5A Division I State Quarterfinal: Longview (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-2) vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (13-0)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a close one
    • Mansfield Lake Ridge in a blow out

I don't think you're giving that Lv defense enough credit. Aledo has a very good defense from what I could see and like i've said before, they were well coached, but they weren't that much better than Longview. Randall was able to do some things against them and their offense wasn't even close to the same level as LR. Not sure who wins this one, I have a feeling Aledo will pull it though. I just don't think you're giving the Lv defense and LR offense enough credit. Lv had a very good defense too and couldn't really stop LR at all. Unless they have several turnovers, They're going to score more points than that 24 or 28 that you predicted earlier. I just think that Duffey kid is too good.

Actually, LR had a higher TD conversion to possession percentage against the LV defense than they had against the JT defense. Had the LV offense not played a great game, LR has another easy win.

Cause apparently your defense couldn't stop a bad 3a team. Defense matters . Sulfur Springs 2008 had a " Nascar offense " they couldn't stop a 8th grade team if they tried. They are the only ones that I know of who State despite their atrocious defense. Whitehouse ( Patrick mchomlms texas tech) (Didn't win) was another team team cones to mind who played like that as well. 99% of time a good defense beats a good offense. Facts

Based on what? Serious question

U really didnt explain how you will stop us from scoring 50, i get it our defense has issues, u need more material

Actually, LR had a higher TD conversion to possession percentage against the LV defense than they had against the JT defense. Had the LV offense not played a great game, LR has another easy win.

They just dont get it, we know we struggle om def. If you ask them why we wont score 50 they will juay tell you know does.

We score on 80% of our possessions

Good point. I still think Lv had a better defense than Lion was giving credit to. Definitely didn't play well against LR, but up to that point, the Lv defense was pretty good for the season. I just think the LR offense was much better in that game and made the plays when they had to on 3rd and 4th down, mostly because of Duffey. I just don't understand how he thinks Aledo will hold them to 24, a defense that I don't believe is that much better than the Lv defense that gave up 56 the week before.

Longview has a good defense yes great nope. LR has a great offense yes , defense not so much. Aledo seems more ready to face a high octane offense. I pick a grate defense anytime over a great offense.

so now Aledo has a great defense...earlier you said they had a good defense...remember "good defense beats a good offense" is wat you said. Longview D was pretty stout at times during the year and played well against LR considering wat they were up against. I ain't seen Aledo this year so i don't know wat their D is like but right now at this moment...nobody can without a shadow of a doubt say that LR isn't gonna score somewhere closer to 50 on Aledo. And I know Luna likes to toot his horn on this subject but in this case i agree with him. Thats LR's game plan...play fast. It might be 70-63 game this time. Aledo is gonna have to get stops and turnovers to win this game.

My two cents on how you stop LR from scoring 50.

They went for it on 4th down 5 times against us. We stopped the 1 time, if we had made a play on 2 of those we win the game by 14. If they drop a pass, the QB stumbles, slips, loses his footing, or anything like this on any one of those 4 converted 4th down plays, its game changer. I know that is a lot of ifs that didnt happen, but, what if they did or if LR would have punted. No way they score 50 if they didn't convert 4th downs. Don't go all crazy on me because if they had gotten 2 of the onside kicks maybe they score 70. They made the plays and we didn't. If we had, way different outcome. Maybe Aledo makes them. We will see. So it can go either way, if the game flows the same way ours did, and Aledo makes 3 or 4 of those plays, LR could lose by 21. If LR makes those plays and Aledo make a few mistakes LR could win by 21-28 points.

Remember I gave LR their props, they won the game. While I'm beating the LR drum, can anyone with any kind of football knowledge tell me how they were not a top 5 preseason team? 8-5 in 2014 could have easily been 11-2, return 18-19 starters, one of which is a bonafide D-1 QB, the other is a 2,000 yard rusher and didn't crack the top 10 for a while. Mind blowing how they make-up their rankings.

My pick LR, can't guess a score, too many variables.

• Like 1

My two cents on how you stop LR from scoring 50.

They went for it on 4th down 5 times against us. We stopped the 1 time, if we had made a play on 2 of those we win the game by 14. If they drop a pass, the QB stumbles, slips, loses his footing, or anything like this on any one of those 4 converted 4th down plays, its game changer. I know that is a lot of ifs that didnt happen, but, what if they did or if LR would have punted. No way they score 50 if they didn't convert 4th downs. Don't go all crazy on me because if they had gotten 2 of the onside kicks maybe they score 70. They made the plays and we didn't. If we had, way different outcome. Maybe Aledo makes them. We will see. So it can go either way, if the game flows the same way ours did, and Aledo makes 3 or 4 of those plays, LR could lose by 21. If LR makes those plays and Aledo make a few mistakes LR could win by 21-28 points.

Remember I gave LR their props, they won the game. While I'm beating the LR drum, can anyone with any kind of football knowledge tell me how they were not a top 5 preseason team? 8-5 in 2014 could have easily been 11-2, return 18-19 starters, one of which is a bonafide D-1 QB, the other is a 2,000 yard rusher and didn't crack the top 10 for a while. Mind blowing how they make-up their rankings.

My pick LR, can't guess a score, too many variables.

Actually a really good post, all I can say is that is how we have been all season tho. We just didn't get lucky on 4th down agaisnt lv, weve done it all season, against everyone. Just lv was on biggest stage.

In TXHSFB we are beginning to see a trend where these teams with unbelievable offenses' are able to win championships despite being "not so good" on defense. It's happening more and more every year. I think as the offensive systems in the state continue to evolve they are going to leave the defenses behind. I think this trend will continue as the years go. We are getting to the point where the best defense is an unstoppable offense. We are not there yet, but are getting closer every year. Now I'm not saying you are going to be able to have atrocious defense and win championships, but there has been a shift in the state. A defense will still need timely stops, but IMO the days of dominating defense winning championships is almost over. Now don't get me wrong, you can still win a ton of football games controlling the clock with a strong run game and a dominant defense. But it's just happening less and less.

Actually a really good post, all I can say is that is how we have been all season tho. We just didn't get lucky on 4th down agaisnt lv, weve done it all season, against everyone. Just lv was on biggest stage.

Thats a credit to your coach, he knows what it takes for his team to win and he's willing to take the risk. Great job coaching, that won't be nearly as easy WITHOUT Jett. LOL

Been suspended from LP site. I guess it was because I said something about an elephant.

Anyway good season Lobos. Going to watch the LR and Aledo game. May the best team win. Hope the weather is not a bother.

Is that what happened? Mine won't work either lol I can't even load the site

And how can you be banned? You created it.

• Like 1

Been suspended from LP site. I guess it was because I said something about an elephant.

Anyway good season Lobos. Going to watch the LR and Aledo game. May the best team win. Hope the weather is not a bother.

I thought it was messing up again. I didn't know we were suspended. Wowww

I think it is just down. Not much to dicuss anyway.

We may have created it back in 2002 but haven't ran the thing since early 2012. Just kidding, haven't said anything bad enough to be kicked out.

Hey, wonder where Wide is these days?

Already signed up to watch LR and Aledo.