Cowboys vs Packers ....

They will make the playoffs if all the other teams stop playing. They are one of the worst teams in the NFL.

if you base it on how they play vs the talent they have they are terrible. at least the 1-15 season they didnt have much talent. i'll give the defense credit today keeping them in the game as long as they could. offensively they were a joke. how many times on 3rd down did they come up a yard short. at some poing you have to try and throw the ball past the marker and not rely on breaking tackles. like i said the defense is ok need a little tweaking but the offense needs an overhaul. also one thing we tend to forget about is that this team creates no turnovers.

They are done. Will finish 5-11 at best, probably 4-12. Won't beat a good Jets team, don't see them beating the Bills in Buffalo. They are done. Ride this bad season out and get some linebacker help, maybe another safety, and hopefully Dez will get back to work on catching several hundred balls a day. Cut your losses and start fresh next year.

What's the saying? It's not over till it's over? Some of the players were surely on a different page today. Whatever happens between now and the end of the season is still up in the air. Remember that is "why they play the game". People can easily dismiss Dallas (and based on some of their performances..... easily understood). On the other hand if they were to make the playoff then that is an entirely different season. Nothing before matters. :rolleyes:

If the DID make the playoffs, which they won't, you really think that saves their season? They would get blown out again in the first round .... Laughable .... :P

hmmm Cowboys 2 games out with 3 to play. probably have to win all 3. hmmm do you really see that happening?

The good thing is no one knows how any NFL team is going to play week to week. That is where streaks come into play. At this point Dallas has to win out and Washington and Philly cannot go 2-1 the rest of the way. The New York Gnats cannot go 3-1 also. Looking at the schedules it is very possible provided Dallas wins. But it will take help on the outside. None of the NFC East would over 7-9. As long as Dallas wins out in the scenario they hold the tiebreaker against every other NFC East team. That wasn't hard was it?

:rofl:

The good thing is no one knows how any NFL team is going to play week to week. That is where streaks come into play. At this point Dallas has to win out and Washington and Philly cannot go 2-1 the rest of the way. The New York Gnats cannot go 3-1 also. Looking at the schedules it is very possible provided Dallas wins. But it will take help on the outside. None of the NFC East would over 7-9. As long as Dallas wins out in the scenario they hold the tiebreaker against every other NFC East team. That wasn't hard was it?

Thank you :

This will all be spun by the apologists that its about missing Romo (which we most certainly do!). We will sign a high-priced over-valued backup next year and everyone will be scratching their heads when it all happens again regardless. A lot of us have been saying a LOOOONNG time that something is fundamentally wrong with this team. I have no idea what it is. I know the coach is terrible....can't manage the clock, won't enforce any code among the players (unless it is a backup that doesn't dress pretty enough on the trip), and is too full of himself to admit there is a problem. The GM is an idiot that will tell you one week that Weeden throws the prettiest pass in the NFL and cut him the next because he cant throw a lick. You can't expect the body to perform when the head doesn't function.

I have no idea what the problem is. Every player acts like "We're the Cowboys....you mean we are supposed to win too?? ". Its a total attitude problem. Even Witten doesn't know how to run to the yard stick on 3rd & 9. He's gonna run 8 week after week. And I'm not downing Witten. Its just another sign that this team just doesn't have what it takes.......and I don't see it turning around. 20 years is too much history to ignore. I would say I was excited about having a top 5-6 pick, but JJ will probably trade it for RGIII, Johnny Football, or Ryan Mallett. Because that would fit right in with the logic

you should have stopped and saved yourself some typing right after you said Dallas has to win out

i would prefer to finish 4-12 and get the best pick possible than to back into the playoffs and get their brains beat out and pick the middle of the pack. face it this season is a washout pretty much has been since the first month. time to lick your wounds and regroup

This will all be spun by the apologists that its about missing Romo (which we most certainly do!). We will sign a high-priced over-valued backup next year and everyone will be scratching their heads when it all happens again regardless. A lot of us have been saying a LOOOONNG time that something is fundamentally wrong with this team. I have no idea what it is. I know the coach is terrible....can't manage the clock, won't enforce any code among the players (unless it is a backup that doesn't dress pretty enough on the trip), and is too full of himself to admit there is a problem. The GM is an idiot that will tell you one week that Weeden throws the prettiest pass in the NFL and cut him the next because he cant throw a lick. You can't expect the body to perform when the head doesn't function.

I have no idea what the problem is. Every player acts like "We're the Cowboys....you mean we are supposed to win too?? ". Its a total attitude problem. Even Witten doesn't know how to run to the yard stick on 3rd & 9. He's gonna run 8 week after week. And I'm not downing Witten. Its just another sign that this team just doesn't have what it takes.......and I don't see it turning around. 20 years is too much history to ignore. I would say I was excited about having a top 5-6 pick, but JJ will probably trade it for RGIII, Johnny Football, or Ryan Mallett. Because that would fit right in with the logic

Backup, my rear end!!!! The Cowboys don't need another "backup" ... they need another starter, at least they need to draft one and start getting him ready. The Romo debacle is nearing an end, thank goodness ....

It's been that way for several years now. Heck Garrett got the bloomin' job because Romo was injured, and Wade kept losing. Now he just sits on his hands.

Not only does Dallas have to win out but you also have Philly and Washington playing each other, so one of them gets another win. Dallas can't win all 3 games, it would be miraculous to win 2. The offense has only converted 2 of the last 20 first downs and Cassells passer rating was 41 Sunday. Sad part is the run game came to life and imagine where it would be if they actually had a vertical threat. The defense held them in the game, not a great performance but decent until the time of possession just took its toll. This is a good team, and they will be fine next year with a few new faces added. As for this year, Carolina wins the NFC period. Wouldn't matter if Dallas did get in. Thanksgiving Day with Romo was one of the worst losses of the year.

I want the number 1 pick and to take Goff with it. I know its taboo not to start a first round pick his first year but who cares, premium Qb's are rare and he is the only one coming out of the draft. Let him hold the clipboard for a year or two with Moore as the backup and get rid of Cassel. Spend the saved money on some secondary help and draft another Dlineman in the second and a RB in the third.

Big changes coming ?? JJ raising parking fees again ???

If my memory serves correct he said the same thing a few years ago. It looks like the same old same old to me. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24393181/jerry-jones-cowboys-going-forward-with-jason-garrett-in-2014 . Here's what he said in 2013 : http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1476957-firing-ryan-was-an-easy-way-for-jerry-jones-to-create-the-illusion-of-big-change . On the radio last week, Jones melodramatically overstated the issue and announced to the football world that changes were coming. I'm not convinced he knew what those changes were yet, because I'm not convinced Jones buys into that whole thinking-before-speaking thing.

If my memory serves correct he said the same thing a few years ago. It looks like the same old same old to me. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24393181/jerry-jones-cowboys-going-forward-with-jason-garrett-in-2014 . Here's what he said in 2013 : http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1476957-firing-ryan-was-an-easy-way-for-jerry-jones-to-create-the-illusion-of-big-change . On the radio last week, Jones melodramatically overstated the issue and announced to the football world that changes were coming. I'm not convinced he knew what those changes were yet, because I'm not convinced Jones buys into that whole thinking-before-speaking thing.

he just says that to try and excite people. doesn't work anymore

It's obvious there were lots of changes in the last 2 years. Different coaches and a whole slew of new players. So he stuck to his word.

It's made significant changes we've gone from 12-4 to probably 4-12 this year. Excellent job Jerry and Red.