Jason Garrett

Jason Garrett  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jason Garrett be fired?

You Cowboy fans are easier to get going than Aggies...

Jason Garrett will never get credit for anything, he just hasn't developed anything since he has been there... He is not a good coach and you know he got the job because Jerry threw him a bone.

Garrett is horrible at making adjustment to game situations as they unfold, he's also terible at clock management and has been flat out outcoached more times than not ..... he's far from the football genius he was touted to be when they hired him ....

Garrett is horrible at making adjustment to game situations as they unfold, he's also terible at clock management and has been flat out outcoached more times than not ..... he's far from the football genius he was touted to be when they hired him ....

He never got groomed to be a HC. He was basically tossed into the biggest profile job in the NFL without an experience or accolades other than playing as a back-up QB for the same team...

• Like 1

Garrett will get another year.

Linehan has to get better and Carolina was a rough game for a darn good defensive coordinator.

But we need to get a reliable backup, and find a way to stay healthy.

I would find it hard to fire the coach after losing Romo too... But the fact that the Cowboys have barely looked competitive without him falls on the coaches. The entire offense looks pathetic, running and passing... Sounds like coaching to me... Especially when the NFL essentially protects offenses...

He never got groomed to be a HC. He was basically tossed into the biggest profile job in the NFL without an experience or accolades other than playing as a back-up QB for the same team...

how much grooming did he need? He was an offensive coordinator 3-4 years.

how much grooming did he need? He was an offensive coordinator 3-4 years.

To be a HC or to be the Cowboys HC? Big difference

It kind of reminds me of all the QBs between Aikman and Romo... Bledsoe was the only QB ready for the pressure, but he was a dinosaur when Jerry signed him...

• Like 1

To be a HC or to be the Cowboys HC? Big difference

It kind of reminds me of all the QBs between Aikman and Romo... Bledsoe was the only QB ready for the pressure, but he was a dinosaur when Jerry signed him...

I totally agree that's a huge difference. But there all head coaches out there started as a coordinator at some point. i think we can also agree he just doesn't have what it takes to be the head coach of the cowboys regardless. No amount of grooming would have made him any more ready or better as head coach than he is now. The sole reason he is the man "in charge", is that he is a yes man.

I totally agree that's a huge difference. But there all head coaches out there started as a coordinator at some point. i think we can also agree he just doesn't have what it takes to be the head coach of the cowboys regardless. No amount of grooming would have made him any more ready or better as head coach than he is now. The sole reason he is the man "in charge", is that he is a yes man.

Jason Garrett has shown he has very good coordinating or organizational skills. He follows the plans he makes and utilizes the players in a manner that he and the other coaches deem is best suited for them. He has been getting players with the skillsets and mentality that he wants on the team. You are delusional to not see that the last few seasons he has gotten a certain type of player in most of the positions that we have been lacking in. It is also not realistic to notice the amount of injuries to the key players when it comes to putting your best team out there. To be able to put a very competitive team out there last year and this year with what they have had does show he has very good head coaching abilities.

Some coaches get lucky with the wins early but once those players are gone then you see the type of coach you really have. Kind of like the fans. Losing brings out the worst or best in people. With Garrett we see a coach that does not waiver in his beliefs but does try different approaches to get better results.

There is not another coaching position that has as much pressure as being the Head Coach for the Dallas Cowboys. None! The fact that Jerry Jones allows him the room to do what he wants is what will make Jason Garrett be a success. Because he does learn from his mistakes.

Jason Garrett has shown he has very good coordinating or organizational skills. He follows the plans he makes and utilizes the players in a manner that he and the other coaches deem is best suited for them. He has been getting players with the skillsets and mentality that he wants on the team. You are delusional to not see that the last few seasons he has gotten a certain type of player in most of the positions that we have been lacking in. It is also not realistic to notice the amount of injuries to the key players when it comes to putting your best team out there. To be able to put a very competitive team out there last year and this year with what they have had does show he has very good head coaching abilities.

Some coaches get lucky with the wins early but once those players are gone then you see the type of coach you really have. Kind of like the fans. Losing brings out the worst or best in people. With Garrett we see a coach that does not waiver in his beliefs but does try different approaches to get better results.

There is not another coaching position that has as much pressure as being the Head Coach for the Dallas Cowboys. None! The fact that Jerry Jones allows him the room to do what he wants is what will make Jason Garrett be a success. Because he does learn from his mistakes.

3-8, that's a whole lot of improvement. I'm sure you would have said the same thing about Dave Campo after all of his 5-11 seasons.

3-8, that's a whole lot of improvement. I'm sure you would have said the same thing about Dave Campo after all of his 5-11 seasons.

Campo never really had much chance to succeed as a head coach for the Cowboys. He took over a depleted team and one that just lost Aikman forever. He has very good coaching abilities but his tenure as head coach never got going.

Space occasionally shows some good points, but credibility......uh no. You can't just throw a blanket over & support every decision and every outcome and be taken seriously (see the above Campo could have been a great coach speech) . When you can't do anything but blindly follow the public "talking points" there is no substance to your argument. He should have been a political operative. I think he just likes to stand in a set position & get everybody to argue

Space occasionally shows some good points, but credibility......uh no. You can't just throw a blanket over & support every decision and every outcome and be taken seriously (see the above Campo could have been a great coach speech) . When you can't do anything but blindly follow the public "talking points" there is no substance to your argument. He should have been a political operative. I think he just likes to stand in a set position & get everybody to argue

Dave's coaching has almost always been good. His head coaching abilities is what has been questioned. I never once said he could have been a great head coach or a great coach.

I suppose that's why he got fired at KU back in October. http://cjonline.com/sports/2014-10-14/dave-campo-clint-bowen-should-be-next-ku-head-coach .

That's funny. Since when has being fired as a coach meant they were not good coaches? Tom Landry was fired. Lovie Smith was fired. Mike Ditka, Shanahan and a whole lots more. All that means is the coach was not suited for that team at the time. Nothing to do with being a bad coach.