn't mean anything, when we play in the first round of course. Just like I believe the SEC was better last year than the Big Ten, even with the OSU win over Bama and the close games with Big Ten schools in the January bowls. Just believe from top to bottom, SEC was better. Again, it won't mean much when we play in the first round. I can't lie though, my opinion about our district this season will change, if Hallsville and T-high win their games. I think either team could win our game and the Marshall vs Lindale game too.

Yeah. I find it a very dumb argument for several reasons..but mostly because SOS, common opponents....none of that ever matters when these two teams meet. Literally will have no bearing on what happens Friday and in fact, I'm still not sure who wins. I know what I hope to see though. We can talk matchups all day but the 16-5A vs 15-5A talk is useless at least in this matchup.

Besides, we blew the doors off of the district champ...which would totally negate that argument anyway.

I do wonder how good Texas High is though. They lost to Kilgore, but then again Lindale and Corsi have played close games with and lost(Carthage) to some "questionable" teams too. So, I don't know when it comes to them. Just like Nac last year.

Yawn

The same poll that had Lee #1 to start the season.

Clearly means we're doomed.

Well lee did beat the mess out of JT and should have beat lufkin. A poll is a poll but 6 and 5 a is as weak as it has been in a while in east Texas

I pray this game is nothing like last year first round. I don't think my heart can take it. Go Lobos!!!!

If it means we win, I'll happily take it.

Just hope to god if we win that we can avoid losing 5/6 guys like last year.

Lmao, Green better be ready after last year. I do feel pretty good about a Panther victory though. Luck was on Lv side in the last two games, I think the Pack take this one by 9. Slap a Lobo!!!

Luck lol.

If we get up on ya like a certain team the last time you were at Rose, we'll make sure not to step off the throttle as they did.

That was some real luck right there.