Lovelady vs. Shelbyville, Friday @Nacogdoches HS, 7:00 pm

topher805

Quarter Finals  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who Advances?

• 13-0 Lovelady Lions
    • 12-0 Shelbyville Dragons

Looks like the "pre-crowned state champs" Shelbyville got beat

It's nice to know the refs finally started to throw flags on Shelbyville, only took 4 rounds.

Congrats to LL on the win, and best of luck the rest of the way.

Till next year....

Still butt hurt about the "Little Sandies"?

Looks like the "pre-crowned state champs" Shelbyville got beat

It's nice to know the refs finally started to throw flags on Shelbyville, only took 4 rounds. 😂😂😂

Congrats to LL on the win, and best of luck the rest of the way.

Till next year....

Nice! Who was it that ended your season?

Thanks Nac forthe updates

No problem!!!

I enjoyed the game!! Both teams are very good defensively!!! I hated to see the stiff arm called a face mask, that was tough call. Shelbyville still had 4 plays from the 9 after that and Couldn't get in. Great game Both teams both communities should be proud to have been in that game!!!

• Like 1

I was waaaayy wrong about 40 points. Wow what a defensive game. I'm hearing maybe Brenham.

congrats. I said LL some way some how. LL can stuff the run. Yeah the face mask call was pretty much BS. Makes two weeks in a row. Always hate kids pouring there heart and soul into something and some cat in stripes taking the game into his hands, but in close games it often comes down to execution "by the referees", as of late it seems. Again you hate a team has to lose. What a knuckle buster of a game anyway!!! Bottom line is LL played a gem of a defensive game.

I think Lovelady was a little underrated by everyone myself included. I've seen them several times over the years and they are always solid , disciplined and well coached. People forget Therwanger has been their a long time and has a solid program in place. I would say they are the 2a version of Corrigan , good every year , always in playoffs , and you will have to get after it and not make mistakes to beat them.

I think Lovelady was a little underrated by everyone myself included. I've seen them several times over the years and they are always solid , disciplined and well coached. People forget Therwanger has been their a long time and has a solid program in place. I would say they are the 2a version of Corrigan , good every year , always in playoffs , and you will have to get after it and not make mistakes to beat them.

I agree with your assessment. Nothing but a disciplined, well-coached team could have beaten the 3, 2 and 1 seeds from district 10.

Lovelady is a really well coached team and had an excellent defensive game plan. Good luck to them the rest of the season. These refs should never have been allowed to call a game in the fourth round of the playoffs. They are very inconsistent. Now on to the Shelbyville fans that left early and the ones that didn't applaud these guys at the end of this game. You should be ashamed and never come back to a Shelbyville sporting event. This is by far the best team we've ever had. These guys poured everything they had into this season and you left them early. If you would have been in that locker room after the game like a lot of us that care you would have seen what it meant to them. Shame on you.

• Like 1

Congrats to Lovelady it was a great game. Shelbyville did get a BS call in the in zone and a ref didn't make a holding call on LL that would have changed the whole game. The holding on LL happened right in front of the ref and there was NO way he didn't see that! Shelbyville is VERY proud of our team and history was made. Proud to be a DRAGON

Best of luck to Lovelady

When you grab someone's face mask whether you're on offense or defense it's a PENALTY!!! PERIOD!!! It was a great High School Football game. You are still in shock that you didn't run over Lovelady like you thought you would! Nobody got cheated. There were calls that went both ways. Some were iffy some were well deserved. The facemask call was legit!!! Somebody won and somebody lost! It's Texas High School Football Playoffs!!! All but one team is going to walk off the field after a defeat. This was your night Shelbyville! You had a great year. Celebrate it. Don't make excuses. Your kids deserve better than that!

• Like 1