Clarksville High School down to 2AD2 beginning next year

OLEMAN

4to3 I'm from north Morris county at PP. As bad as I hate to say it I hate to see Dfield numbers dwindle. It's a school drenched in history. Like I said about my school district. It's a thorn under my saddle to see people live in a town and send their kids to another school. I don't know what the problems are, but like I said to me small towns are just big families. You got some problems you stick it out and work through it. Run for school board. Go to board meetings. Make some noise like your grandmama would if it was blood, but don't cut out on your family(school). Nice on those scores. My sister taught there many years in elementary and a few in high school (mrs. burgess). Always gave her heck since we're brahmas but she always told me they were great kids. She taught those studs on the 3 time champ teams. Boyd and Edmonds. She said they'd always came by to see her once a week. When they won she acted like her kids had won. She was very proud of them.

Clarksville does not have a racial problem. Most people are leaving due to lack of work but many are leaving to other schools in the county. The only high school in the county who's enrollment increased in the most recent reporting was Detroit. Part of the reason for that is not exactly legal according to the UIL but that is another story for another thread. The kids are not wanting to leave it is a perception that currently is wrong but it is what it is people.

I have to kindly disagree. In Clarksvills case, those former students that go to Detroit, Blossom, and Rivercrest still live in the same area. So the job argument goes out the window. Just like Daingerfield. That mass exodus to HS isn't about jobs. USS is the main employer. Jmo

I have to kindly disagree. In Clarksvills case, those former students that go to Detroit, Blossom, and Rivercrest still live in the same area. So the job argument goes out the window. Just like Daingerfield. That mass exodus to HS mthimhaw got tisn't about jobs. USS is the main employer. Jmo

Plus 1000 The slum loads have taken controll A

Place to live for much of nothing thus the white families have abonded Cville. Them droping below the state atandad acelleeatd the process a few years ago. Note , the black majority no ou holds true in CISD. The has got to be a fix. Unless max politics and govt interference these schools should be ome one. I think the black white ratio will be attained. The small schools will sone starve to death