Area Round: John Tyler (8-3) vs. No. 7 Mansfield Lake Ridge (11-0)

CUJO85

42 members have voted

1. 1. What's The Outcome?

• John Tyler in a blowout
    • John Tyler in a close win
    • Lake Ridge in a blowout
    • Lake Ridge in a close win

The game will be played at 2pm, Saturday in Forney's City Bank Stadium.

CUJO is playing their best ball at the right time, and they need to because LR will be a real challenge.

Here a couple tidbits about LR:

• They average 51 PPG, while giving up 21 PPG
  • Their opponents have a combined record of 51-52

Impact players:

1. Jett Duffey (QB) 6' 180 Sr. - committed to Texas Tech
  2. Duke Cater (RB) 5'8" 183 Sr. - committed to UL Monroe
  3. Arnold Azunna (DB) 6' 187 Sr. - committed to Iowa State
  4. Austin McCarther (DB) 6'1" 178 Sr. - offer from SFA
  5. Loren Mondy (LB) 6'1" 240 Jr. - committed to Arizona State
  6. Eric Hedgemin (DE) 6'1" 248 Soph.

I have a feeling this game will be a barn-burner

LR's defense is definitely bendable...

The offense is what's hard to stop for anyone. The biggest mistake anyone could do is overlook RB Duke Carter. Duffey gets alot of attention but Carter can make you pay on the ground.

They can run and pass...a true balanced offense. And man that's tough to defend.

LR's defense is definitely bendable...

The offense is what's hard to stop for anyone. The biggest mistake anyone could do is overlook RB Duke Carter. Duffey gets alot of attention but Carter can make you pay on the ground.

They can run and pass...a true balanced offense. And man that's tough to defend.

I agree, JT is going to have a tough time containing two D-1 prospects in the backfield together.

I can see this coming down to who has the ball last. I hope we can get the stops needed to pull away in the end, though.

LR will be getting a game this time. Ennis stomped them in the ground 2012 and 2013. JT will do the same. BTW when the UIL put Ennis in East Texas and Ennis appealed because of distance ( teams in a district have to all agree to let a team in ) LR was the main NO vote to let Ennis in. Seems a little wussy thing going on in Mansfield. You had a good season in the DFW area LR. Cya next year....enjoy your last game LR seniors

LR will be getting a game this time. Ennis stomped them in the ground 2012 and 2013. JT will do the same.

They're not even close to the team they were in 2012/2013 or even 2014.

Just like Ennis was nothing like they were in 2014.

LR will be getting a game this time. Ennis stomped them in the ground 2012 and 2013. JT will do the same. BTW when the UIL put Ennis in East Texas and Ennis appealed because of distance ( teams in a district have to all agree to let a team in ) LR was the main NO vote to let Ennis in. Seems a little wussy thing going on in Mansfield. You had a good season in the DFW area LR. Cya next year....enjoy your last game LR seniors

I don't think you've been paying attention...