4A Division 1 State of Texas Football Championship Argyle Eagles (14-1) vs. Waco La Vega (15-0)

ScotlandtheBrave

Argyle Eagles of Region 2 vs. Waco La Vega Pirates of Region 4  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2015 State Championship of Texas in Class 4A Division 1?

• Argyle Eagles (14-1)
    • Waco La Vega Pirates (15-0)

Hoping for a 4A Division 1 State Championship game that is worthy of the many great games that have been contested to lead up to this final matchup for 2015!! The Argyle Eagles of Region 2 will face the Waco La Vega Pirates of Region 4 in Houston at NRG stadium! Please weigh in!

http://www.uiltexas.org/football/playoff-brackets/4AD1

stadium_0.jpg

A lot of cold ice baths coming up in the Argyle locker room this weekend. The injuries are not gonna keep the players off the field. They will heal up from the bruises and dings and come ready to play. The human body on a physically fit 16-18 yr. old male is remarkably resilient. I believe the team was more dinged BEFORE the Wylie game than they will be for the State Final. Sadler played a very short time only, and receiver Scott Smith was pulled late in this game with an injury. He's probably just bruised a little. For the most part, it appears a good week of healing will be just what the doctor ordered.

A lot of cold ice baths coming up in the Argyle locker room this weekend. The injuries are not gonna keep the players off the field. They will heal up from the bruises and dings and come ready to play. The human body on a physically fit 16-18 yr. old male is remarkably resilient. I believe the team was more dinged BEFORE the Wylie game than they will be for the State Final. Sadler played a very short time only, and receiver Scott Smith was pulled late in this game with an injury. He's probably just bruised a little. For the most part, it appears a good week of healing will be just what the doctor ordered.

But will they practice? That's huge.

I really thought Argyle would beat anyone from Region 3 or 4. After how LaVega played against Carthage I think LaVega wins a close one. Argyle has a great team and a great coach. They will not be embarrassed by any team. Hoping for a close one and looking forward to being there to watch it unfold.

• Like 1

Before last night I would have taken Argyle...but after the way La Vega wood shedded Carthage I am leaning towards the Pirates. I wish I could make it to NRG Friday. Having to work for a living really stinks sometimes :( Guess I should have been born rich instead of good looking lol.

• Like 1

I really thought Argyle would beat anyone from Region 3 or 4. After how LaVega played against Carthage I think LaVega wins a close one. Argyle has a great team and a great coach. They will not be embarrassed by any team. Hoping for a close one and looking forward to being there to watch it unfold.

Et tu, Dean?

Caesar.jpg

Et tu, Dean?

Caesar.jpg

Let Vega have speed to burn they could of beat us all night in the long ball if they wanted to that's with our corners even playing ten yards off

No sir Caesar I am no Brutus. I am still pulling for Argyle but our friends from Carthage keep emphatically saying La Vega is the beast. Since they have witnessed the beast I have to start to agree their opinions.

Coach Rodgers will have his guys ready. I'm thinking Argyle wins by 3.

Perhaps if he equips his receivers with Tasers to get the LaVega Safety's & DE's to not hold onto them all the way through their routes AND Officials who will Throw a damn Flag, they will win... Otherwise, LaVega wins.
  • Like 1

Actually, the Argyle dbacks play up close to the LOS and bump the receiver on the first couple of steps. Did you watch last year's Navasota game? It took a while to get the coverages right, but the 2nd half Argyle had Navasota covered and Eppler was sacked I don't know how many times......or was running for his life. Yep, LV will hit some passes in the first half......so they better capitalize on those. Once Argyle makes the adjustments it will be a whole different scenario for LV to move the ball.

I'm not a LaVega parent, but I know several & live in the Waco area. This team has too many weapons/too much speed to be stopped. Could have beat China Spring worse in quarters, and manhandled a Carthage team that I thought would slow them down a lot.

Not too many of us centex guys on the board, so figured I'd chime in.

Well-deserved congrats to both teams on a great season. Should all be very proud.

LaVega by 21. They are the real thing.