East Texas Basketball overview. All classifications

OLEMAN

Here are the teams scheduled for the Paris Tournament, Dec. 28-30: Paris (#4 in 4A), North Lamar, Clarksville (#6 in 2A), Dallas Gateway (#16 in 2A), Ferris, Mabank, Hope, Willis, Waxahachie Life, Teague, New Boston, Henderson, Hot Springs, Waskom, Daingerfield, Lufkin Hudson (all but Daingerfield and Hot Springs also played in the tournament last year).

Terrible shooting night for Paris. That gym has been a nightmare for Paris in recent years. It doesn't make sense, but that's how it is.

I was really impressed with Mount Pleasant, especially their depth. Hard to believe they could beat Pleasant Grove 78-36, but now I can see it.

Paris has no bench. If any of the starters gets into foul trouble (and a couple did tonight), it's bad news. Cats survived this time, but their lack of depth will catch up with them down the road.

MP did a good job limiting Paris to one shot too, at least in the first half. Got up by eight around midway through the third, then Paris clamped down some and MP got sloppy with the ball, game kind of unraveled for them there. Paris was the better team, but MP wasn't outclassed at least.

Yes, Paris was off tonight. I thought this game would be a blowout like last season. But like flukeshot said, MP did a good job of limiting them to one shot. I'm impressed with MP, especially after last season of getting blown out in the 2nd half of most games that were close at halftime (both Marshall games). And what's up with Paris' jerseys? Ehhh. They look terrible in the NBA, so why bring them to the high school ranks?

Paris settled for a lot of jump shots and didn't seem concerned about working the ball inside. Joey Chisum, unless just simply offered a better job at some point, could be the MP coach for a looong time if he wants to be.

The Moore kid is a Jr. and one of their better players, #23 is a Freshman. So MP will probably be good for a couple of years.

With that said, Paris needed this. They needed the push because they are much better than what they played last night. It almost felt like a loss for the Wildcats.

*pssst, btw...Paris and Clarksville may or may not be in the same pool for the Paris Holiday Tournament :)

Paris settled for a lot of jump shots and didn't seem concerned about working the ball inside. Joey Chisum, unless just simply offered a better job at some point, could be the MP coach for a looong time if he wants to be.

The Moore kid is a Jr. and one of their better players, #23 is a Freshman. So MP will probably be good for a couple of years.

With that said, Paris needed this. They needed the push because they are much better than what they played last night. It almost felt like a loss for the Wildcats.

*pssst, btw...Paris and Clarksville may or may not be in the same pool for the Paris Holiday Tournament :)

Is Chism the head coach now? I remember he was in Marshall for a good while...

Paris Tournament pool play matchups and brackets have now been posted. You can find them on the Paris High website: phs.parisisd.net.

Mark your calendar: Paris vs. Clarksville on Monday, Dec. 28, 8:30 p.m. There should be 3 really good matchups to wrap up the first day of play: North Lamar vs. Waxahachie Life, Teague vs. Dallas Gateway, and Paris vs. Clarksville in the main gym. I'm betting on SRO for the Paris-Clarksville matchup. Same 2 teams could also meet again in the tournament final on Dec. 30.

I'm glad they put Paris and Clarksville in the same bracket. At least now we know for sure they will get to play each other. I just hope for a good close game. Hope Paris doesn't blow them out. Will be cheering for the Tigers !!!

The thought last year was that the two teams would meet somewhere in the championship bracket, but Clarksville wasn't playing very well back then. I love the thought of ending Day 1 with a packed house feature matchup. Should be great. Better get there early for a seat.

Anyone thinking MP's showing vs. Paris Tuesday was a fluke should note that the Tigers knocked off Class 3A #1 Van Alstyne, 65-37, yesterday in the Brownsboro tournament. I know that VA is missing their top player due to an injury, but they're sill pretty stout.

Paris, meanwhile, was back in form Thursday with an 85-43 blowout of an athletic Idabel team in the New Boston tournament. They recorded 12 dunks and 9 treys in the game.