(14-0) Gilmer Buckeyes vs (14-0) Celina Bobcats

GTownballer

Gilmer vs Celina  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

According to Greg Tepper, Gilmer is a 14-point underdog in this game. Wow! Gilmer is the defending state champion, and that's kind of a slight in my opinion.

Based on the predictions I am seeing from Tepper et. al., they need to fire him and several others and hire jackpots ASAP!:

http://www.texasfootball.com/playoff-predictions/#1447258300381-d79f66a9-8df0

http://www.texasfootball.com/playoff-predictions/#1447258253442-7c799b57-aba0

• Like 1

Different divisions at the time but it could be like the Brownwood/Carthage game a few years ago. Celina and Gilmer IMO are the 2 best teams in Div 2. Brownwood came into that game about as hot as Celina is now and got dethroned. I havent checked in a bit but other than Argyle I dont think anyone one has come close to beating Celina. Just like that almost unstoppable Brownwood team who in the same way had yet to be challenged. I myself thought Brownwood would take that by 14 so shows what I know. So Im picking the Gilmer upset. If it even counts as an upset. Even though I love my Region 1 teams, Gilmer 35 Celina 31

The pleasure is all mine AOB! Merry Christmas to you and yours and all the rest of the Gilmer faithful! Very much enjoying your thoughtful and well informed posts as always!

An old Scottish blessing comes to mind regarding any who might doubt you and your Gilmer Buckeyes:

May those who love us, love us.

And those who don’t love us,

May God turn their hearts;

And if He doesn’t turn their hearts,

May He turn their ankles,

So we will know them by their limping.

Thanks Scotty,,, and I love the blessing by the way. Sounds just like a good Scotsman. LOL Also by the way,, I just made some a me famous Scottish Shortbread Cookies yestidie. Me gots a little Scottish in me as well. Me great great great,,,,, etc. etc. etc. grandpappy came from just sout east of Glasgow, a little spot in da road called Windy Edge, back aboot 15 years after Jamestown was settled. Good ta see ya man. And here's a good Scottisn blessin back to ya:

May your days be many and your troubles be few. May all God's blessings descend upon you. May peace be within you may your heart be strong. May you find what you're seeking wherever you roam.

Everyone picking Celina because they beat Argyle... The world beating football powerhouse that they are. Gilmer beat Carthage- the same Carthage squad that just KO'd Navasota. Are people's standards for Gilmer really that unrealistic? Give them some credit...

I always give GIlmer credit. Year in & year out, they are a force to be reckoned with!

I thought I would post something for thought here.

Celina has had a good defense this year

And a brilliant offense

772 points for and 198 points against,

Good numbers....

Now add in the fact that those are mostly first half numbers with the first squads playing in one or two series of the third quarters of most games.

Yes some of the teams were bad.....

However there are some such as Krum that are ranked in the top 15.

And Liberty Christian is a bear... 3 in a row state titles and very good best in their division.

Just food for thought'

And a brilliant offense

Good numbers....

Now add in the fact that those are mostly first half numbers with the first squads playing in one or two series of the third quarters of most games.

And Liberty Christian is a bear... 3 in a row state titles and very good best in their division.

Just food for thought'

Krum is only top 15 because they where one of the top 15 left, not because they where actually good enough to be ranked top 15. Even with Krum making it to qtr finals, I still don't believe they where a worthy opponent. That region is just so weak.

And a brilliant offense

Good numbers....

Just food for thought'

What was krums record?

What was krums record?

Krum's record was 8-6, I believe, with two of those losses to Celina. That being said, Region 1 was a lot weaker than usual, especially considering that Sweetwater was considered to be a top 10 team for sure. Krum beat them like a drum, 31-0.

Thanks Scotty,,, and I love the blessing by the way. Sounds just like a good Scotsman. LOL Also by the way,, I just made some a me famous Scottish Shortbread Cookies yestidie. Me gots a little Scottish in me as well. Me great great great,,,,, etc. etc. etc. grandpappy came from just sout east of Glasgow, a little spot in da road called Windy Edge, back aboot 15 years after Jamestown was settled. Good ta see ya man. And here's a good Scottisn blessin back to ya:

May your days be many and your troubles be few. May all God's blessings descend upon you. May peace be within you may your heart be strong. May you find what you're seeking wherever you roam.

+1000 AOB! Outstanding!

Alba gu bràth!

And a brilliant offense

Good numbers....

Just food for thought'

Food for thought, Gilmer put 70 on you last year, you scored on their 2s late, they have a better defense this year, you record is nearly identical to last years, other than the Argyle game, I agree with some, are you 60 pts better, than last year, against a better Gilmer defense, Gilmer has a better running game this year aswell, they may not put up 70 but they are going to score pts! Chew on that! Hopefully its a competitive game!

Food for thought, Gilmer put 70 on you last year, you scored on their 2s late, they have a better defense this year, you record is nearly identical to last years, other than the Argyle game, I agree with some, are you 60 pts better, than last year, against a better Gilmer defense, Gilmer has a better running game this year aswell, they may not put up 70 but they are going to score pts! Chew on that! Hopefully its a competitive game!

This is where turnovers, luck and experienced Senior leadership usually swings the momentum and score one way or the other in playoff games. This SHOULD be a great game. I'm really excited to be able to see it in person and expect a close, hard fought game, but won't be surprised if the 3-headed monster allows one team to pull away. Our Jekyll & Hyde Buckeyes need to show out tonight and play a complete and mistake free game. We know we have the talent and we know our foe is formidable and possibly even more talented. Give it your very best shot Buckeyes and you will KNOW that we are there behind you tonight. Good luck to all teams still playing and safe travels to all fans and supporters.

Last year does not matter since last years teams are not playing. But for the record. Celina actually has a good defense this year. Last year we gave up a lot of points. Your passing game was great now your running game is. this will not be remotely like last year in the way that it is executed. So bringing up last year well ya can bring up our past.....You have to go back to 1995 to ring up 30 losses for this club. We have had good teams in the past and this is a good team.,.. best D since the 2007 title team. So this could be fun.,...