3a D1 dist 12 vs dist 11

rykerx144

WOW! Lol. I guess we overlooked a couple of qualified applicants when hiring a head coach 7 years ago. Unbelievable some of the comments from the "tiger faithful". Let's see....7 straight playoff appearances since the hiring of Coach Driskell. 80 games played with a record of 63-17. Been in the top 10 in state a couple of times last two years. Oh by the way we were 1-19 the two previous years before his arrival. He is a great coach with a great coaching staff. This isn't the same team from last year and Elkhart, Westwood, Eustace and Teague aren't either. They are all different. If some of you think you can coach then put the app in and get on the staff. I will support this staff and team in good times and bad. Some of you "so called Malakoff fans" just disgust me. Oh by the way we are 9-1 this year. Maybe you enjoyed being everyone's homecoming opponent all those years. I sure as hell didn't. If you can't be proud of this team and these coaches for what they have accomplished then you have a real problem and are not a true fan. Ok rant over. Sorry but it just makes me sick to read some of this #### coming from Tiger fans. Especially when I know who you are.

• Like 1

Morningwood, Not sure if your talking about me or not but I never once said our Coaches or our players were not good I think they have done a great job and never once said I could do any better and yes we are loaded with talent and will be for years to come...I simply made an observation of what I have seen in games this year I guess with this new PC world we live in we are not supposed say anything that goes against the flow forgive me if I have offended anyone I guess we are not allowed to have an opinion anymore. If nothing else maybe my post gave the Coaches a little locker room material to the kids off enough to go out and kick some butt and prove me wrong. I will be there to support them tonight just like every other Friday night. GO TIGERS

I'll just say this and then I'm out. I don't understand how anyone can sit back and criticize a football program that has done nothing but win the last few years. Especially if it's your own hometown. It is hard to stop a team that is satisfied with 3 yards and a cloud of dust every play no matter what your picked to beat them. I heard some idiot the other night screaming "put 11 in the box!" That's just pure genius right there. Lol. We have 4-6 D linemen that are playing both ways the entire game. These so called football gods don't have a clue what's going on inside that huddle or sideline. Contrary to what everyone may think Elkhart, Westwood and Teague are very good well coached teams and Eustace fights us tooth and nail every year. Man just be positive cause I promise you don't want the alternative. Lol. If you have criticism go talk to Driskell himself. I'm sure he would love to hear from you. ;)

Dude you can speak your mind. That's your God given right. Just as I have. And locker room material is great. But when it's coming from the folks that supposedly support you, not so much. If I were a coach and read all the negative comments coming from my town I might not feel appreciated or want to stay. Especially after being so successful. Just seems unwarranted. Just sayin.

• Like 1

Dude you can speak your mind. That's your God given right. Just as I have. And locker room material is great. But when it's coming from the folks that supposedly support you, not so much. If I were a coach and read all the negative comments coming from my town I might not feel appreciated or want to stay. Especially after being so successful. Just seems unwarranted. Just sayin.

Seems like 7 years of winning has spoiled a few wood. Glad to see a perspective like your's. They must've forgotten 1-19.

Westwood represented district 11 very well. Hat's off to them. Also want to give shout out for #4 DJ Hicks, #10 Steven Green and #1 Kaigan Baker for fighting the whole game and never letting up. Enjoyed watching them play and good luck to these young men on their future !!!!

• Like 2

Westwood represented district 11 very well. Hat's off to them. Also want to give shout out for #4 DJ Hicks, #10 Steven Green and #1 Kaigan Baker for fighting the whole game and never letting up. Enjoyed watching them play and good luck to these young men on their future !!!!

So did yall under estimate westwood as a team or yall not that good? Congrats to Westwood should of won this game!

If saying " If the defense plays the way they did against Eustace it might be a 1 and done" hurts a player or a Coaches feels I am sorry. That is all I said. When I played you didnt have to read it on line the guys on the fence told us during and after the game didn't hurt my feelings t all

• Like 1

Seems like 7 years of winning has spoiled a few wood. Glad to see a perspective like your's. They must've forgotten 1-19.

Have not forgotten....I was one of the very few that went to almost every game those 2 yrs. and some that are on my butt want to question my support that were not at those games and probably would not be such a fan if we were still losing unless they had a kid playing. I have never bad mouthed a coach or kid in any of comments so not sure why all the attacks.I will say that DC and head coach during the 1-19 was not very good...there was ZERO discipline on that team kids were walking away from coaches when they were talking to them, quit one day allowed to return the next never practiced in full pads it was embarrassing. Now Iam done talking about this ####.....If our kids bring their best tonight...we should win by at least the 21 we are favored....GO TIGERS!!

If saying " If the defense plays the way they did against Eustace it might be a 1 and done" hurts a player or a Coaches feels I am sorry. That is all I said. When I played you didnt have to read it on line the guys on the fence told us during and after the game didn't hurt my feelings t all

Dude all I'm saying is this...

Anybody can point out faults and weaknesses and be critical. That's easy. I expect the smack talk from our foes, it's all in good fun. But to see it coming from the home crowd, AS SUCCESFUL AS WE HAVE BEEN, is just crazy. Especially with an AD and staff that have poured they're heart and soul into this program and have worked nothing short of a miracle to turn it around. You have your opinion and I have mine and we will just leave it at that. I hope you are there tonight showing your support. Go Tigers!!!!

P.S. The "experts on the fence" aren't the ones getting paid to do the job. :)

Great job by the Tigers ....our kids played like they were on a mission. I believe in giving credit where credit is due....outstanding job on defense by the players and a great scheme by Coach Watkins and his crew. Coker,Bush and Lowerie had what I think was their best game of the year. Next week is a big hurdle to get over but I think we have as much talent as anyone 3A . GO TIGERS!!!!!!

• Like 1

GREAT WIN LAST NIGHT TIGERS!!!!! Kids and coaches brought their "A" game. Crowd was pumped, kids were pumped and coaches were pumped. ;) Loved the emotion coach Driskell. Big task ahead of us in Cameron Yoe. If we play with that same emotion and carry that momentum into next week I truly believe we can play with anyone. Proud of you all and proud to be a Malakoff Tiger.

• Like 1