The Smoakhouse Forums

5A D-II Region Semifinals: Marshall(11-1) Vs. Frisco Lone Star (11-1)

Marshall Vs. Frisco Lone Star  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Lone Star in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Lone Star in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Yes Marshalls radio guys are homer to a fault. I cant even listen to them. Officiating hasnt been that bad really. Hart was a pure passer and team leader. We were a completely different team with him. Defenses couldnt key on the run or he would make them pay. Well it was a fun ride guys! Nothing to hang your heads about. Just got beat by a better team today. Marshall has gotten better every year under Harper and we can build on this season. Now to cheer on the hoop squad. They ought to do well defending their undefeated district championship from last year.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where did I mention anyone running up the score on Kilgore? Lone Star had the game won...by alot...in the 4th quarter...and the starters were still in the game throwing the ball down field.   I did

Mavchamp​ don't hate on me this time. lol.. Didn't get to the SOC game but my dad did. He was extremely impressed with the Mavs performance. He's going Saturday too. If you see an old man with 1988 Ma

I've mostly lurked this site for a few years and the most respectful posters in this forum are Marshall fans.

Posted Images

Although some won't want to hear this but Marshall had the luck of the draw this year. They are a good team, not a great team. They played an easy non district schedule, beat Longview on a night all the stars were lined up, got killed by Texas High and they had the fortune of playing two relatively easy playoff teams. Unfortunately in the playoffs the teams keep getting better and sooner or later all is exposed. Nothing against the Mavs, it is what it is. Think this was brought up weeks ago.

• Like 1

These DFW/Houston metro teams have taken over Texas high school football. Watched Katy play again last night and they could beat some bad college teams. Feel bad for the teams moving up to 6A. They can kiss any chance of going far in the playoffs against these monsters.

Dfw more so than Houston...other than Katy no one from that area has done much. Dfw/east Texas pretty much swept the state titles last year, and won most of them the year before that

I tried to tell you guys...Lone Star is legit and would give the Mavs fits, but I didn't think it would be a beat down like this.

Read somewhere this team will really rub your face in it.

Was that another homer post that they will rub your face in it? I know for a fact Lone Star doesn't try to run up the score, but they will stick to their bread and butter. If it scores a TD, so be it.

Then how about giving the backup some snaps in the 4th when you're up by 5 tds?

LS doesn't have a whole lot of depth anywhere....I believe Refugio coach uses the same philosophy....play the starters to keep them fresh and in shape all the way through the playoffs.

Disagree. If they had backups in and were running draws and running the clock and we couldnt stop them and they scored thats one thing. But the biggest part was going uptempo hurry up after hitting the long pass. Say what u want thats classless

All I'm getting is online play-by-play updates. I didn't realize they were going up-tempo. However, LS is already on their 2nd string RB as their starter is suspended. Not to mention they played Forney last week without a starting wideout and their starting RB due to suspensions as well. They do NOT run 2 deep at every position. The RB (#1) is a freshmen.

Disagree. If they had backups in and were running draws and running the clock and we couldnt stop them and they scored thats one thing. But the biggest part was going uptempo hurry up after hitting the long pass. Say what u want thats classless

Right cause it Friscos problem. They are getting ready for the next game and the next after that... They should stop scoring some of those seniors are about to end there high school careers. You're in the third round!

• Like 1