R.I.P. Scott Weiland

cheaptrick77

I hated hearing this news, because I had just typed on his facebook page right before hearing it. Amazingly enough the most likes I ever had was for a comment I had made on his wall a few weeks ago. They found cocaine in his room, and arrested his guitarist Tommy Black.

Michael Ault It never bothered me that you were an "outlaw", the only problem I had was your drug use that took control in several instances of your life. You are the voice of STP, and there can be no other.

I hated hearing this news, because I had just typed on his facebook page right before hearing it. Amazingly enough the most likes I ever had was for a comment I had made on his wall a few weeks ago. They found cocaine in his room, and arrested his guitarist Tommy Black.

Michael Ault It never bothered me that you were an "outlaw", the only problem I had was your drug use that took control in several instances of your life. You are the voice of STP, and there can be no other.

Just two weeks ago was when this discussion was going on. Now I'm celebrating his life, while mourning his passing.

Purple was the first CD I bought with my own money.

I remember buying Tiny Music at the Longview Mall the week it came out. Back then MTV played music videos and had music news and would tell you when STP, Pearl Jam, etc had new albums coming out.

It's interesting that I've seen at least 3 people praise the Tiny Music album recently. I thought I was the only one that liked it. Scott even said it was their best in his last video interview.

The letter his wife wrote to Rolling Stone gave a whole new perspective to his death.

I hadn't seen that. Make note she was an "ex."

The Comments are interesting.

Some say she got a 15 million divorce settlement and that he paid $750,000 a month in child support.

Not sure what is true.

I never looked to SW as a role model, I just liked the music. Still not really familiar with their last 3 albums.

The letter his wife wrote to Rolling Stone gave a whole new perspective to his death.

It sounded like she was both bitter and angry. The letter basically says his death wouldn't bring anymore financial support, and then she goes into his drug use and abandoning the kids. After his final album with them the self titled album and "Happy in Galoshes" I sort of thought he needed to use drugs to get his creativity stirring, but he took it on the road too. He had some bad nights on the road, but that happens to any singer over 40. At this tenure in his career, he had to tour a lot to bring in money. He was playing mostly small venues that wouldn't seat over 3000.