Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. SOC  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• SOC in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • SOC in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Now that AT&T stadium has started having quadruple headers instead of just 3 games..... that's 8 potential games there Friday and Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend.

There are only 16 games in region I and II left for both divisions of 6A and 5A by the third round. Soooo IF a coach is interested in playing there, math says that's a 50/50 chance of it happening.

Of course that percentage goes down if there are some 4A games ATT might would be interested in. I've seen some 4A games bring in crowds that can rival 5A and 6A games.

I would be thrilled to have Longview and Marshall play on the same day at ATT.

BUT..... I think both of us have our hands full this weekend. No sense in talking about it until we take care of business this week.

SOC cleaned our clock last season, so we've got work to do. Longview has a tough one this week too. If we advance, we will have earned it.

Longview looks to have a tough game every week if they keep winning. I am not as familiar with most of Marshall's potential up-coming opponents.

This could be a special year for the mavs. Looking ahead is stupid so I will say best of luck to Mavs against SOC. It won't be easy .

Not looking ahead at all.

We lost to SOC by 20 last season. You don't look past teams that ran you out of the stadium the last time you played.

The AT&T talk is simply about planning and scheduling and a whole lot of ifs.

Marshall was without 4 starters on defense last year vs soc. Got a healthy D this year and soc isnt as good on offense. Should be a lower scoring game than last year for both teams. And there was nothing average about lindales defense. Probably as close to longviews defense as you can get. The difference was we didnt have our qb vs Lindale. If we did, it would have forced a couple defenders out of the box and opened up some running lanes.

Honestly, I think this game gets decided in the trenches. Lindale was in the backfield quicker than you could snap almost every play last week (especially in the 2nd half). Whether y'all had called pass plays or not, who knows other than the players/coaches because Cam had little to no time to do anything at all other than scramble for his life. Can't let that happen again against SOC.

• Like 1

If Marshall, Longview, JT win all of us will play sat at AT&T stadium via @clintbuckley from etsn. John Tyler is scheduled to play at 9pm if they win, not sure about Longview maybe 5:30pm and Marshall would maybe play at 10:30am

We'd be at 2. We've known since Monday lol.

If Marshall, Longview, JT win all of us will play sat at AT&T stadium via @clintbuckley from etsn. John Tyler is scheduled to play at 9pm if they win, not sure about Longview maybe 5:30pm and Marshall would maybe play at 10:30am

Gotta take care of business this weekend but that will be a great triple header for next weekend. Let's go East Texas. It's been awhile since we showed the DFW boy's what we're made of.

Honestly, I think this game gets decided in the trenches. Lindale was in the backfield quicker than you could snap almost every play last week (especially in the 2nd half). Whether y'all had called pass plays or not, who knows other than the players/coaches because Cam had little to no time to do anything at all other than scramble for his life. Can't let that happen again against SOC.

Yea when I said passing game I meant every aspect calling passes, protection, getting open, and Cam hitting guys from what I saw SOC can and will pin their ears back and come and with their athleticism they'll get there in a hurry...

Figured we would have some SOC fans come over here and chat like they did last year.

They beat us down pretty hard last year (55-35)..... hoping for a more competitive game this time around.

Our defense is better than last season, but offense is still reinventing itself with a new QB with 4 games under his belt now.

I have no idea what they have coming back..... they were loaded to the teeth with D-1 players last season and they really showed out against us. But they did give up a lot of points to us......

Should be interesting. Can't wait till Saturday.

The SOC fans neighbors must have changed their WIFI passwords. They can't get online to post on Smoaky. Go Mavs.

The SOC fans neighbors must have changed their WIFI passwords. They can't get online to post on Smoaky. Go Mavs.

LMFAO.

Made me spew my drink.

Can't afford to waste good liquor. I work for GSMC.