Waskom vs Idalou at Mineral Wells Friday at 7:30

Wild74

Waskom vs Idalou at Mineral Wells Friday at 7:30  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Idalou's Grind It Out Offense Vs Waskom's Defense who takes it

What little bit of highlights I've seen on them, getting into the backfield QUICK and turning those sweeps up will be key. Their lineman looks well versed in getting out on the blocks. They are big, so that also means they are slow, and we know how to take care of slow. Schilling is quick and can turn on a dime, or so you'd think by looking at his highlights, but EVERYONE on our "D" can pop, so I'm thinking they'll be worn down pretty quick. Key will be to have a few defensive "stops" so we can get on the board quickly, thus knocking the wind outta their sails.

I agree. I watched all 4 of their games posted on Hudl. They pull the offside guard and sweep. Sometimes outside the tackle, sometimes cutting it back inside. Then they hit you with the fullback. Big and disciplined on both sides of the line. If our D Line can stay at home and control their O line like they always do. That keeps our LB's free to roam. Did not see any passes from them to amount to anything. If our offense plays like it did last night, I don't see them shutting us down. It's gonna be a long week waiting on this one.

Still waiting on Jett to catch a ride and sit with us...

• Like 1

Remember what pewitcoach said they looked like someone that could be beaten and when PP played them in the semis PO was beat 17-0 I think. It looks the same way to me also on film and so did Sonora and they almost beat us as a matter of fact I thought they had

They beat Coleman which had the state relay team

Why are you comparing track speed to football speed? I watched the Coleman game. I don't think the track team was out there. JS. Lol

They beat Coleman which had the state relay team

Why are you comparing track speed to football speed? I watched the Coleman game. I don't think the track team was out there. JS. Lol

I'm definitely pulling for Waskom...So you don't think 3A football first players can excel in track? 3 of the Coleman State sprint relay team played all had 4.5 listed in 40 times...Those 40 times are relevant to football..Just adding food for thought...
  • Like 1

I agree. I watched all 4 of their games posted on Hudl. They pull the offside guard and sweep. Sometimes outside the tackle, sometimes cutting it back inside. Then they hit you with the fullback. Big and disciplined on both sides of the line. If our D Line can stay at home and control their O line like they always do. That keeps our LB's free to roam. Did not see any passes from them to amount to anything. If our offense plays like it did last night, I don't see them shutting us down. It's gonna be a long week waiting on this one.

Still waiting on Jett to catch a ride and sit with us...

Lol

I'm definitely pulling for Waskom...So you don't think 3A football first players can excel in track? 3 of the Coleman State sprint relay team played all had 4.5 listed in 40 times...Those 40 times are relevant to football..Just adding food for thought...

This has been addressed several times on here by me and countless others....it's not the speed of 3-4 "track team" players that makes waskom fast. It's that the other 7-8 players on the team are faster than just about every other teams 7-8 "non track team" players. Especially on defense. thats the "speed" everyone who plays waskom doesn't understand. There is a big difference in waskoms overall team speed, meaning the average of all 11 on the field at a time, between waskom and all but maybe two opponents they have faced over the last 3 seasons.

some lofty waskom expectations on here...this will be the best opponent you have faced all year, best defense for sure. you guys have the easy part done, you have talked about it. Wait till kick off Friday night then you will understand what a long night it will be

some lofty waskom expectations on here...this will be the best opponent you have faced all year, best defense for sure. you guys have the easy part done, you have talked about it. Wait till kick off Friday night then you will understand what a long night it will be

Waskom has been hearing that kind of talk for two years ... I guarantee you this will be the best opponent Idalou has faced in several years ,,,,

Idalou can't take a play off against waskom. They can score in a HURRY! I think it will be like the last two games, close in the 1st and 2nd, but waskom runs away in the 3rd and 4th.

Lol that's funny.