Lovelady vs. Shelbyville, Friday @Nacogdoches HS, 7:00 pm

topher805

Quarter Finals  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances?

• 13-0 Lovelady Lions
    • 12-0 Shelbyville Dragons

You should have known by the Centerville game LL was not a Paper dragon. You and the 2A expert who did not know who the Burrell kid was should hang out for the holidays discuss the meaning of life

oddly i still dont think centerville was that good.

oddly i still dont think centerville was that good.

Granted they aren't quite what they have been in years past but still good. How often do they get beat by any team in their classification, better yet their district by more than 5 touchdowns 64-28.

Granted they aren't quite what they have been in years past but still good. How often do they get beat by any team in their classification, better yet their district by more than 5 touchdowns 64-28.

6-8 all i need to see.

Shelbyville beat them with second string players in a lot of positions and a 3rd string runningback.

6-8 all i need to see.

Shelbyville beat them with second string players in a lot of positions and a 3rd string runningback.

you've never heard me say anything negative about Shelbyville, and I still hold to that. If Shelbyville is anywhere close to 100% they will be a handful. I would ask you, do you think Shelbyville would have beat Centerville as bad as LL if they where healthy? Either way we are splitting hairs. Reddog out.

you've never heard me say anything negative about Shelbyville, and I still hold to that. If Shelbyville is anywhere close to 100% they will be a handful. I would ask you, do you think Shelbyville would have beat Centerville as bad as LL if they where healthy? Either way we are splitting hairs. Reddog out.

i dont think in any way are you downing Shelbyville

But to answer your question, yes. yes i do. That team yall just had to play to the last second of the game to win...? Sville pulled away on them in the 2nd quarter. it took beckville missing a field goal and a conversion for you to beat them not to mention running your back 39 TIMES!!! oh and you had to throw 27 times to get 140 yards....

All that being said I do think LL is a very good team. wish we could see what would happen if both teams were 100% but its playoffs. this is what its all about. itll come down to coaching and whichever kids wants it the most. that's 2 check marks for the Fighting Ferusons.

I went to the Centerville game. I can tell you, Centerville has gotten better since we played them. And I can also tell you if the had a back that could take it to the house, this would not have been a game in the 4th quarter. Shelbyville was impressive. Especially the way they got after it late in the game. And one more thing, we have established SHELBYVILLE HAS INJURIES, SHELBYVILLE HAS INJURIES, SHELBYVILLE HAS INJURIES!!!!!!!!! Wow, enough already. So does Lovelady. Let's move on to the teams that each of us will put on the field come Friday. SHELBYVILLE obviously has players that are stepping up. Hopefully Lovelady will too.

I went to the Centerville game. I can tell you, Centerville has gotten better since we played them. And I can also tell you if the had a back that could take it to the house, this would not have been a game in the 4th quarter. Shelbyville was impressive. Especially the way they got after it late in the game. And one more thing, we have established SHELBYVILLE HAS INJURIES, SHELBYVILLE HAS INJURIES, SHELBYVILLE HAS INJURIES!!!!!!!!! Wow, enough already. So does Lovelady. Let's move on to the teams that each of us will put on the field come Friday. SHELBYVILLE obviously has players that are stepping up. Hopefully Lovelady will too.

shelbyville has injuries.

How many kids won't be playing for Lovelady due to injuries?

How many kids won't be playing for Lovelady due to injuries?

Hopefully only 1 or 2 but many are playing at less than 100% as are every team this late in the season. I'm not one to talk about who is hurt or not. Not going to put that out on a public forum unless it is common knowledge and obvious.

• Like 1

I have been going back and forth on this game all weekend having played both teams...I believe that if Burrell is able to play 4 quarters, Shelbyville will win this one handily. If he is not involved in the game, I can see Lovelady jumping on the Dragons through the air early, and the Dragons aren't built to play catch up.

I felt like #1 for Lovelady had some big runs and a good day, but all in all we were able to contain him fairly well (I am guessing he had around 150 rushing, but it seemed like it took him 40 carries to get it). I don't think he will do quite as well against the Dragons this week. Their defense is legit with or without Burrell, in my opinion. #25 will wreak havoc in the backfield all game long, and they are extremely physical. Lovelady's passing game is actually a good thing here, because that is the way to attack Shelbyville.

For anyone who has not seen Burrell, to call him a game changer is an understatement. I don't know who all the Lions have played, and I gotta say I don't follow football extensively outside of our district and area, but I will almost guarantee you that if Burrell plays it will be a level of physical that the Lions have not seen all year. He is fun to watch...the harder you hit him, the harder he goes.

I actually enjoyed the Beckville - Lovelady game, and am not taking anything away from their team...bad calls or not, they won the game. I have been pulling for District 10 the whole time, but I feel like I want to see Lovelady pull this one out. If #32 is on the field for the Dragons...send all 11 his way every play, and make someone else beat you. The kid is that good, and even though he is playing against you, you can't help but enjoy the show.

Go Blue !!

• Like 1

But to answer your question, yes. yes i do. That team yall just had to play to the last second of the game to win...? Sville pulled away on them in the 2nd quarter. it took beckville missing a field goal and a conversion for you to beat them not to mention running your back 39 TIMES!!! oh and you had to throw 27 times to get 140 yards....

I can see Lovelady jumping on the Dragons through the air early, and the Dragons aren't built to play catch up.

Dragons were down 14 entering the 4th quarter.

Centerville didn't have the speed or passing game that Lovelady has though. This will be a good ballgame I think between two strong teams. Would love to watch this one.

CheezyGref

What u smoking? Don't remember any field goals in LL/Beckville game. Maybe if they had kicked a FG they woulda won. Only people I know that can't tell the difference between an extra point/FG are Female.

You obviously never put on a pair of pads, except maybe maxi pads.

LL played really bad and still BEAT an outstanding, well coached team from Beckville. IMO, when a team can play bad and WIN, they're pretty good.

Stats are for those MORAL victory guys. Scoreboard all that matters when smoke clears.

BTW...hard to catch passes when db's keep hitting receivers before ball gets to them. Great strategy when you get away with it. Oh yeah, they finally called it.

• Like 1