Waskom vs Idalou at Mineral Wells Friday at 7:30

Wild74

Waskom vs Idalou at Mineral Wells Friday at 7:30  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Idalou's Grind It Out Offense Vs Waskom's Defense who takes it

Waskom has got to go into this game healthy. I'm praying that all the kids can get through this next week (or two) without catching this "crud" that's going around. Hopefully the warmer than normal temps will continue. Additionally, it's a "no brainer" that this coaching staff will have the guys prepped for this upcoming game. They have that knack of being able to get those guys motivated beyond measure. Somebody posted that this contest will be "size vs speed", well we know how those games have gone over the course of the past three years, now don't we. Our passing game this year has really impressed. Nice to know it's there if needed.

in the Gunter game Waskom had one great completion, for a TD. The passing game works a few times a game because there are so many other ways this offense can hurt you. All in all, if Waskom gets into a situation where they REALLY have to pass every play I think they will be in trouble. Waskom's offense isnt' built that way - it is not a balanced offense in any shape or fashion. Last year I made the comment that if Waskom didn't pass they wouldn't win state. That was obviously wrong. So you can take this with a grain of salt. Waskom got way behind Sonora last year and came back, but it wasn't with the passing game. Waskom can darn sure defend the pass however, as they can the run. This should be a close game but Waskom will likely advance once again.

• Like 1

Good luck both teams you all deserve to b at this point in yalls season, sadly it will end for one of you this week but congrats and hats off to both of you... I went to the WRvsWaskom game friday, they have a D.. offense moves the ball fairly easy, #15 has to be one of the best players ive ever seen play, the boy has that natural touch for the game... it should be a great game... good luck both squads...

• Like 2

12314632_10205682183673490_3071335243338

some lofty waskom expectations on here...this will be the best opponent you have faced all year, best defense for sure. you guys have the easy part done, you have talked about it. Wait till kick off Friday night then you will understand what a long night it will be

Yo Roadkill, BRING IT!!

some lofty waskom expectations on here...this will be the best opponent you have faced all year, best defense for sure. you guys have the easy part done, you have talked about it. Wait till kick off Friday night then you will understand what a long night it will be

You choose this as your way to enter onto Smoaky?! OMG bless your heart sweetie! lol

Some of the kids on this team faced that high flying Refugio team in 2013, then as Juniors faced Newton and Sonora in 2014. So I think you can definitely say these kids have seen it all when it comes to speed, size and talent. They beat a 4A team in Center who went 3 rounds into the playoffs and lost to Gilmer (defending State Champs). There's legitimate reasons why people think Waskom has seen way better teams than Idalou. I think Waskom wins big, but Idalou didn't get this far by mistake so Waskom has to treat them as if they were Newton, 2013 Refugio etc. etc.

• Like 2

Some of the kids on this team faced that high flying Refugio team in 2013, then as Juniors faced Newton and Sonora in 2014. So I think you can definitely say these kids have seen it all when it comes to speed, size and talent. They beat a 4A team in Center who went 3 rounds into the playoffs and lost to Gilmer (defending State Champs). There's legitimate reasons why people think Waskom has seen way better teams than Idalou. I think Waskom wins big, but Idalou didn't get this far by mistake so Waskom has to treat them as if they were Newton, 2013 Refugio etc. etc.

Waskom will!!!!

Lets be honest: Waskom is a great team! You are the DEFENDING STATE CHAMP, and you are riding on an impresive 29 game win streak

But I do think Idalou has a chance, a goooooood chance! Yep everyone has a "chance" but I like our chance in this game.

Lets be honest: Waskom is a great team! You are the DEFENDING STATE CHAMP, and you are riding on an impresive 29 game win streak

But I do think Idalou has a chance, a goooooood chance! Yep everyone has a "chance" but I like our chance in this game.

Idalou is a really good football team they definitely have a chance. If Waskom turns the ball over or has players get hurt. If Waskom holds on to the football and stays healthy they win. So Idalou has a chance, just not as goooood of a chance as you might hope.

No doubt. Nobody accidentally gets to this point. Good luck to yall. should be a good one

in the Gunter game Waskom had one great completion, for a TD. The passing game works a few times a game because there are so many other ways this offense can hurt you. All in all, if Waskom gets into a situation where they REALLY have to pass every play I think they will be in trouble. Waskom's offense isnt' built that way - it is not a balanced offense in any shape or fashion. Last year I made the comment that if Waskom didn't pass they wouldn't win state. That was obviously wrong. So you can take this with a grain of salt. Waskom got way behind Sonora last year and came back, but it wasn't with the passing game. Waskom can darn sure defend the pass however, as they can the run. This should be a close game but Waskom will likely advance once again.

Waskom is very good at play action passing. They don't use it a lot because nobody has stopped their running game. If you try to defend both their RBs will be running lose in your secondary in a hurry. They are a lot better at passing than you give them credit for ....

• Like 1

Idalou is a really good football team they definitely have a chance. If Waskom turns the ball over or has players get hurt. If Waskom holds on to the football and stays healthy they win. So Idalou has a chance, just not as goooood of a chance as you might hope.

What 'if' they (waskom) already have players hurt

I don't want anyone to be hurt, I also don't want anyone playing hurt that shouldn't be playing. Good Luck to both teams

I know what you are referring to sir. Chan had an x-ray on his collar bone and it was negative. He has a bruised collar bone which is already fine. He could've played last game but rested bc he wasn't needed.
  • Like 1

The Mineral Wells Optimist Club (MWOC) will be operating the concession stand at the game Friday. Proceeds will go to replace stolen equipment from the PeeWee Football program there at Mineral Wells. Please visit their concession stand and help these little guys get the equiptment replaced.

• Like 5

Waskom is very good at play action passing. They don't use it a lot because nobody has stopped their running game. If you try to defend both their RBs will be running lose in your secondary in a hurry. They are a lot better at passing than you give them credit for ....

Waskoms Harkrider has thrown 21 TD and only 2 picks this season if I'm not mistaken. He makes good reads and drops dimes! Don't sleep on the pass..

Somebody from Waskom will surely correct me, but I think they were about 2 of 7 and an interception against Gunter, and except for the one TD pass the QB was under extreme pressure. If they are in a situation as I stated above where they REALLY have to pass, play action won't necessarily work. Play action works for them now because if the defense doesn't aggressively defend the run they will get killed with the running game. Waskom is capable of coming back in games using the running game but they have not been in a situation where they are multiple scores down late, where passing is the only option. If that happens I am saying they are not going to resemble Baylor (well, when they had healthy QBs). Heck, Waskom very well might never be in that position as good as their running game is. Just sayin....

Gunter played us the best when it comes to defense. Gunter had field position all night but couldn't move the ball. 28 points is the least we scored all year, as a matter of fact you have to go back to the Center game two years ago