My Playoff Prediction

TxFight

I'm saying that media have been saying it could be possible for Stanford to have jumped into the playoff over Oklahoma or MSU if they committee liked them enough.

I'm saying that of the top 4( Clemsom, OU, Alabama, Michigan State) that Alabama has the least impressive resume so why wouldn't it be the them.

I think the correct teams are in. I really don't get your bias against Alabama. No one who isn't in has a better "resume" as you put it. Out of the four, I think OU is playing the best football right now. A month off can change a lot. Right now, I'm picking OU and BAMA in the final.

They could have pulled the team out of a hat for drawings and I would have been fine with it. Best 4 teams are in. That is the only relevant thing. The number to the left is now irrelevant. The 4 seed is favored over the 1 seed - that fully proves the numbers don't really matter.

Who cares if Michigan State is 2 or 3 at this point?! It doesn't matter at ALL...Including principal!

Michigan State opponent if #2 - Alabama

Michigan State opponent at #3 - Alabama

Doesn't matter.

Their seed doesn't change the location at all, either. The #1 seed gets to choose the game they want to play the #4 seed in. Clemson would have been stupid to choose to play OU in Arlington. Choosing Florida takes away the home field OU would have enjoyed. That leaves the 2 and 3 seeds with the second choice. Both sites are pretty neutral.

Houston is already paired with Florida State in the Peach Bowl.

Texas Tech is already set up for the Texas Bowl. Now we wait and see if A&M will accept this matchup, or if they refuse it like they did last year.

I was under the impression it was Tech/LSU in the Texas Bowl

Did the SEC or A&M make that decision?

There was a report this last week that said A&M would refuse the matchup. If you remember, this was also the case last year when the possible matchup was Texas. They ended up saying then too that it was the SEC's doing. Either way, I think it's pathetic that 2 years in a row, a matchup against the Big 12 has been purposely avoided....regardless who's responsible.

• Like 1

I highly doubt music city bowl wanted Lsu two years in a row. Oh no not facts , A&M is scared. Man you guys come up with the dumbest stuff sometimes.

Because the same team has never played in the same bowl in consecutive years, right?

For the last few years, we've heard Aggies say they're not running from anything. And the fact is, Lion, A&M has now had 2 opportunities they could have played a Big 12 team, also from Texas, in a bowl game. Both times there were reports that A&M would refuse the match up...by the way, YOU don't have to have heard it for it to be true. Both times, A&M has NOT been paired up with a former Texas rival. Coincidence?

And on the A&M thing...as an Aggie fan i'll be real and completely honest with you. It's sad. It really shouldn't come down to this. Yes it's ultimately the SEC making the call...but don't kid yourself for one second if you don't think A&M had some pull on this decision. Are they scared of Texas or Tech? I wouldn't go that far. But are they scared of the possible ramifications of a loss to either of those teams after all the momentum they built upon leaving the Big 12? Absolutely. Especially this season..Due to the fact that Tech can score points and lots of them. Sumlin and Spavital have A&M going backwards already and a loss would be a huge and likely the thing that sends it over the edge for them. Again, it shouldn't even come down to this but it has. All the money in the world, 5 star quarterbacks...you name it. But when you underperform year after year you get yourself in these types of situations.

• Like 4

And on the A&M thing...as an Aggie fan i'll be real and completely honest with you. It's sad. It really shouldn't come down to this. Yes it's ultimately the SEC making the call...but don't kid yourself for one second if you don't think A&M had some pull on this decision. Are they scared of Texas or Tech? I wouldn't go that far. But are they scared of the possible ramifications of a loss to either of those teams after all the momentum they built upon leaving the Big 12? Absolutely. Especially this season..Due to the fact that Tech can score points and lots of them. Sumlin and Spavital have A&M going backwards already and a loss would be a huge and likely the thing that sends it over the edge for them. Again, it shouldn't even come down to this but it has. All the money in the world, 5 star quarterbacks...you name it. But when you underperform year after year you get yourself in these types of situations.

Great post! And I agree with every part of it. And for the record, I never said the Aggies were scared (that's not directed at you), but I do agree with you cats69 that they could be concerned with the ramifications of losing to a Big 12 team from Texas. Recruiting in particular.

Nothing to win, everything to lose.

I mean, A&M played OU, who won the Big XII, with no problem. A loss to OU would've been crushing for A&M and the SEC. People would've said, "Oh... A&M did well in the SEC, their QB won the Heisman, etc.... But this just shows the Big XII is better and that A&M hasn't made any forward progress". But A&M and the SEC accepted that game...

I heard a report that Texas was scared to play A&M in a bowl, so they just didn't qualify for one.

I mean, A&M played OU, who won the Big XII, with no problem. A loss to OU would've been crushing for A&M and the SEC. People would've said, "Oh... A&M did well in the SEC, their QB won the Heisman, etc.... But this just shows the Big XII is better and that A&M hasn't made any forward progress". But A&M and the SEC accepted that game...

I heard a report that Texas was scared to play A&M in a bowl, so they just didn't qualify for one.

A&M had a Heisman QB and was arguably the hottest team in the country. Everyone I know fully expected A&M to win that game. OU wins, and A&M lost to the Big 12 champion, no big deal and certainly not "crushing" for A&M or the SEC. A&M wins, they beat the Big 12 champion. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Completely different scenario than a struggling A&M losing to a struggling Texas/Tech.

A&M had a Heisman QB and was arguably the hottest team in the country. Everyone I know fully expected A&M to win that game. OU wins, and A&M lost to the Big 12 champion, no big deal and certainly not "crushing" for A&M or the SEC. A&M wins, they beat the Big 12 champion. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Completely different scenario than a struggling A&M losing to a struggling Texas/Tech.

I dunno about that. I think A&M were 3 point favorites against OU, and many of us thought that if there were ONE team that could beat us, it'd be OU. The win wasn't guaranteed, and regardless, people would've said, "Welp, A&M still can't compete with the upper echelon of Big XII teams". It wasn't exactly nothing to lose.

But you're right- playing a middle of the road Big XII team is different from playing the champion.

I don't know that losing to another Big 12 team outside the state of Texas would have the same affect as losing to a fellow in state team from the Big 12. That doesn't mean I'm right, just my opinion.