5A DI R2 Bi-District: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (8-2) vs Lufkin Panthers (7-3)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

Ok here I am at last!! I came to settle the score PERIOD! LP knows that LGV is better even on a bad year. The only reason they play us or seem to play us so tough is because we are-- or should I say we are the only real measuring stick they have to go by due to alignment. They gear up for us like no other team they face PERIOD. Now after they play LGV they look like a total different team the next few games. So then, this tells me its not coaching but rather HEART! They have what it takes on any given Sunday oops I mean Friday but the REAL HEART BEAT only truly shows up against LGV or we might see it every blue moon like the Lee game. Now LP that's sad and to add to that credit LGV has the same problem at times. Now, I'm pro-LGV all day everyday but when we aren't playing one another I count on LP, JT, heck even LEE to bring something back to ETEX besides a DANG LOSS in the 5A Div. When we meet it seems its become OUR "meaning both teams" SUPERBOWL and we lose sight on the final prize. They always say don't look to far down the road-well HECK I was always taught fight for today and always prepare for tomorrow. Our kids are stuck on FIGHT FOR TODAY and there is NO TOMORROW and this is why we BOTH keep seeing frustration. Hell I want a championship even if my QB plays without a helmet and until I see that type of heart none of us will get there PERIOD. Listen, I've seen the viciousness come out in LGV maybe 3 times in maybe 12yrs and they played like maniacs REAL-TALK. Ok I will tell you a few times and you old heads will remember (Remember when we played Dallas Carter in Corsicana and Carter came out with that AX and walked to the center field mocking LGV? Yea, we BEAT THE BRAKES OFF THEM) "That was HEART" Remember when Mesquite Horn had a tough running back named Mon Williams and on opening kick-off he nearly took it to the house got tackled by LGV sidelines got up pointing his finger at LGV'S Vondrell McGee LGV went wild and again BEAT THE BRICKS off them-I can't remeber the team that came to LGV and gathered on the rocking 'L' OMG what a huge mistake they too got the BRICKS BEAT OFF them and Lastly, remember the fight with Marshall a few years back OMG got the BRICKS BEAT OFF them too "that's HEART"... I guess you just have to do something to ###### the HULK off before he shows you what HE'S HAD THE WHOLE TIME... LGV AND LP we need that type of GRIT every game that's what gets the CHAMPIONSHIP. I'm done with excuses like oh, we don't have the talent, oh the district is too strong, oh deep down inside I believe our team may make 2rounds, SHUT UP with that! Truth is THEY GOT WHAT IT TAKES and THEY HAVE HAD IT FOR YEARS problem is THEY DON'T KNOW IT until something brings it out of them,,NOW THAT to me is SAD. LP LGV look good whenever we meet simply because of that CHIP on their shoulders but when the meeting is over who knows WHO will show up the following week? At this point I want LGV to win but if they don't then LP its on you BRING something BACK to EAST TX PERIOD! When the game is over and the smoke clears I hope BOTH sides can shake hands BUT charge the winning team in their FACE to BRING THE CHAMPIONSHIP HOME because if they can FIGHT that hard against one-another well HELL you ought to be able to FIGHT that hard against other teams. SO, YEA I SAID IT and I tried to SAY IT LOUD. NO EXCUSES PERIOD. Now that I've said it where's that political correct dude who always got something fly to say when somebody speaks TRUTH on this board? Now, yall wanted some action-HERE IT IS and I ain't apologizing for the TRUTH, accept it, both sides NEEDS TOO! Hopefully the church can say AMEN... P.S. everybody talking about meeting up, well I'm barging in too with a YEA I SAID IT T-SHIRT ON plus I will buy the 1st round of SPRITE...

This game is just like Marshall to me. If Longview gives up the long pass plays, say two, and has a turnover or two we lose 28-21 . If Longview can cover the deep ball and play turnover free ball, come out with passion we win. 35-17 LOBOS. Just my two cents.

most likely somehow Lobos 5'2 corner will get matched up with LP'S 6'2 receiver...

most likely somehow Lobos 5'2 corner will get matched up with LP'S 6'2 receiver...

Stop it. Kinglobo and 85 basically said we're not even on the Lobos level. Not even as good as the worse lobo teams. We don't have a chance in this one and should lose by 90. Lobos will set rushing records again and that Anthony kid will average more than 20 a carry. 😞

If we do that....we aren't trying to win.

Luckily, they had Dean on Phillips in the first matchup. Also had Dean on LP's biggest WR last year.

Not sure why we have a fetish for short corners. They're fast but never seem to know how to play the ball in the air.

Stop it. Kinglobo and 85 basically said we're not even on the Lobos level. Not even as good as the worse lobo teams. We don't have a chance in this one and should lose by 90. Lobos will set rushing records again and that Anthony kid will average more than 20 a carry. 😞

It is only 17 yards a carry, on average! 😏

I never said Lufkin is not on Longview's level. However, I do feel if we do what I said, we win the game. Maybe not 35-17(wishful thinking) but I think Longview wins by 10 or so. Again just my thoughts.

Don't worry about it 85 some of the Panther fans are trying to play the poor little underdog card ig thinking they might get some mental advantage. Anyone who knows anything about this game knows it could go either way