(14-0) Gilmer Buckeyes vs (14-0) Celina Bobcats

GTownballer

Gilmer vs Celina  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

As always, Gilmer will have a target on their back as big as the Metroplex. We are everybody's Super Bowl, everybody's "Revenge Game", and everybody's King of the Hill to knock off. That's the price Champions must pay. No, this is not the 2014 Buckeyes! But the 2015 Buckeyes are 14-0... Have won 30 games in a row, and I STILL do not think they have come close to playing their best game.

Tonight against ATL? The Black Flag was flying high! DEFENSE wins Championships, and I think Gilmer has the best Defense in 4A Football as long as #5 is breathing and on the field. But I think WOS- Cuero (Who I think is the sleeper of the teams left and will win tomorrow) will be a WAR, just as I think Gilmer Celina will be a WAR! The fact is, there are 8 more quarters left for the Champs this season, and they will play the best during those 96 minutes. Who can get hot... Create big plays...Win the turnover battle...Win the Special Teams phase... Limit Mistakes... Get Lucky here and there and find a way to win.

Gilmer has done just that... And all without playing their best football yet. Can they play their BEST 6 out of 8 of those quarters? Well, it may take 7 out of 8 or more... But those other 1 or 2 when they are NOT... They cannot beat themselves. For 14 games deep, Gilmer is the most schizoid undefeated team I have ever seen. They have more personalities than Herschel Walker. I cannot honestly tell you what to expect from week to week. But here they are... State Semis... where anything can happen now! Let's just hope the Buckeyes find themselves for at least 3 of the 4 quarters next week... Play their BEST for 3 and then not find a way to beat themselves in that other quarter. If they do, they have a chance to defend their crown. If not, Celina will not be PG or ATL and let Gilmer get away with skitzoid... Gilmer matches up well with Celina. They have better individual athletes and more of them, and Celina has not faced anyone all year like Gilmer, nor teams the caliber Gilmer has faced and beaten in LE, Carthage, Bullard, Center or ATL. But Celina is capable of beating Gilmer (as are any WOS, Cuero or Stinton) especially if Gilmer doesn't cut out the skitzoid "Sybil" routine they seem to habitually land in. They are due for a "Great Performance"... And that's what it will take from here on in... And that is as it should be in the Final 4. There are no gimmes for anyobody in 4aD2 the rest of the way. But a new Champ is gonna have to beat the Old Champ, our #5 and come and take a Black Flag to do it. And that is gonna be a tough task!

Only 2 things matter now... 1) We keep winning... 2) the NEXT play!

But Oh, what we would not give for an 18 wheeler full of Abilify to be delivered on Bradford Street this week so we could just see 4 quarters of strong, solid, "Best you can be" Buckeye Football! It's just remarkable we are still here. But I'll take it and look forward to another week!

Celina did beat argyle 46-36 and the game really was not that close but Gilmer is Gilmer so I would never bet against them.

I was about to say the same thing. People seem to forget Celina beat Argyle and never trailed in that game. Argyle is as athletic as any 4a team. I know the Celina players wanted this game to happen so here we are now.

Celina did beat argyle 46-36 and the game really was not that close but Gilmer is Gilmer so I would never bet against them.

True. And good point. But I do not think Argyle has the caliber of athletes Gilmer has... That has always been Celina's downfall against Gilmer. The Cats are disciplined, exceptionally well-coached and execute well. But Gilmer has always seemed to have kids who were just better physically, but also disciplined and well-coached... So the better athletes just won out, all else being equal. Gilmer has some D1 Studs as usual... But will the Bux play mistake free and not hand Celina that one extra turnover, penalty, blown coverage, etc that will cost them? The honest answer? Nobody knows!!! But I am confident in saying Celina will be at their best, which means if Gilmer is not playing A+ football on every play for 4 quarters, our athletes and depth may not be enough to save us. We give Celina a Pic 6, a Pic return inside the 10, another pic to turn a potential game breaking drive back into a close contest, untold unforced errors in penalties like we did tonight? Then you best believe Celina will make us pay, and pay dearly. To stay Champs, Gilmer is going to have to start playing like State Champs, and RIGHT NOW! Otherwise, we should be knocked off in the State Semi-Finals. GREAT teams are all that's left... So Gilmer must either BE great, or we will BE gone. Same is true for everyone else left standing. I'll just say that if you told me in August we'd be 14-0 and heading to the final 4? I would have not believed it... But now that we are here, I just hope Santa brings us $2 worth (that is 8 quarters) of our best football! Because that may just be enough for some more Christmas Jewelry!

Here is my take on Celina. Best overall team they have had since at least the 2007 championship team and I'm not sure this team overall isn't better. Argyle over the last 5 or 6 years has had the better teams and athletes, but this year Celina has the better ones. I say this because last year's Celina team wouldn't have beaten this year's Argyle team.

Offensively Celina has a massive oline that has played so good and manhandled everybody including Argyle. The qb is just legit very fast, great passers and makes plays. Celina has a ton of running backs lead by Alexander who is healthy. The receiving core as a whole is the best I've witnessed in Celina. Offensively Celina this year can be so balanced where the last 5 or 6 years not so much.

Defense has been the best surprise to me this year they just get after it and seem to be in the right places. Defense is very, very physical. I think the thing Celina does better on defense this year is keep everything in front of them.

OK yall go ahead now and tell me how East Texas owns Celina and Celina has no chance.

• Like 1

How is celinas defensive line?Do they get after the qb??If so it could be a long night for the Gilmer offense again.

Celina plays 5 defensive linemen that rotate and are very good and plug the oline up. Two of them are huge 6ft 280 and 6ft 325. As for getting in the backfield yes very much so. That was one of Argyle's problems against Celina's defense the qb was running for his life.

Here is my take on Celina. Best overall team they have had since at least the 2007 championship team and I'm not sure this team overall isn't better. Argyle over the last 5 or 6 years has had the better teams and athletes, but this year Celina has the better ones. I say this because last year's Celina team wouldn't have beaten this year's Argyle team.

Offensively Celina has a massive oline that has played so good and manhandled everybody including Argyle. The qb is just legit very fast, great passers and makes plays. Celina has a ton of running backs lead by Alexander who is healthy. The receiving core as a whole is the best I've witnessed in Celina. Offensively Celina this year can be so balanced where the last 5 or 6 years not so much.

Defense has been the best surprise to me this year they just get after it and seem to be in the right places. Defense is very, very physical. I think the thing Celina does better on defense this year is keep everything in front of them.

OK yall go ahead now and tell me how East Texas owns Celina and Celina has no chance.

Well since you asked, bEast Texas has owned Celina in recent history, and it all started with Carthage in 2008. I ain't betting against the Buckeyes.

How is celinas defensive line?Do they get after the qb??If so it could be a long night for the Gilmer offense again.

After watching some film on Gilmer, I think Gilmer will have a difficult time with Celina's dline.

Well since you asked, bEast Texas has owned Celina in recent history, and it all started with Carthage in 2008. I ain't betting against the Buckeyes.

Hey I don't blame you a bit.

Celina wins! Great post by the way.

Hey mods can we get a poll added?