Ennis vs Hallsville, 7:30 Friday in Van

Monte1076

They gave up over 500 rushing yards to Longview. I don't even think Lv had 40 carries in that game.

Hmmm...Ok. I was not aware of that. And how has Longview's rushing game been this year? I mean, what have they been averaging per game (district-wise)?

I went back and got all the rushing totals for us. Overall, we've given up over 100 yards 4 times. Once gave up 300+ (Waxahachie).

In total, we've given up 1,065 yards rushing, or approximately 118.33 yards per game. 637 of that was in 3 non-district games.

Offensively, we've gained 2,790 yards, or about 310 yards rushing per game.

Hmmm...Ok. I was not aware of that. And how has Longview's rushing game been this year? I mean, what have they been averaging per game (district-wise)?

I went back and got all the rushing totals for us. Overall, we've given up over 100 yards 4 times. Once gave up 300+ (Waxahachie).

In total, we've given up 1,065 yards rushing, or approximately 118.33 yards per game. 637 of that was in 3 non-district games.

I don't know the yardage #'s, but i've seen Hallsville a few times times this year and they have a BIG problem vs the run....they can't stop it the few games i saw. And the play-action....oh my!!

Waskom played there last year in playoffs, but you'll probably have bigger following, or at least you should. The facilities were really nice, ample seating. BUT a tornado went through there earlier in the year. Don't know how close to the school it came. Hopefully didn't have an impact.

I went through Van earlier in the week and checked out the stadium. Pretty nice little stadium they have. Seating should be fine on the home side, not so much on the visitors side. How well does Hallsville fans travel?

Hallsvile played Ennis several years ago in the playoffs in the old Cowboy Stadium. They were playing them close early on until we did a flea-flicker pass play that went for big yardage only to be called by an illegal man downfield or some other "ghost" penalty. Fell apart after that.

I think that Graham Harrell was Ennis' QB at the timez

Yes, 2003 49-7 then lost to Mathew Stafford's Highland Park the following week

I don't know what they have been averaging in district on the ground, but I think only Byrd was able to at least slow down the Lv rushing attack in Shreveport. I think they've gotten at least 200-250 on the ground in every other game. That line us huge and they've always had good running backs. Regardless, Hallsville still has a problem stopping the run. I Think Marshall, T-high, Nac and Carthage was able to get a lot of yards on the ground against them too. So, I'll be shocked, if Ennis doesn't do the same..

I don't know the yardage #'s, but i've seen Hallsville a few times times this year and they have a BIG problem vs the run....they can't stop it the few games i saw. And the play-action....oh my!!

What type of offense does Hallsville run? I did manage to find some of their scores, and it looks like they blew out 3 or 4 teams.

What type of offense does Hallsville run? I did manage to find some of their scores, and it looks like they blew out 3 or 4 teams.

Hallsville runs a spread like offense, alot of read option stuff if i remember correctly. They have blown out some teams, but other than LV, Marshall and T High the district is VERY weak!!

Ennis have been perennial "monsters" during the playoffs. Followed them extensively while living in the DFW metromess. I'm thinking Hallsville may have their hands full.

You may as well book your room an extra night and continue panning for gold!!

You look pretty dumb now

Hmm I was on the field tonight and I didn't see any run game hurt us and I definitely didn't see any play action hurt us "oh my"

I think it's pretty funny all the people who want to talk BIG up until game time about how huge their stats were all year, and when it's over, the trash talk gets reversed and all I hear is nothing....lol. Anyway, great job Hallsville! Way to represent 15-5A! 2 down, 2 to go! Still looking for a 15-5A sweep! It could happen....