Texas Tech @ Texas

JustAFan11

I don't buy it and I'm not going to make excuses for him. It might be different if it hasn't been happening almost every game. Where's the gap control? How does Tech walk in virtually untouched on the trick "peanut" play? Why is the backside CB and DE running across the field chasing the fake? This is stuff that is coached up in high school. There's no doubt in my mind that Coach Traylor is going nuts in his head watching some of the horrible technique by our defense... even his boy Chris Boyd.

That trick play by Jakeem was called Wrap-Around in high school and, we hardly were under center.

Too slow for big 12 linebacking! He got RS this year because he broke his leg in spring practice. He'll likely play DE next season.

I wondered when he first got there if he wouldn't make a better DE than LB size wise.

This game was a good one because both teams usually come to play regardless of record. Tech wants to beat Texas every year and Texas wants to swat Tech and keep them as little brother forever.

As far as the game, a lot of Texas fans (mainly T-Shirt types) are mouthing off saying "congrats Tech, you guys beat a terrible team." Texas is not terrible. They run an offense that is not geared to get into shootouts with anyone with. Strong is a good coach, the culture change is painful and that is part of it. Texas has talent and they are not as bad as their record shows. On the flip side, Tech is an awful rush defense and they made Texas look awful in the first half and still got a lot of pressure on Swoopes and in first half totally whipped Texas at the line, but they get better a little bit every week, and Tech had one thing that was going to serve them well, a top 5 offense a lot of fire power and a coach who is not afraid to throw trick plays at whomever they play. Tech does that a lot and if it works, it works. Tech is getting better with KK and I know that all that defense needs to do is grow up, but this was not an average Tech team, it is still a below average Tech team overall. An average Tech team would have won this game handily.

Gibbs stays and makes progress, Tech continues to churn out poweful offenses, they will be back to where they were at circa 2007-2009, if not better.

Strong stays and Texas becomes a formidable team again.

Vance Bedford and his arrogant ###### needs to go. His defense has too many holes.

I think I'm starting to agree with this sentiment. I love his PC's but you have to wonder how Mahomes, who seems to run as flat footed as Swoopes did last year, can make the corner on half his scrambles. And where is Deshon Elliott?

I think I'm starting to agree with this sentiment. I love his PC's but you have to wonder how Mahomes, who seems to run as flat footed as Swoopes did last year, can make the corner on half his scrambles. And where is Deshon Elliott?

I do wonder why we didn't see Elliott or Locke last night. Especially after Haines went down to injury, they played Thomas at safety.

Mahomes is very fast.

Mahomes is very fast.

Put down the crack pipe.

Mahomes came in running a 4.62 and, is likely now at 4.55-4.59 which is pretty quick and add to it with the routes, hurts defenses.

Put down the crack pipe.

Mahomes came in running a 4.62 and, is likely now at 4.55-4.59 which is pretty quick and add to it with the routes, hurts defenses.