(14-0) Gilmer Buckeyes vs (14-0) Celina Bobcats

GTownballer

Gilmer vs Celina  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I wrote out a big long post to combat Mrs.Golfingnut, but I think this is a tad bit overkill for what this all started from. New thread, new game, new posts.

I will say that I believe this has all been blown way out of proportion from the comment that initially started it all, which was hardly worthy of such feedback. I think I am catching the flack intended a lot of the people that have literally been bashing Spears (yes I said his name). I have not attacked him or bashed him. For the last time, all I said was... in fact here is the statement.

I mean really guys. Let's not blow this out of proportion, nor over-exaggerate how many times/days it's been posted.

Poncho out?

Pass protection will be key for the Buckeyes, I think everyone has made it Statewide knowledge, that our QB can make mistakes when rattled, but understand everyone has known that all year, and kudos to our offensive line has stepped up when it counts, and given him time to throw, believe me our coaches, know the score, and will know Celina backwards and forwards, when game time rolls around, again Gilmer has faced some big strong and fast Dlines, and certainly some D1 prospects, and we have prevailed, is Celinas front seven as good, as LE's, Bullards, Carthages's, Center's, Atlanta's, Mexia's, if so, I think we will have it covered, Gilmer will play fast, and start probing, Celina will probably have a few good series on D, then Gilmer starts finding the creases, and when that happens its Gilmers game to lose, we heard alot of the same stuff last year, and that game was just ugly, Celina's claim to fame so far on the year is beating Argyle early, then hitting a run, of teams they have overpowered in the past, so hopefully this Celina is a ton better than last years team, because, ownestly that game last year was, so one sided, it was boring! Gilmer has seen some good offensive lines aswell, and have ended up making them look silly, again this defense, is the best Gilmer has had, hands down, with the DBs really starting to get in sink, they have become impressive to say the least! Again hopefully its a good game, lord knows Celina is due, but they are going to have to beat us to prove it! Beleive me when I tell ya, this a Gilmer team, that will leave you scratching you head, saying "Damn how did they beat us". lol

Still scratching lol. But really the team (Gilmer) plays great as a hole. I can't take anything away from the team.

As for our D-line, I've had multiple Gilmer fans tell us that our D-line was the best they've seen this season, and there are no D1 prospects in our front 7.

Good luck to y'all. Looking forward to sitting with you guys next weekend to watch the state game!

Still scratching lol. But really the team (Gilmer) plays great as a hole. I can't take anything away from the team.

As for our D-line, I've had multiple Gilmer fans tell us that our D-line was the best they've seen this season, and there are no D1 prospects in our front 7.

Good luck to y'all. Looking forward to sitting with you guys next weekend to watch the state game!

Please don't. Poncho

The Rabs defense as a whole were good, and they were up there with who we've played this year, Carthage would probably get the nod of being the best, #80 Mclin and #90 Gatlin, for the Dawgs are the real deal, along with #55 Goodwin #20 Thedford for Center, were studs and theres been several others that stand out, but I think you get my point!

I cant get this machine to copy the post I want to comment.....can somebody tell me what I do wrong.....I punch the quote button....any way the bigorange on page 8 .....on defence I thought the wide outs a little short and those big fat linemen gonna be wore out late in game

Lol! As long as your adgravatin little people are OK, then all is right with the Republic jackpots! PS. You might try a different browser and see if that works. My little people aren't working at all, and pretty sure it's sabotage.

Lol! As long as your adgravatin little people are OK, then all is right with the Republic jackpots! PS. You might try a different browser and see if that works. My little people aren't working at all, and pretty sure it's sabotage.

my little men ok....I also don't know anything about getting new brosers or what they are....thanks for asking about them... :D :P :coolio:

• Like 1

The Gilmer Buckeyes Broadcasting team is very excited to announce that we will produce our first ever Live Video Stream for this Friday's Class 4A DII Semifinals between the Gilmer Buckeyes and Celina Bobcats. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. CST at Mesquite ISD's Memorial Stadium.

To watch the Live Video Stream (with audio provided by the Buckeyes Broadcast team) you will need to purchase a 24 Hour Day Pass for $9.95.
When you purchase the Day Pass, 50% of the proceeds go to Gilmer High School!

I've watched some video of Celina, and am quite impressed with their QB. He's a big kid, who has a great arm, and very accurate. Looks like their receivers get open and in position to catch his passes very well. Looks like they have good size, and quickness too. Now I know all I saw was their highlight films,,, those always look great. But if they play like that every single play, they would win the "5A" State Title. Of course it's never "that" good every play per game. Watch Gilmer's highlights, and you'd say the same thing.

This should be a close game. Time of possession, % of drives that end in points, 3rd down conversion, and turnovers will determine who makes the State game and who goes home. And one thing that will be very important for the Buckeyes, is success on "first" down. We need positive yards on first. 2nd and 5 opens up your playbook so if you can make at least 4 yards on first down you're gonna be setting yourself up for lots of scores. If we're constantly 2nd and 10,,, 3rd and ten or eight. It will be a long night for the Buckeyes.

Ok, it's time to drag out the old TDH hex. I haven't seen the other 'old Buckeye' on here this year. He may have enhaled way too big a breath of one of his potions. So I've started my own brew in the carport,, then once it's bubblin' and brewin' and totally sealed, I took it out to my shop building. There are lots of nasty green vapors floating around in the big 10 gallon glass jar. Before I pull the hoses off, and quickly seal the jug,,,you can bet I'll have my gas mask on when I do it, and I'll have a rope tied around my waist so's my wife can drag me out of the shop if I go down. Let's see,,, I've used frog eyes,, armadillo fecal matter,, Hair off a ferrell hog, I had to wrestle that sucker for 30 minutes to get it. Some parakeet feathers,,,(sorry to my neighbor Mrs. Scroggins for how funny her bird looks now), some battery acid and pomegranite juice,, I added some crows feet and wing tips, which will cause Celina's players to flap their arms and crow, and try to get airborn instead of paying attention to the play. I added the eye of a newt, the tongue of a dog, bat fur that's been soaking in alcohol, a foot from a lizard, and the tooth of a coyote, the branch of a yew plant, a fried tarantula, and finally a big chunk of "kiviak",, which is the carcass of a seal, that's been stuffed with auk birds, and allowed to ferment for 3 to 18 months. I then spit into the concoction and started it up in a pressure cooker that I have rigged up to transfer the fumes into the big jar with a vacuum in which I've placed 5 slugs. You should see them little suckers shrink up to 1/4 their size when I pulled the vacuum on that jar. :wacko:

Anywho,,, this little TDH concoction is known as the Sweat-a-sock-arotus version. One whiff of this little doozie, and within 10 minutes, your head will start sweating like a shower head,,, that sweat will run down your back, between your backside cheeks, down your legs taking all the hair off as it goes, and into your shoes,,thus rotting your socks off. Within fifteen minutes their players feet will look something like this, yukk1_zpsrbvs7pbn.jpg

or This,, wow%201_zpsylwcuauz.jpg And they will be in so much pain, they will do this: screamingfeet1_zpsh90fqrgw.jpg it's hard to play football with screaming feet,, so I think this should give the Buckeyes a slight advantage. LOL I'll be sure and toss a vial of these noxious vapors into their locker room about 5 minutes before they come inside. Then run like a screamin' banchee.

Hey, just doing my duty as a sold out member of the Army of Buckeyes,,, sometimes it's hazardous duty folks. :rofl:

Ok,,, I'm only half serious about this. LOL One half of it says,,, nahhh,, he's not gonna do that,,, the other half says,,,,or is he???

This should be a great game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, for the Buckeyes. :D :coolio:

• Like 1

It's about time somebody pulled out the ol' TDH hex! That's some really nasty stuff, but I hope you have those three other ingredients that are extremely hard to come by under lock and key, and in a safe place, so nobody can figure it out. I know you gave most of the ingredients, but the others are a guarded secret. This should keep the lights on our stadium going for at least another week!

Go Buckeyes!

We are FAMILY!

I've watched some video of Celina, and am quite impressed with their QB. He's a big kid, who has a great arm, and very accurate. Looks like their receivers get open and in position to catch his passes very well. Looks like they have good size, and quickness too. Now I know all I saw was their highlight films,,, those always look great. But if they play like that every single play, they would win the "5A" State Title. Of course it's never "that" good every play per game. Watch Gilmer's highlights, and you'd say the same thing.

This should be a close game. Time of possession, % of drives that end in points, 3rd down conversion, and turnovers will determine who makes the State game and who goes home. And one thing that will be very important for the Buckeyes, is success on "first" down. We need positive yards on first. 2nd and 5 opens up your playbook so if you can make at least 4 yards on first down you're gonna be setting yourself up for lots of scores. If we're constantly 2nd and 10,,, 3rd and ten or eight. It will be a long night for the Buckeyes.

Ok, it's time to drag out the old TDH hex. I haven't seen the other 'old Buckeye' on here this year. He may have enhaled way too big a breath of one of his potions. So I've started my own brew in the carport,, then once it's bubblin' and brewin' and totally sealed, I took it out to my shop building. There are lots of nasty green vapors floating around in the big 10 gallon glass jar. Before I pull the hoses off, and quickly seal the jug,,,you can bet I'll have my gas mask on when I do it, and I'll have a rope tied around my waist so's my wife can drag me out of the shop if I go down. Let's see,,, I've used frog eyes,, armadillo fecal matter,, Hair off a ferrell hog, I had to wrestle that sucker for 30 minutes to get it. Some parakeet feathers,,,(sorry to my neighbor Mrs. Scroggins for how funny her bird looks now), some battery acid and pomegranite juice,, I added some crows feet and wing tips, which will cause Celina's players to flap their arms and crow, and try to get airborn instead of paying attention to the play. I added the eye of a newt, the tongue of a dog, bat fur that's been soaking in alcohol, a foot from a lizard, and the tooth of a coyote, the branch of a yew plant, a fried tarantula, and finally a big chunk of "kiviak",, which is the carcass of a seal, that's been stuffed with auk birds, and allowed to ferment for 3 to 18 months. I then spit into the concoction and started it up in a pressure cooker that I have rigged up to transfer the fumes into the big jar with a vacuum in which I've placed 5 slugs. You should see them little suckers shrink up to 1/4 their size when I pulled the vacuum on that jar. :wacko:

Anywho,,, this little TDH concoction is known as the Sweat-a-sock-arotus version. One whiff of this little doozie, and within 10 minutes, your head will start sweating like a shower head,,, that sweat will run down your back, between your backside cheeks, down your legs taking all the hair off as it goes, and into your shoes,,thus rotting your socks off. Within fifteen minutes their players feet will look something like this, yukk1_zpsrbvs7pbn.jpg

or This,, wow%201_zpsylwcuauz.jpg And they will be in so much pain, they will do this: screamingfeet1_zpsh90fqrgw.jpg it's hard to play football with screaming feet,, so I think this should give the Buckeyes a slight advantage. LOL I'll be sure and toss a vial of these noxious vapors into their locker room about 5 minutes before they come inside. Then run like a screamin' banchee.

Hey, just doing my duty as a sold out member of the Army of Buckeyes,,, sometimes it's hazardous duty folks. :rofl:

Ok,,, I'm only half serious about this. LOL One half of it says,,, nahhh,, he's not gonna do that,,, the other half says,,,,or is he???

This should be a great game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, for the Buckeyes. :D :coolio:

You have nearly got it down just a wee bit more and it will be perfect. You will need some leopard pee, a pirate patch, some eagle talons, some tiger warts, bulldog eyelashes, some cardinal poop, panther fuzz, some rough rider saddle soap, and last but not least a rabbit foot. Now bring all this to a boil and this here is where it gets really tricky, slowly and I mean slowly add some saturated Buckeye juice from 11 fresh Buckeyes now if you can still open your eyes and you aint dead you have the perfect batch of the old Tinkers Dang Hex but be aware I aint responsible for what ever happens I got scars to prove what happens if you rush this stuff. Good luck and if I hear a big ole boom I will say a prayer for you.

You have nearly got it down just a wee bit more and it will be perfect. You will need some leopard pee, a pirate patch, some eagle talons, some tiger warts, bulldog eyelashes, some cardinal poop, panther fuzz, some rough rider saddle soap, and last but not least a rabbit foot. Now bring all this to a boil and this here is where it gets really tricky, slowly and I mean slowly add some saturated Buckeye juice from 11 fresh Buckeyes now if you can still open your eyes and you aint dead you have the perfect batch of the old Tinkers Dang Hex but be aware I aint responsible for what ever happens I got scars to prove what happens if you rush this stuff. Good luck and if I hear a big ole boom I will say a prayer for you.

With world events such as they are, I wasn't certain whether y'all were going the "containment" route or shock and awe. However, between jackpots inimitable perdiction and now this, I should have never doubted your resolve to drop the big one when called for. As you know, I would never question your methods gentlemen, and your always judicious use of such efforts is appreciated to avoid collateral damage!

http://youtu.be/JlSQAZEp3PA

Where in the world have you been man?? We've missed the TDH,,, could have used a touch against PG , and again last week. Of course we all know that this is just one version of the Tinkers Dang,,,, and that nobody makes one like you do. And I suppose I could chance adding all the ingredients of past victories into this one,,, I really stated to use some panther fuzz, since we whooped up on Mexia so bad. But I'll have to let the whole dad gum thing cool down to room temperature,, put on the gas mask, and keep a light vacuum on the glass recepticle so as to pull off any fumes as I open the pressure cooker. And then just hope the little woman is paying attention on the other end of that rope. She says she's a multi tasker,,,,,,,,, but the sweet little thang's mind wanders a bit now a days.

And Blackflag,,, I have those secret ingredients under lock and key,, OldBuckeye#62 warned me to "NEVER" under any circumstances let those slip into the wrong hands. The door to that vault is three feet of solid hardened steel, and no body but a team of seals (and a string of black cat firecrackers) can get that sucker open,,,, well my wife can but she's at work. <_<

With world events such as they are, I wasn't certain whether y'all were going the "containment" route or shock and awe. However, between jackpots inimitable perdiction and now this, I should have never doubted your resolve to drop the big one when called for. As you know, I would never question your methods gentlemen, and judicious use of such efforts is appreciated to avoid collateral damage!

http://youtu.be/JlSQAZEp3PA

Scotty,, good to see you man. And I know what you mean,,, we don't like to whip out our little TDH buddy, unless it's totally necessary I walked into my shop last year three days after I had pulled the vapors off another mean brew, and forgot I had left the top off the recepticle. Three days mind ya,, and the door was open,,, and just a remnant whiff threw me into a tizzy,,, lost 15 lbs of sweat,, and it took my podiatrist a solid week to get my feet back in shape. My little toe on my right foot still curls under the toe next to it,, but the Doc said he'd done all he could do. Got a little limp now days,,, but it was worth it,,,that batch was brewed up for the state game. LOL

• Like 2

Scotty,, good to see you man. And I know what you mean,,, we don't like to whip out our little TDH buddy, unless it's totally necessary I walked into my shop last year three days after I had pulled the vapors off another mean brew, and forgot I had left the top off the recepticle. Three days mind ya,, and the door was open,,, and just a remnant whiff threw me into a tizzy,,, lost 15 lbs of sweat,, and it took my podiatrist a solid week to get my feet back in shape. My little toe on my right foot still curls under the toe next to it,, but the Doc said he'd done all he could do. Got a little limp now days,,, but it was worth it,,,that batch was brewed up for the state game. LOL

The pleasure is all mine AOB! Merry Christmas to you and yours and all the rest of the Gilmer faithful! Very much enjoying your thoughtful and well informed posts as always!

An old Scottish blessing comes to mind regarding any who might doubt you and your Gilmer Buckeyes:

May those who love us, love us.

And those who don’t love us,

May God turn their hearts;

And if He doesn’t turn their hearts,

May He turn their ankles,

So we will know them by their limping.

Things just got surious, defcon 4 surious!