Hallsville vs. Lancaster Round 2 in Tyler, Saturday the 21st

Hookemhorns88

Hallsville vs Lancaster  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Anyone out there know anything about Lancaster? I know they usually have a very solid track program so I expect a lot of speed.

Chances for Hallsville to advance?

Not if you get behind them. The best thing to do is stop them early and make them play your game and not theirs

Anyone out there know anything about Lancaster? I know they usually have a very solid track program so I expect a lot of speed.

Chances for Hallsville to advance?

Contain the backfield and get pressure on the QB when he drops back. Weigh heavy on their defense and pound the rock for 4 Quarters then HV has shot.

I am hoping the team that showed up to play Ennis is there Saturday afternoon and not the one that played Longview.

The defense held their own against Ennis. One of the scores was a pick 6 for Ennis. It was a bend-but-don't-break defense as they held Ennis to 3 FG's.

Our run game can be salty at times. The sophomore Taylor runs hard and always seems to get positive yardage. The senior Hardmann can take it to the house at anytime if the hole is there. McCuller, the QB, is quick, shifty, and has great speed too. He will put a video game move on you and will be gone. Just ask the Ennis DB that went down with a injury after being juked and not even making contact. The passing game is hit or miss. The kicking game is fairly solid.

Like most games, Hallsville will have to play mistake free football but hopefully they gained some confidence against Ennis and now know that it can be done.

I am hoping the team that showed up to play Ennis is there Saturday afternoon and not the one that played Longview.

The defense held their own against Ennis. One of the scores was a pick 6 for Ennis. It was a bend-but-don't-break defense as they held Ennis to 3 FG's.

Our run game can be salty at times. The sophomore Taylor runs hard and always seems to get positive yardage. The senior Hardmann can take it to the house at anytime if the hole is there. McCuller, the QB, is quick, shifty, and has great speed too. He will put a video game move on you and will be gone. Just ask the Ennis DB that went down with a injury after being juked and not even making contact. The passing game is hit or miss. The kicking game is fairly solid.

Like most games, Hallsville will have to play mistake free football but hopefully they gained some confidence against Ennis and now know that it can be done.

Lancaster doesn't power run the ball like LV.

Watched a little on them on hudl, appears they are a spread and throw team. Very fast from the looks of it. QB doesn't run, but they do run the wildcat formation some....Could be an interesting match up for the bobcats! Hallsville hasn't faced anyone that throws this much

So they spread it out and try to get the edge? Throw the ball around alot? I'm guessing the QB is a threat to run?

Talent team 101. HV has the coaching to win but the players can't be intimidated by Lancaster's athletes. They'll be easy to frustrate and they'll make a ton of momentum changing mistakes.

Do you blame them. Hallsville hasn't brought confidence . I hope yall win but Ennis is a shell of its former self. They weren't repeating anyways.

They may be a shell of the team from last year but they still have a reputation for winning and winning big. That reputation can be intimidating rather they are that good or not and can play into how well the team that plays them responds. Hallsville beat the defending State Champion, and for a team like Hallsville, that is not accustomed of winning big games, that is huge and should give them confidence going forward.

• Like 1

I agree. That was a HUGE win for Hallsville. Ennis may not have been as good as they were last year but they are still Ennis. The Bobcats will be underdogs as long as they are still in the playoffs and thats not always a bad thing. I picked Lancaster to win just because they have more athletes but that doesnt always mean that they will be the better team on that day. I will be cheering on the Cats up until they are either eliminated or play against Marshall in the 4th round!

If Hallsville can beat both Ennis and Lancaster, that would make them a serious state contender. I have a feeling Lancaster will be at NRG vs Cedar Park. If Marshall were to play them, we would haveta open up the playbook and be fairly balanced.

Lancaster is all athletes, somewhat under sized

QB Ross is very good passer, but will force ball. and has experience(transfer from Kimball)

skilled players will make plays, then lose yards trying to dance to much and will be loose with ball

If they take care of ball they are dangerous

we got in their heads and had them wanting to fight, the star RB got ejected early 3rd Q for throwing punches

they are what you think they are, athletes.....

I have them winning, but they could easily unravel and let hv hang around and win the game