Waskom vs Idalou at Mineral Wells Friday at 7:30

Wild74

Waskom vs Idalou at Mineral Wells Friday at 7:30  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Idalou's Grind It Out Offense Vs Waskom's Defense who takes it

Remember watching film doesn't tell the outcome of a game but this could be the best defense waskom has faced this yr....maybe!

You're basing all of your opinions on what you've heard, so why can't he base his off of what he's seen on video. I'm not saying either one is right or wrong.

Wild can you post some of Idalou's stats!

I don't really have any but here is a write up and stats from their Henretta game.

Idalou Advances To State Semifinal After Win Against Henrietta

Dec 04, 2015 11:43 PM

CLYDE — The injection of enhanced blood was aimed at Ty Nichols’ injured hamstring, but it struck a nerve instead. The Idalou senior’s leg instinctively jerked back, kicking a doctor during the September blood spinning procedure.

It was perhaps the only moment of humor in a recovery process from a Grade 3 strain, which included one doctor remarking that Nichols was going to become “Mr. Baseball” because of its severity.

But after sitting out five games, the blood spinning procedure and rehab helped return the fullback to a stout backfield that includes Beau Howard, Brandt Schilling and quarterback Zack Kirkpatrick

Nichols rushed for 94 yards and two first-half touchdowns in the Wildcats’ 27-7 3A DII regional final win over Henrietta, a benchmark for the recently recovered Nichols that shows the capability of the Idalou run game.

“Long and difficult is an understatement,” Nichols said. “But, it’s all been worth it. Going into my senior season, you have to miss five games. Starting your sixth, you get 11 snaps. I stayed with the course, my guys picked me up and now we’re rolling.”

Idalou faces Waskom in the state semifinals Friday in Mineral Wells.

Schilling ran 30 times for 230 yards and a touchdown and Kirkpatrick scored on a short quarterback keeper — both in the first half.

During this season, Idalou saw some of the region’s top rushing teams like Littlefield, Shallowater, Spearman and Coleman.

Henrietta, with quarterback Riley Watson, appeared capable of testing the Wildcats’ secondary after gaudy passing numbers this season. But in this game, they favored the run and were held to 129 total yards.

“They do have a lot of passing yards, but a lot of that was racked up a lot earlier than the last three playoff games,” Idalou coach Jeff Lofton said. “We knew we were going to have the defend the pass. But they’ve been running that ball hard and heavy lately.”

Watson threw two interceptions and Henrietta fumbled three times, losing one.

“Our linebackers did well rushing (Watson) and making him nervous,” Idalou’s Ben McGehee said. “And our secondary, we did well picking some balls and knocking a lot down.”

McGehee and Beau Howard had interceptions for Idalou, which punted once and threw one pass.

“You don’t want to be overly aggressive and get beat,” Lofton said. “But, if we can get a bite on the ball and pick it, then that’s exactly what we’re trying to do.”

Mason Hanson returned a kickoff 91 yards for a touchdown midway through the second quarter for Henrietta’s first touchdown to make the score 20-7.

The Bearcats stuffed Nichols on a fourth-and-short attempt late in the third quarter and took over on their own 22 yard line, but punted after a promising pass play was negated because of a push in the back penalty.

Henrietta did not have a first down in the second half.

“We practiced a lot against the sweep,” Nichols said. “Whenver they came out and passed it, it was a couple downs in a row, we just adapted.”

Idalou 27, Henrietta 7

Henrietta 0 7 0 0 - 7

Idalou 13 14 0 0 - 27

First Quarter

IDA — Kirkpatrick 2 run (Forkpa kick) 5:58

IDA — Nichols 36 run (Forkpa kick) 0:13

Second Quarter

IDA — Schilling 6 run (botched snap) 6:42

HEN — Hanson 91 return (Dowell kick) 6:28

IDA — Nichols 5 run (Forkpa kick) 4:59

HEN IDA

First downs 7 16

Rushes-Yards 11-36 49-355

Passing-Yards 7-93 0

Comp-Att-Int 7-16-2 0-1-0

Punts 5-35 1-45

Fumbles-Lost 3-1 0-0

Penalties Yards 3-25 2-20

Individual stats

RUSHING HEN: Watson 4-12, West 5-11, Fletcher 2-13; IDA: Schilling 30-230, Nichols 9-94, Kirkpatrick 8-30, Howard 1-1.

PASSING HEN: Watson 7-16-2; IDA: Kirkpatrick 0-1.

RECEIVING HEN: Fletcher 2-30, McCreary 2-29, Curtis 2-24, Carter 1-10.

RECORDS Henrietta 12-2, Idalou 13-0

You're basing all of your opinions on what you've heard, so why can't he base his off of what he's seen on video. I'm not saying either one is right or wrong.

I know this guy ok i'm having a conversation with him and I never said he couldn't if I said something wrong I'm sure he would tell me so chill and stop letting what I post get to you

I don't really have any but here is a write up and stats from their Henretta game.

Idalou Advances To State Semifinal After Win Against Henrietta

Dec 04, 2015 11:43 PM

CLYDE The injection of enhanced blood was aimed at Ty Nichols injured hamstring, but it struck a nerve instead. The Idalou seniors leg instinctively jerked back, kicking a doctor during the September blood spinning procedure.

It was perhaps the only moment of humor in a recovery process from a Grade 3 strain, which included one doctor remarking that Nichols was going to become Mr. Baseball because of its severity.

But after sitting out five games, the blood spinning procedure and rehab helped return the fullback to a stout backfield that includes Beau Howard, Brandt Schilling and quarterback Zack Kirkpatrick

Nichols rushed for 94 yards and two first-half touchdowns in the Wildcats 27-7 3A DII regional final win over Henrietta, a benchmark for the recently recovered Nichols that shows the capability of the Idalou run game.

Long and difficult is an understatement, Nichols said. But, its all been worth it. Going into my senior season, you have to miss five games. Starting your sixth, you get 11 snaps. I stayed with the course, my guys picked me up and now were rolling.

Idalou faces Waskom in the state semifinals Friday in Mineral Wells.

Schilling ran 30 times for 230 yards and a touchdown and Kirkpatrick scored on a short quarterback keeper both in the first half.

During this season, Idalou saw some of the regions top rushing teams like Littlefield, Shallowater, Spearman and Coleman.

Henrietta, with quarterback Riley Watson, appeared capable of testing the Wildcats secondary after gaudy passing numbers this season. But in this game, they favored the run and were held to 129 total yards.

They do have a lot of passing yards, but a lot of that was racked up a lot earlier than the last three playoff games, Idalou coach Jeff Lofton said. We knew we were going to have the defend the pass. But theyve been running that ball hard and heavy lately.

Watson threw two interceptions and Henrietta fumbled three times, losing one.

Our linebackers did well rushing (Watson) and making him nervous, Idalous Ben McGehee said. And our secondary, we did well picking some balls and knocking a lot down.

McGehee and Beau Howard had interceptions for Idalou, which punted once and threw one pass.

You dont want to be overly aggressive and get beat, Lofton said. But, if we can get a bite on the ball and pick it, then thats exactly what were trying to do.

Mason Hanson returned a kickoff 91 yards for a touchdown midway through the second quarter for Henriettas first touchdown to make the score 20-7.

The Bearcats stuffed Nichols on a fourth-and-short attempt late in the third quarter and took over on their own 22 yard line, but punted after a promising pass play was negated because of a push in the back penalty.

Henrietta did not have a first down in the second half.

We practiced a lot against the sweep, Nichols said. Whenver they came out and passed it, it was a couple downs in a row, we just adapted.

Idalou 27, Henrietta 7

Henrietta 0 7 0 0 - 7

Idalou 13 14 0 0 - 27

First Quarter

IDA Kirkpatrick 2 run (Forkpa kick) 5:58

IDA Nichols 36 run (Forkpa kick) 0:13

Second Quarter

IDA Schilling 6 run (botched snap) 6:42

HEN Hanson 91 return (Dowell kick) 6:28

IDA Nichols 5 run (Forkpa kick) 4:59

HEN IDA

First downs 7 16

Rushes-Yards 11-36 49-355

Passing-Yards 7-93 0

Comp-Att-Int 7-16-2 0-1-0

Punts 5-35 1-45

Fumbles-Lost 3-1 0-0

Penalties Yards 3-25 2-20

Individual stats

RUSHING HEN: Watson 4-12, West 5-11, Fletcher 2-13; IDA: Schilling 30-230, Nichols 9-94, Kirkpatrick 8-30, Howard 1-1.

PASSING HEN: Watson 7-16-2; IDA: Kirkpatrick 0-1.

RECEIVING HEN: Fletcher 2-30, McCreary 2-29, Curtis 2-24, Carter 1-10.

RECORDS Henrietta 12-2, Idalou 13-0

Thanks

I have watched all all three of idalou's play-off games on film. That being said, they will try and pound the football all night long down our throats. The sweeps they run are more or less between the tackles, with the RB letting his blockers get out in front. Idalou looks very disciplined on both sides of the ball. I couldnt help myself to watch the oppenets linebackers playing against them, and thinking that they will not hold a candle stick to what they will see against waskom. I think waskom will make another State Championship appearance.

• Like 1

Waskom has got to go into this game healthy. I'm praying that all the kids can get through this next week (or two) without catching this "crud" that's going around. Hopefully the warmer than normal temps will continue. Additionally, it's a "no brainer" that this coaching staff will have the guys prepped for this upcoming game. They have that knack of being able to get those guys motivated beyond measure. Somebody posted that this contest will be "size vs speed", well we know how those games have gone over the course of the past three years, now don't we. Our passing game this year has really impressed. Nice to know it's there if needed.

#### so bad that I won't be able to make this game but I saw the semi where Refugio smoked us. Missed last years against Sonora. Hoping my presence (or the lack there of) will propel waskom to the state final game. I really don't know anything about idalou so im not going to try to give any opinion of this game

No not this yr lol but in 2010 I was there for that SC game they won but I know that doesn't matter with this team but I just like keeping up with alot of other teams other than EF especially at playoff time I'm very flexible lol[/ quote]

True waskom hater haha

• Like 1

I remember watching them on film and not being impressed. There was absolutely nothing on film that scared me. One of the other coaches said, boys they are damn good. We said we just didn't see it. Coach Windham was right, they were damn good and much faster than we thought. That was 2010, which was a lifetime ago. Good luck to Waskom.

No not this yr lol but in 2010 I was there for that SC game they won but I know that doesn't matter with this team but I just like keeping up with alot of other teams other than EF especially at playoff time I'm very flexible lol[/ quote]

True waskom hater haha

I love waskom

I just want a victory but I honestly bet you thought WR would give us all we could handle. I know you did!

J you can go back and read my post I said the only difference for WR will be that they will score and that's it lol

Watched a few games on them tonight.. i think waskom will be in their face all night right when #25 gets the ball.. waskoms speed will show in this game.. this could have a weird out come.. im going say waskom big.. they going try an burn us on the corners but i be willing to bet waskom DE are faster then their backs.. well then there is mike an chan to clean it up..

Watched a few games on them tonight.. i think waskom will be in their face all night right when #25 gets the ball.. waskoms speed will show in this game.. this could have a weird out come.. im going say waskom big.. they going try an burn us on the corners but i be willing to bet waskom DE are faster then their backs.. well then there is mike an chan to clean it up..

What little bit of highlights I've seen on them, getting into the backfield QUICK and turning those sweeps up will be key. Their lineman looks well versed in getting out on the blocks. They are big, so that also means they are slow, and we know how to take care of slow. Schilling is quick and can turn on a dime, or so you'd think by looking at his highlights, but EVERYONE on our "D" can pop, so I'm thinking they'll be worn down pretty quick. Key will be to have a few defensive "stops" so we can get on the board quickly, thus knocking the wind outta their sails.

They beat Coleman which had the state relay team