5A D-II Region Semifinals: Marshall(11-1) Vs. Frisco Lone Star (11-1)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Frisco Lone Star  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Lone Star in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Lone Star in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

I just got home from the game (not bragging). I can tell you that what I saw from Frisco LS is that they have a really good looking DE (#16), a really good WR (#15) and an excellent QB.

Either all of that or the Marshall OL was terrible, the DBs are really slow, and the Defensive penetration was terrible for Marshall...

But what I really saw was what one poster mentioned earlier. LS did an excellent job establishing the run with the QB then destroyed us with the pass. Marshall's offense looked bad because the only run available was through the gut which was only open 50% of the time usually for 3-4 yards. I think Marshall only had 5 first downs in the game. #16 was unblocked almost every play which is not good when you are running to the outside on his side every play. Haller had less than 2 seconds to throw the ball every drop back. And when he did have time you could tell he was wondering where the pressure was...

Overall, Marshall peaked a season early... Next year is going to be a hell of a year. I doubt the Mavs will take anyone for granted next season,

Oh, and the turnout on both sides was unbelievable this far from home for Marshall. Fans haven't traveled like that from Marshall in ages.

Disagree. If they had backups in and were running draws and running the clock and we couldnt stop them and they scored thats one thing. But the biggest part was going uptempo hurry up after hitting the long pass. Say what u want thats classless

I think it is funny to see Marshall and Kilgore complaining about having the score run up on them. Kilgore used to run it up when they had the chance, and Marshall wasn't complaining about running up the score when you scored 63 against Crandall.

Nac please be informed before you try to make a point. First we scored 55 against Crandall not 63. 48 of those points were in the first half. The last touchdown was a run with 9 minutes left in the game by our 3rd string rb. If Lone Star would have put in backups and were simply running the ball and we couldnt stop them you wouldnt have heard a single complaint from me.

And another thing. I bet if you asked debragga or anybody else from Crandall they would tell you we were anything but classless. Actually we have been complimented all year long by fans of other teams about how much class we have. Helping up players from the other team, etc.. As a matter of fact we were doing that today while Lone Star was making throat slashing gestures after tackles.

• Like 1

Thanks Baseball. Winning is great and this program is winning on and off the field. Not too long ago you would have never heard somebody say Marshall had class. It was embarrassing to hear that we were known more for fighting than anything else. Coach Harper has turned it around and we can be proud again to be a Maverick!

• Like 1

I think it is funny to see Marshall and Kilgore complaining about having the score run up on them. Kilgore used to run it up when they had the chance, and Marshall wasn't complaining about running up the score when you scored 63 against Crandall.

It's always great when the uninformed tries to chime in on things that they have no clue about. Please continue educate other threads on more stuff you know nothing about.

• Like 1

Karnack you are clueless. Lone Star is going to demolish Lancaster as well. Yes Lancaster has speed but thats it. Hallsville should have beat them if it wasnt for 2 horrible fumbles that gave them easy tds.

I meant I'd be afraid to see what Lancaster would have done to Marshall. But since they are done with their season, there should be no complaints. Outplayed, out coached, out classed, referees, no complaints or excuses. Too much talk before game and too many complaints after.

In the 2013 Semi-Finals game Refugio was up on Waskom 69-33, when with less than 1 minute to go in the game, Coach Herring was hell bent on chunking into the end zone for another score. Our defense held them out on that occasion, he he caught heck from just about everybody in the state for his actions. I look back on it now and have mixed feelings about it. Yeah, you want your starters fresh for the next opponent, but do you risk injury by keeping your starters in during a blowout?

Good season Mavs, use the loss as motivation for next season.

Now get your butts over to Longview next Friday to support the Waskom Wildcats. Everyone I spoke to at the Wildcat game goes to the Mav games and pulls for the Mavs. It's time for the Marshall fans to return the favor. I promise you will not be disappointed. You will get to see the best player in Texas high school football play (Chan Aime) and see a re-match of the top 2 teams in the district play to move on to the final 4.

Where did I mention anyone running up the score on Kilgore? Lone Star had the game won...by alot...in the 4th quarter...and the starters were still in the game throwing the ball down field.

I did forget to congratulate Lone Star on a totally dominating game. Your qb is a beast.

• Like 2

That's insane.

It'd be one thing if Lone Star had scored with their 2nd string or something, but no. They had their full starters in, full on hurry up offense, trying to score more points (and they did). Their back ups didn't go in until the 1 minute mark.

I meant I'd be afraid to see what Lancaster would have done to Marshall. But since they are done with their season, there should be no complaints. Outplayed, out coached, out classed, referees, no complaints or excuses. Too much talk before game and too many complaints after.

We had a great season from what we were several years ago. At least we still have a program. There was no out classed. I am sorry I do not think you know what you are talking about. I believe if you will go back and look at all the post, the Mav fans never claimed they were going to beat anyone. All we have done this year is be thankful for ever win after the past several years. I really do not think any Mav Fan said on this site one thing about referees in this game. We were out played and will venture to say there is no one in our district or 16 5A that could stay on the field with these guys. They were by far better than any of the teams in 15 5A and 16 5A. They had size, speed, and experience on both sides of the ball.