(14-0) Gilmer Buckeyes vs (14-0) Celina Bobcats

GTownballer

Gilmer vs Celina  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I cant get this machine to copy the post I want to comment.....can somebody tell me what I do wrong.....I punch the quote button....any way the bigorange on page 8 .....on defence I thought the wide outs a little short and those big fat linemen gonna be wore out late in game

Going with the champ again. Gilmer buckles down this week. Maybe they don't donkey stomp Celina this time like last year but they get the win.

I cant get this machine to copy the post I want to comment.....can somebody tell me what I do wrong.....I punch the quote button....any way the bigorange on page 8 .....on defence I thought the wide outs a little short and those big fat linemen gonna be wore out late in game

In order to quote, you'll have to right click on your mouse, go to "open in new tab", go into the new tab to quote.

It used to be that you didn't have to do that. I've had to do this for months. Also can't post pictures, videos, etc. Some people still can, but I can't. Any admin or moderators know how we can fix this?

You just don't get it!

I don't care how many interceptions, fumbles or mistakes a QB makes because of pressure, if the other team doesn't win then NO it didn't work! And why are you putting ALL mistakes on the QB? So yes, you are taking shots at Spears! Whether it is personal or not, it's still a shot. He is not the only player on the team that can make mistakes. No team plays a perfect game.

As far as the polls, now you are saying they mean nothing but in your last post you made a point that more people were voting for Celina so they must think they will win. Ok, which is it?

You are right about one thing. This is ridiculous. It's ridiculous to continue to take shots at one player when it takes a whole team to win or lose a game. And in Gilmer's case they just continue to win. Almost every Buckeye fan out there, and other people will tell you that this is not the greatest Gilmer team to ever hit the field, but if I had a favorite Buckeye team, this would be it. The adversity and scrappiness of this team is to be respected. I have heard more complaints about these players and coaches than I have ever heard about any Gilmer team. Their toughness reminds me of the Buckeye teams in the mid to late 50's. This team might not win pretty but they still win and you can't ask for more than that!

I am sorry you do not see this..... IMHO pressure the quarterback to try to force the tempo of the passing game.... If you can cause the QB to rush his read and if he is a pocket passer I want my defense to make him move. This will put the QB (whoever it is) out of his rhythm and hopefully cause a mistake or at least an incompletion. This is fundamental football. Nothing fancy. It takes good coverage to make it work but it can cause errors That is exactly what he is trying to say. So for hypothetical purposes let us say Gilmers qb is x and the defense is a polynomial, I want my polynomial to attack and restrict x as to interrupt his timing and even tackle him if they can...... Now what was that Gilmer quarterbacks name......Does anybody know?

I am sorry you do not see this..... IMHO pressure the quarterback to try to force the tempo of the passing game.... If you can cause the reads quickely and you are a pocket passer I want my defense to make you move. This will put the QB (whoever it is) out of his best spot to motion and if he is not a good improviser it severely limits your passing game, That is exactly what he is trying to say. So for hypothetical purposes let us say Gilmers qb is x and the defense is a polynomial, I want my polynomial to attack and restrict x as to interrupt his timing and even tackle him if they can...... Now what was that Gilmer quarterbacks name......Does anybody know?

"He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

In my opinion if the Buckeyes that got off the bus to play Atlanta last Friday get of the bus to play Celina, Celina wins. Now if the Buckeyes that got off the bus that played Mexia Celina won't stand a chance and will lose. The offense needs to play better in this game. Can't play on offense like we did against Atlanta and beat Celina. Our defense played very well but they need to do it again. I still say Buckeyes take the victory.

I am sorry you do not see this..... IMHO pressure the quarterback to try to force the tempo of the passing game.... If you can cause the QB to rush his read and if he is a pocket passer I want my defense to make him move. This will put the QB (whoever it is) out of his rhythm and hopefully cause a mistake or at least an incompletion. This is fundamental football. Nothing fancy. It takes good coverage to make it work but it can cause errors That is exactly what he is trying to say. So for hypothetical purposes let us say Gilmers qb is x and the defense is a polynomial, I want my polynomial to attack and restrict x as to interrupt his timing and even tackle him if they can...... Now what was that Gilmer quarterbacks name......Does anybody know?

I've heard of x's and o's,, but never using an algebraic term to describe a defense. I do agree with the premise of your post. Zach Spears is his name.

It's evident you don't get my point either! I never said teams should not try to pressure the QB. In fact one of the reasons we beat Atlanta last year was that by the 2nd half we had wore down the Rabbits OL enough to get major pressure on Atlanta's outstanding QB and keep the ball in his hands. Otherwise Musgrove would kill you with his arm. It's every teams goal to pressure the QB.

My problem is that every post he makes is an attack on Spears. If that's his opinion, that Gilmer can be beat by pressuring the QB who he thinks can't handle it, so be it, but I'm pretty sure everyone heard him the first time so why continue to take the same shot at the kid post after post, day after day, game after game? Plus every team has gotten pressure on Spears, but yet Gilmer still wins, so no, getting pressure on the QB doesn't guarantee that Spears will make a mistake or does it guarantee a win!

He says people are sending him messages supporting his opinion. I'm sure they are. There are a lot of chicken posters on here hiding behind screen names so they can bash coaches and players. I guess it makes them feel big and even bigger when little people agree with them.

In order to quote, you'll have to right click on your mouse, go to "open in new tab", go into the new tab to quote.

It used to be that you didn't have to do that. I've had to do this for months. Also can't post pictures, videos, etc. Some people still can, but I can't. Any admin or moderators know how we can fix this?

thanks...real complicated for me :wub: :wub: :wub:

I wrote out a big long post to combat Mrs.Golfingnut, but I think this is a tad bit overkill for what this all started from. New thread, new game, new posts.

I will say that I believe this has all been blown way out of proportion from the comment that initially started it all, which was hardly worthy of such feedback. I think I am catching the flack intended a lot of the people that have literally been bashing Spears (yes I said his name). I have not attacked him or bashed him. For the last time, all I said was... in fact here is the statement.

So keys to victory for Atlanta will definitely be staying positive in the turnover margin, accompanied with success on offense. We cannot give the ball to Gilmer, nor can we allow them to take not from us. Pressure on Spears, especially consistently, will result in turnovers. I by no means think Spears is a bad QB, nor am I slandering him. I've watched him play great games and make great throws. I just think that consistently pressure, maybe even a sack or two, will result in him making some costly mistakes.

I mean really guys. Let's not blow this out of proportion, nor over-exaggerate how many times/days it's been posted.

Pass protection will be key for the Buckeyes, I think everyone has made it Statewide knowledge, that our QB can make mistakes when rattled, but understand everyone has known that all year, and kudos to our offensive line has stepped up when it counts, and given him time to throw, believe me our coaches, know the score, and will know Celina backwards and forwards, when game time rolls around, again Gilmer has faced some big strong and fast Dlines, and certainly some D1 prospects, and we have prevailed, is Celinas front seven as good, as LE's, Bullards, Carthages's, Center's, Atlanta's, Mexia's, if so, I think we will have it covered, Gilmer will play fast, and start probing, Celina will probably have a few good series on D, then Gilmer starts finding the creases, and when that happens its Gilmers game to lose, we heard alot of the same stuff last year, and that game was just ugly, Celina's claim to fame so far on the year is beating Argyle early, then hitting a run, of teams they have overpowered in the past, so hopefully this Celina is a ton better than last years team, because, ownestly that game last year was, so one sided, it was boring! Gilmer has seen some good offensive lines aswell, and have ended up making them look silly, again this defense, is the best Gilmer has had, hands down, with the DBs really starting to get in sink, they have become impressive to say the least! Again hopefully its a good game, lord knows Celina is due, but they are going to have to beat us to prove it! Beleive me when I tell ya, this a Gilmer team, that will leave you scratching you head, saying "Damn how did they beat us". lol