5A D-II Region Semifinals: Marshall(11-1) Vs. Frisco Lone Star (11-1)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Frisco Lone Star  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Lone Star in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Lone Star in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

These DFW/Houston metro teams have taken over Texas high school football. Watched Katy play again last night and they could beat some bad college teams. Feel bad for the teams moving up to 6A. They can kiss any chance of going far in the playoffs against these monsters.

Dfw more so than Houston...other than Katy no one from that area has done much. Dfw/east Texas pretty much swept the state titles last year, and won most of them the year before that

Disagree. If they had backups in and were running draws and running the clock and we couldnt stop them and they scored thats one thing. But the biggest part was going uptempo hurry up after hitting the long pass. Say what u want thats classless

All I'm getting is online play-by-play updates. I didn't realize they were going up-tempo. However, LS is already on their 2nd string RB as their starter is suspended. Not to mention they played Forney last week without a starting wideout and their starting RB due to suspensions as well. They do NOT run 2 deep at every position. The RB (#1) is a freshmen.

Disagree. If they had backups in and were running draws and running the clock and we couldnt stop them and they scored thats one thing. But the biggest part was going uptempo hurry up after hitting the long pass. Say what u want thats classless

Right cause it Friscos problem. They are getting ready for the next game and the next after that... They should stop scoring some of those seniors are about to end there high school careers. You're in the third round!

• Like 1

Maravich mentioned earlier that Lone Star was successful throughout the year stopping the run out of the spread. And seeing how thats our only magic trick and it wasnt working we didnt have a plan b. Our defense actually played pretty well for a quarter and a half but when the offense continuously goes 3 and out they were going to wear down against that offense for sure. I think LS makes it to Houston but Cedar Park shouldnt have much trouble.

Maravich mentioned earlier that Lone Star was successful throughout the year stopping the run out of the spread. And seeing how thats our only magic trick and it wasnt working we didnt have a plan b. Our defense actually played pretty well for a quarter and a half but when the offense continuously goes 3 and out they were going to wear down against that offense for sure. I think LS makes it to Houston but Cedar Park shouldnt have much trouble.

I really wish you guys didn't lose Hart during district. Haller is great player, but I think it would've been a way different ball game had you had your leader and signal caller over the past 4 years. I really don't think the score does justice to just how good the Mavs were this year.

Great season though. I'm glad Harper has the Mavs back to being legit. It makes ETX proud to see these teams getting better.