(14-0) Gilmer Buckeyes vs (14-0) Celina Bobcats

GTownballer

Gilmer vs Celina  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Louie Gohmart, front on the sidelines, has personally sent the referee who called that taunting call to Git Mo. Not, a Gilmer in any form, that taunting call on that last Gilmer drive was awful. You never want to help decide a game like in crucial drive with a minor taunting call. I'm mad, and I don't even like Gilmer.

he was taunting standing over the guy on ground was a good call.

Ok, now for some soapbox.

I did not grow up in Gilmer. I'm a Pine Tree graduate, and grew up in a school with no football tradition or sense of community. it's one of the things I love about Gilmer. This town has a great sense of community, and there is a lot of pride connected to the school and the football program. Last year, the street was lined with fans cheering & honking horns & celebrating the state championship. Tonight, families were gathered on the field, hugging kids, sharing tears, encouraging one another. This is a community that rallies around the school and the football program. It really is a Family, like this year's theme stated. And this football family crosses age, ethnic, & cultural barriers.

I've tried to think of a word for this year's team. "Stubborn" is the best word I could come up with. They weren't flashy. They weren't explosive. But they were darn stubborn. They never gave up. They never quit. They would make a bad play, and get back up and try again. They fought, made mistakes,cand kept fighting. They believed in each other, so they never quit on each other. That's not a bad way to remember this group.

I know this season has had its share of critics. Gilmer folks hating on this team and this coaching staff. And all they've done is kept winning. Complaints about coaching decisions and player decisions. And all they've done is kept winning. They lose their top 5 players from last year, and all they've done is kept winning. They lose their head coach to UT, and all they've done is kept winning. Maybe it's time for this community to decide to stop the criticism and do what we do best: come together.

• Like 3

Ok now my spin on the game. First off great game Buckeyes yall never quit and kept coming. Second Celina did some very unlike Celina things tonight like have five turnovers. I was never worried when Celina got down 14 to 0 although a lot of people were. I knew Celina was to good to continue to let things get out of hand. Celina's big oline ruled the night and controlled the line of scrimmage. Celina's RT Luke Melton banged on Boyd all night long and made him for the most part a non factor on defense. Celina's LT Harrison Hubbarrt and LG Graham Buchanan made Olivera (sp) a non factor as well. Celina's run game lead by RB Jarren Alexander and QB Conner Pingleton pushed Celina all night. Crazy thing is Celina's passing game was pretty bad tonight of course Gilmer secondary had something to do with that, but Celina's passing game has been stellar. Good thing is they didn't need to b3 able to throw the ball that good. I said going into this game Celina's oline would have to win 75% of the time tonight and I believe they did better than that.

Defensively Celina got punched in the mouth with the run game the 1st qt, but after that they banged and slowed down the Gilmer running game. I told yall a couple of days ago yall would be surprised at Celina's speed and it showed tonight they are fast enough.

I honestly think Celina should have won by more points had the passing game been operating at a higher level tonight, but in saying that Gilmer had something to do with that.

• Like 1

Celina 49, Gilmer 44 Class 4A Division II Semifinal At Mesquite Memorial Stadium

Celina 7 14 14 14 — 49

Gilmer 14 10 7 13 — 44

First Quarter

GIL–Demarco Boyd 50 run (Juan Esquivel kick), 6:58.

GIL–Boyd 39 pass from Zac Spears (Esquivel kick), 5:14.

CEL–Conner Pingleton 60 run (Eduardo Paulino kick), 3:28.

Second Quarter

GIL–Boyd 1 run (Esquivel kick), 10:33.

CEL–Braydon Watson 14 pass from Pingleton (Paulino kick), 6:59.

CEL–Travis Tolbert 27 interception return (Paulino kick), 3:12.

GIL–FG Esquivel 24, :04.

Third Quarter

CEL–Jarren Alexander 64 run (Paulino kick), 4:28.

GIL–Boyd 7 run (Esquivel kick), 2:20.

CEL–Luke Reeder 7 pass from Pingleton (Paulino kick), :05.

Fourth Quarter

CEL–Pingleton 1 run (Paulino kick), 6:33.

GIL–LaMarcus Morton 10 pass from Spears (pass failed), 2:57.

CEL–Shane Gerths 38 interception return (Paulino kick), 1:19.

GIL–Boyd 21 pass from Spears (Esquivel kick), :30.

CEL GIL

First Downs 15 28

Total Yards 375 514

Rushes-Yards 43-296 42-160

Passing Yards 79 354

Comp.-Att.-Int. 9-14-3 28-48-2

Fumbles-Lost 2-2 1-1

Penalties-Yards 5-51 8-76

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING–Celina, Conner Pingleton 20-153, Jarren Alexander 20-138, John Franklin 2-4, Shane Gerths 1-1. Gilmer, Demarco Boyd 17-106, Kelton Collier 10-33, Cambron Granville 9-20, Devin Smith 3-4, Zac Spears 3-(-3).

PASSING–Celina, Pingleton 9-14-3–79. Gilmer, Spears 28-48-2–354.

RECEIVING–Celina, Luke Reeder 7-55, Braydon Watson 1-14, Trace Young 1-10. Gilmer, Zod Heath 9-145, Boyd 4-61, Granville 3-31, Red Jones 3-23, Dimitri Fort 2-35, Smith 2-23, Morton 2-14, Desmond Jones 1-8, Collier 1-7, Ryen Lawhorn 1-7.

Louie Gohmart, front on the sidelines, has personally sent the referee who called that taunting call to Git Mo. Not, a Gilmer in any form, that taunting call on that last Gilmer drive was awful. You never want to help decide a game like in crucial drive with a minor taunting call. I'm mad, and I don't even like Gilmer.

As an official, you have got to make that call. It is what it is and it happened in front of God and everybody. We all hated to see it happen, but it did. The official did not dictate that situation, the player did and when an official chooses not to call an obvious foul, he is still making a call, but now it's against the team that did not commit it. Overall I thought the crew did a heck of a job with their calls and keeping control of a volatile game.

• Like 1

well this week has been very hectic and i have been totally out of tune with pretty much everything including high school football. i was planning on going to this game but couldn't. it was middle of the 2nd qtr before it dawned on me they were playing. i listened until halftime then fell asleep.

sounds like it was an exciting game. hats off to Gilmer. i never expected them to get to the 5th rd. and they almost made it farther than that. they may not have had the team they have in past years but that winning tradition goes a long ways. congrats to Celina. i had them picked to win this game but thought it would be by a bigger margin. maybe turnovers or penalties had some to do with that i dont know but again some credit would have to go to Gilmer for that.

looking forward to the championships. im predicting WOS will win and then win the championship. i was also expecting more east texas teams to make the finals but it looks like Waskom is about it.

on a different note im sure the state of Texas will be glad to get a break from Allen and Aledo playing in the championship games. as they say all good things must come to an end. what a ride that must have been though for those 2 teams fan base

I did not grow up in Gilmer. I'm a Pine Tree graduate, and grew up in a school with no football tradition or sense of community. it's one of the things I love about Gilmer. This town has a great sense of community, and there is a lot of pride connected to the school and the football program. Last year, the street was lined with fans cheering & honking horns & celebrating the state championship. Tonight, families were gathered on the field, hugging kids, sharing tears, encouraging one another. This is a community that rallies around the school and the football program. It really is a Family, like this year's theme stated. And this football family crosses age, ethnic, & cultural barriers.

I've tried to think of a word for this year's team. "Stubborn" is the best word I could come up with. They weren't flashy. They weren't explosive. But they were darn stubborn. They never gave up. They never quit. They would make a bad play, and get back up and try again. They fought, made mistakes,cand kept fighting. They believed in each other, so they never quit on each other. That's not a bad way to remember this group.

I know this season has had its share of critics. Gilmer folks hating on this team and this coaching staff. And all they've done is kept winning. Complaints about coaching decisions and player decisions. And all they've done is kept winning. They lose their top 5 players from last year, and all they've done is kept winning. They lose their head coach to UT, and all they've done is kept winning. Maybe it's time for this community to decide to stop the criticism and do what we do best: come together.

I agree with that one. Been there on the we are invinvible kick. When Daingerfield stopped the streak, I was at home. And you know why? I was tired figured I would go to the next one. You get used to never losing and somehow it always bites you. Gilmer squad was tough and determined. It was a good game plan. It came down to second half adjustments and the Celina staff fixed their problems and finished the game. The young men executed much more sharply and more like I have seen all year than in the first half. I will be honest when it went up 14 0 in the first I was afraid the kids were too tight. But they fixed that and played well enough to be close at halftime. Great job on both coaching staffs.... Gilmer folks, ya'll are a class act and I have always respected their ability to win. We may see each other again next year..... You never Know.

Well said,how many communities would love to have the program that is established here. They are not any different than kids in any other school. The difference is the support, the coaches, the community. I've only been here 10 years, and the success is unmatched. 27 losses (for a 15 yr span, actually) think about that. Does that translate to some arrogance by SOME,sure. But the hate that is shown here week in, and week out is just d@#$ shameful. This program starts way before these kids get into HS. These kids buy into the success early. These coaches know these kids for years before HS & MAXIMIZE EACH kids full potential. It amazes no other program is doing that. Looking forward to next year already. Trust me so are the players.

Great seson Bucks, when i watched yall scrimmage Hallsville, i told myself its gonna be a short year for the Bucks, but like always yall proved folks wrong, take away a few mistakes away last night and yall would of had the win Celina has a great team and they did wat they had to do to win the game great seson for both teams

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL AT IT'S BEST!! This is what I LOVE about the game.. Two teams with outstanding TRADITION AND TALENT giving it all on the field for teammates , coaches and community!! Much respect for BOTH teams !! Seems like every year it's Celina or Gilmer ... Not many teams get the opportunity to get on the BIG STAGE time and time again !! What are you guys putting in the water in your respective towns??!!

As a proud KAUFMAN LION fan I look forward to OUR time to be there .. Made it to quarter finals once in our football history and got STOMPED BY .................. Yes CELINA!!! Then KILGORE THEN ARGYLE .... Just saying not many teams get to play in that many big games so BE PROUD YOU EVEN GOT THIS FAR ...

LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR TIME!!! It's coming

Guys doing the live stream talked about being glad some kids are under contract for another year. Garbage?

Outstanding year Buckeyes, great game Celina, ill tip my hat, your offense was definitely, as you described, good luck next week against the Mustangs, I dont think you'll need it, because I think the SC game was played last night! Let's get ready for next year Buckeyes! Great year!

Eagleborn, just so you know, your are the biggest instigator on this board, and most of us think your a piece of @#$T!