The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Crawford

12-0 Rousey vs 9-0 Holm

I'm surprised this fight is getting over 70'000 in attendants. I didn't think folks would take a chance and spend good money on a 60 second or less of a fight. Who knows, Holm may last a round. lol

Rousey in a beat down.

Since rousey came out as a communist, I hope Holm wipes the floor with her.......:p

As afughter, I love Rousey... I try not to connect the athlete to their beliefs when it comes to their fighting/sport

Holly pacing. Here comes Ronda. Energy level has definitely gone up.

Ronda Rousey laser focused as she arrives at prep point and enters the Octagon. Holly Holm, 3x champ boxing/kickboxing doesn't look nervous.

Rousey doesn't touch gloves with Holm before the bell.

Ronda already hit harder than she's ever been hit. Holm landing with straight left and right hooks. Circling, just landing lefts at will

Holm tagging Rousey with straight left hands. Rousey stunned bad by one of them. Holm takes Rousey down but stands up.

Holly Holm wins the first round.

DOWN GOES ROUSEY!!! DOWN GOES ROUSEY!!!

RONDA ROUSEY KNOCKED OUT!!!! LEFT HEAD KICK DOES IT IN THE SECOND ROUND!!!!!!!

Holm tagged Rousey with straight lefts throughout the round.

Holly Holm tops champion Ronda Rousey via knockout.

She's still down on the ground!

Holly Holm is the ONLY person in history to win world titles in boxing and UFC, man or woman. And, of course, the first person to defeat Ronda Rousey

Ronda Rousey has been transported to a local hospital after being knocked out cold. Hope she is alright.

I can see it already. The first thing she will say once she comes out of her coma, "I want a rematch"

Holly Holm closed as a +800 underdog vs Ronda Rousey (who closed at -1400), which marks the biggest upset in UFC history

After watching the post interview with Holly Holm she came across as a class act. I'm glad for her in the win. Imo, seemed to have a good soul, (a good heart)

She already agreed to a rematch if Ronda wants one, which we all know the answer to that.

Ronda Rousey was hit by 38 significant strikes in her loss to Holly Holm, that's the most she's been hit with in her career. In her 10 fights in her UFC/Strikeforce career, she was hit by a TOTAL of 64 significant strikes

The media is comparing this fight to the Buster Douglas vs Mike Tyson fight. Problem is Buster Douglas tagged Tyson in the tenth round, where as Ronda Rousey was knocked out early in the 2nd

I'm glad someone finally was able to take her down. I had a feeling that if Holm could avoid getting taken down and arm barred she might have the edge in the stand up fighting. The Rousey hype was getting to be a little too much. Holm just set herself up for some big money endorsements and a high dollar rematch ...

• Like 1

vvv