4A Division 1 State of Texas Football Championship Argyle Eagles (14-1) vs. Waco La Vega (15-0)

ScotlandtheBrave

Argyle Eagles of Region 2 vs. Waco La Vega Pirates of Region 4  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2015 State Championship of Texas in Class 4A Division 1?

• Argyle Eagles (14-1)
    • Waco La Vega Pirates (15-0)

The sting will be short lived, but the memories will linger and be cherished for lifetimes!! Thanks to all the great teams and communities who braved so well with us during these Texas High School 4A playoffs, and thanks and hat's off to coach Todd Rodgers and our beloved Argyle Eagles! The memories that the seniors have gifted to us and more importantly that they will carry for lifetimes are astounding!:

Scottie, although I've never been to Scotland, I DO enjoy a good 18 yr. old Highland Single Malt Whiskey served "on the rocks!"
  • Like 2

I have refrained from even saying anything as needed to get some clearance from his dad. I have seen some posts (on other threads) about how inept Argyles offense was. One HUGE reason for that was that our most dynamic player, Drew Estrada, suffered a torn Tibiofibular ligament in his knee with 2 mins left in the AW game. It is amazing that the kid was even able to tough it out and play but he did. The first time he even tested it was during warm ups yesterday afternoon. He means so much to our team. He kicks off (always through the endzone) punts, plays RB, returns kicks, and even plays defense. He gutted that game out (even punted) but was in a ton of pain. He clearly could not cut but hung in there the entire game. He even made an awesome 40 yd catch. I am not posting this as an excuse. We clearly lost to La Vega. I am mostly pointing this out to give him the credit that he deserves. He was in huge pain, was not himself, but played through it. So proud of him and our boys. I am sure there will be those on this thread that question my motive for posting this but if you have seen Argyle play this year, you would understand what that kid means to our team. I'm sure our Celina neighbors would attest.

• Like 1

I have refrained from even saying anything as needed to get some clearance from his dad. I have seen some posts (on other threads) about how inept Argyles offense was. One HUGE reason for that was that our most dynamic player, Drew Estrada, suffered a torn Tibiofibular ligament in his knee with 2 mins left in the AW game. It is amazing that the kid was even able to tough it out and play but he did. The first time he even tested it was during warm ups yesterday afternoon. He means so much to our team. He kicks off (always through the endzone) punts, plays RB, returns kicks, and even plays defense. He gutted that game out (even punted) but was in a ton of pain. He clearly could not cut but hung in there the entire game. He even made an awesome 40 yd catch. I am not posting this as an excuse. We clearly lost to La Vega. I am mostly pointing this out to give him the credit that he deserves. He was in huge pain, was not himself, but played through it. So proud of him and our boys. I am sure there will be those on this thread that question my motive for posting this but if you have seen Argyle play this year, you would understand what that kid means to our team. I'm sure our Celina neighbors would attest.

Tough kid. Sounds like he showed a lot of guts playing through that injury. Says a lot about this kid and the program overall. Nobody has discounted Argyle on this thread. The game was on TV for all to see. I was very impressed with Argyle's D. I took there offense with a grain of salt due to the fact they were playing such a strong defensive team in La Vega. I do somewhat question your motive for posting this. Are you saying Argyle would have won the game with Estrada at 100%? That's not really fair to La Vega. That would be like saying if La Vega didn't turn the ball over 4 times it woulda been a 21 point game, and that wouldn't be fair to Argyle. It is what it is that late in the season. Carthage had 9 starters out when we played La Vega, and not 1 person used it as an excuse. As a matter of fact posters from other schools had to ask about it after Surratt said it in an interview. Argyle had a great season. They ran into a better team. It happens. Nothing but respect for Argyle.

Again. Not taking anything away from an incredibly talented La Vaga team. Had Drew been 100% there is still no guarantee Argyle beats those studs. Just wanted to let folks know what a warrior that kid was yesterday. So proud. Figured the thought would be that I am making excuses. Not even close. La Vega earned that win no doubt. Great team.

Again. Not taking anything away from an incredibly talented La Vaga team. Had Drew been 100% there is still no guarantee Argyle beats those studs. Just wanted to let folks know what a warrior that kid was yesterday. So proud. Figured the thought would be that I am making excuses. Not even close. La Vega earned that win no doubt. Great team.

Thats impressive for a kid to play through pain like that. Doing it all for his teammates, coaches, and community no doubt. I think that's par for the course with the young men in Argyle. Again, nothing but respect for yalls program. I know yall are very proud of those young men. Great season.

Wonderful player and even finer young man from all observations and reports! All the best to him, his younger brother who also plays for the Eagles, and his family in the future! Hear hear!

After watching all the SC title games this year on FSSW, I can attest that on reflection most real fans of Texas High School footaball would agree that the LV/Argyle game had the most real coaching moves going on in the contest. It was a real joy to watch for rabid football fans that recognize what's happening on those sidelines, and a real exciting outcome despite some huge mistakes.....uncharacteristic mistakes.....made by the Argyle coaching staff in the final 1:30 of the game. But those watching saw a chess match, and loved it! Two really good coaches going at it. What a truly great game.....again the best in all the finals. I really loved watching it.

Scottie, although I've never been to Scotland, I DO enjoy a good 18 yr. old Highland Single Malt Whiskey served "on the rocks!"

Perhaps some day we can toast all of these great accomplishments with a wee sip 77! Hear is to the Dawgs and the Eagles both! And to you, 68, DawgDaze, BulldogBacker, the very much missed but not forgotten "Pops" and his family, and all of the other Carthage faithful!:

May the best ye hae ivver seen be the warst ye'll ivver see.

May the moose ne'er lea' yer girnal wi a tear-drap in its ee.

May ye aye keep hail an hertie till ye'r auld eneuch tae dee.

May ye aye juist be sae happie as A wuss ye aye tae be.

The above, in translation, reads:

May the best you have ever seen be the worst you will ever see.

May the mouse never leave your grain store with a tear drop in its eye.

May you always stay hale and hearty until you are old enough to die.

May you still be as happy as I always wish you to be.

• Like 1

After watching all the SC title games this year on FSSW, I can attest that on reflection most real fans of Texas High School footaball would agree that the LV/Argyle game had the most real coaching moves going on in the contest. It was a real joy to watch for rabid football fans that recognize what's happening on those sidelines, and a real exciting outcome despite some huge mistakes.....uncharacteristic mistakes.....made by the Argyle coaching staff in the final 1:30 of the game. But those watching saw a chess match, and loved it! Two really good coaches going at it. What a truly great game.....again the best in all the finals. I really loved watching it.

Well stated sir as always!

Enjoyed the Scottie........

Indeed sir! Another marvelous year for you and Navasota and I suspect the future is very bright as well both for those Rattlers remaining and those moving on as seniors!! Will enjoy following that progress! Merry Christmas to you and OldBison and all the Navasota faithful! Until we meet again Dean!;

• Like 1

+1000. Closest game of the championships and first ever State Championship for the Pirates of Waco La Vega! Hard earned and well deserved!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone. Sad that football is over, I have met a few people from Smoaky at the games and have enjoyed the conversations that we have shared on here. My son and I were able to meet dean1345 and watch both 4A state games, very nice gentleman. Regardless of our teams success or failures, we are all just fans that have a love for the game of football!

• Like 1

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone. Sad that football is over, I have met a few people from Smoaky at the games and have enjoyed the conversations that we have shared on here. My son and I were able to meet dean1345 and watch both 4A state games, very nice gentleman. Regardless of our teams success or failures, we are all just fans that have a love for the game of football!

+1000!

Similar miraculous events transpired over a hundred years ago 68!:

http://www.history.com/topics/world-war-i/christmas-truce-of-1914

Finally have time to post..you stole my thought regal. The best team imo won the game but the discipline and coaching for Argyle

kept them in it til the end...i mean very last play.The play calling and clock management for LV on that last drive will be or should

be studied by a lot of young coaches{using old school option plays and the sideline} I wonder if putting in last years allstate safety

at the end caused the penalties for Argyle..[12 men on field] Great to see Coach W and his son win the Championship and the admiration the son has for his dad during interview. Great job both teams. Definitely the best Championship game of the year and one of the alltime best endings.

• Like 1