Jason Garrett

Jason Garrett  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jason Garrett be fired?

He should have never been given the HC job. He was more to blame than Phillips for the Cowboy's problems when Phillips got fired. Garrett was calling the plays and had already been told he was next in line for the job. Wouldn't surprise me if his shotty play calling then was to get Phillips fired.

Bottom line though is what another poster said that only yes men coaches will be hired to coach the Cowboys as long as Jerry is in control.

I'd love for the Cowboys to bring in Harbaugh or Cower. I don't think that they can be lured. I'd like to see what Tom Herman can do with his team next year.

I can't stand crybaby Cowher. It wouldn't matter if they brought in Vince Lombardi, Jerry would still be calling the shots .... The GM position is what needs to be replaced as much or more than the head coach ...

• 2 weeks later...

I can't stand crybaby Cowher. It wouldn't matter if they brought in Vince Lombardi, Jerry would still be calling the shots .... The GM position is what needs to be replaced as much or more than the head coach ...

How do you propose that the Cowboys replace their GM, who also happens to own the team?

Never been sold on Garrett. He just rubs me the wrong way with his arrogant "I'm smarter than you" press conferences. But really what's the difference? I really don't think (at least I hope) he's happy with the type of characters that have been brought onto this team. But JJ is not gonna bring in a coach that doesn't rubberstamp whatever he wants. And how can you root for Jones when he defends Hardy on one hand.....and only weeks ago was raving about Weeden as a starter. You can't fix dillusional

That's the catch 22 ... Jerry has to wise up to the fact that he isn't up to the job and actually hire somebody to replace himself ....

Not going to happen. Only way Jerry will give up being the GM is if he dies. However, even though Red is just a puppet, he does nothing at all to improve the team. Even if he doesn't make major decisions, he does make smaller decisions like play calling, the way the team practices, and goals for practices. When the team continues to have the same problems on the field week in and week out, that falls on the play calling and poor practicing.

Jason Garrett has shown improvement every year. But living up to the Cowboy fan expectations... well, lets just say he will never touch those expectations and if he does, he wont get the credit for it...

Really? How so? Seems like we have been going downhill. Things that used to be good (i.e. offensive line, play calling, etc), are no longer good. If you are seeing some "slight" improvement I can't see it and neither can anyone else apparently. That falls on the head coach.

Really? How so? Seems like we have been going downhill. Things that used to be good (i.e. offensive line, play calling, etc), are no longer good. If you are seeing some "slight" improvement I can't see it and neither can anyone else apparently. That falls on the head coach.

Ok so you had bad offensive game plan in his first 3 yrs where your run game worked but you never used it. He changed it to a more balanced offense and great seasons occur. Is that not improvement? This year is atrocious, but Garrett didn't make are his Backup QBs terrible...

You can't say "improving every year" and it mean anything. 1 good year our of 5 is not improving. It doesn't matter if there are all-pros at every position. You either win or you don't. Its all about the record. After 20 years I'm weary of the excuses. Every year we have one. Other teams are playing with backup QBs and they aren't losing 7 of 8. Its not just the head coach. Its not just the injuries. Its not just the players. Mediocrity is the norm and will continue to be until EVERYONE is held accountable (but let's throw those backup players off the team for not dressing well enough on road trip!!) It ain't happening on this team, so get ready for another set of excuses for next year.

You can't say "improving every year" and it mean anything. 1 good year our of 5 is not improving. It doesn't matter if there are all-pros at every position. You either win or you don't. Its all about the record. After 20 years I'm weary of the excuses. Every year we have one. Other teams are playing with backup QBs and they aren't losing 7 of 8. Its not just the head coach. Its not just the injuries. Its not just the players. Mediocrity is the norm and will continue to be until EVERYONE is held accountable (but let's throw those backup players off the team for not dressing well enough on road trip!!) It ain't happening on this team, so get ready for another set of excuses for next year.

Exactly look at the TexAin'ts and the Dolts. T.J. Yates wins two games, and Matt Hasselbeck has been 4-0 with supposedly the worst offensive line in the NFL. We were supposed to have the greatest since time began, and we could only gain 31 yards on the ground on Thanksgiving. The Colts won 25-12 over the team that beat us two weeks ago with only 27 yards on the ground. Something's not right with those numbers.

Ok so you had bad offensive game plan in his first 3 yrs where your run game worked but you never used it. He changed it to a more balanced offense and great seasons occur. Is that not improvement? This year is atrocious, but Garrett didn't make are his Backup QBs terrible...

1 good year is not improving. And did anyone expect Matt Cassell or Brandon Weeden to step in and perform at Romo's level? No. But the lack of preparation and not having his guys ready to play is a direct reflection of the head coach.

Really? Running game worked? For some reason I don't think having Marion Barber as your starting RB equates to having a working run game. But maybe you are referring to the workhorse, Tashard Choice. Our run game didn't "work" until we got Demarco and a better offensive line out of the draft. So no I don't think Jason Garrett has caused the team to improve in any way, whatsoever.

• Like 1