4A Division 1 State of Texas Football Championship Argyle Eagles (14-1) vs. Waco La Vega (15-0)

ScotlandtheBrave

Argyle Eagles of Region 2 vs. Waco La Vega Pirates of Region 4  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2015 State Championship of Texas in Class 4A Division 1?

• Argyle Eagles (14-1)
    • Waco La Vega Pirates (15-0)

Actually, the Argyle dbacks play up close to the LOS and bump the receiver on the first couple of steps. Did you watch last year's Navasota game? It took a while to get the coverages right, but the 2nd half Argyle had Navasota covered and Eppler was sacked I don't know how many times......or was running for his life. Yep, LV will hit some passes in the first half......so they better capitalize on those. Once Argyle makes the adjustments it will be a whole different scenario for LV to move the ball.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but our Offensive Line was not even close to being as good as last year as La Vega's Offensive Line. I think our running back had 3 carries for the game against Argyle. Basically your lineman and linebackers blitzed every offenseive snap. La Vega is much more balanced than we were. Coach Surratt is a great coach and they had no answers to stopping them. Think about an offense as good or better than LE and a defense as tough or better than Celina. They can be beat but it will take perfect execution and no turnovers. Good luck and I would not miss either one of these 4A games Friday.

I'm not a LaVega parent, but I know several & live in the Waco area. This team has too many weapons/too much speed to be stopped. Could have beat China Spring worse in quarters, and manhandled a Carthage team that I thought would slow them down a lot.

Not too many of us centex guys on the board, so figured I'd chime in.

Well-deserved congrats to both teams on a great season. Should all be very proud.

LaVega by 21. They are the real thing.

I see the overall sentiment here and on other boards that La Vega is just too athletic for Argyle. But please forgive us Argyllians if we don't run in fear and hide in the hills. You see for several years now we have been hearing this from posters re: teams we were about to play, and there have been many. Argyle is about to play their 48th game in three seasons and 4th state championship game in 5 years (3 in a row). Despite the success, Argyle players, coaches, and fans are used to the doubters. Seen many games won by Argyle where the losing team was walking off shaking their heads wondering how they lost. Said it before, Argyle has awesome athletes with speed, quickness and the players are always strong and in great condition. They will be uber prepared and if you happen to be beating them in at any point they will not stop coming. So Argyle shows up Friday playing against another team that has "too much speed and too many weapons to be stopped". Don't be surprised if you look up at the scoreboard at the end of the game thinking, how did they do that?

I see the overall sentiment here and on other boards that La Vega is just too athletic for Argyle. But please forgive us Argyllians if we don't run in fear and hide in the hills. You see for several years now we have been hearing this from posters re: teams we were about to play, and there have been many. Argyle is about to play their 48th game in three seasons and 4th state championship game in 5 years (3 in a row). Despite the success, Argyle players, coaches, and fans are used to the doubters. Seen many games won by Argyle where the losing team was walking off shaking their heads wondering how they lost. Said it before, Argyle has awesome athletes with speed, quickness and the players are always strong and in great condition. They will be uber prepared and if you happen to be beating them in at any point they will not stop coming. So Argyle shows up Friday playing against another team that has "too much speed and too many weapons to be stopped". Don't be surprised if you look up at the scoreboard at the end of the game thinking, how did they do that?

You make some valid points and I haven't seen Argyle play, so just going off what I know - same as you. We'll know for sure in a few days. Think we can agree that both teams def deserve to be playing for the title. Best of luck to both.

Scotty I am pulling for your Eagles. I hope your coach can come up with a scheme that will stop those speed demons from getting behind your secondary. I have no doubt your defense can stop the run. Or you can out score them. Carthage always scored when the defense made the big stop on fourth down against everyone in the playoffs, but did not do it on La Vega. You have to score when you stop them. God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

Scotty I am pulling for your Eagles. I hope your coach can come up with a scheme that will stop those speed demons from getting behind your secondary. I have no doubt your defense can stop the run. Or you can out score them. Carthage always scored when the defense made the big stop on fourth down against everyone in the playoffs, but did not do it on La Vega. You have to score when you stop them. God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

You all braved very well being down nine starters CowboyandChrist! Your support is greatly appreciated and means a lot, but even more so your benediction! Carthage Navasota 2015 is a football game for the ages! Coach Rodgers and staff will learn and apply what can be moving into this final, and they will have our beloved Eagles ready! Search on Todd Rodgers twitter for some good stuff I think you will enjoy. Carthage and Gilmer have set a bar as coaching staffs that I imagine he greatly respects along with some others. All this said any inside information you can PM on over to Regal is still greatly appreciated sir!

+1000! Very well stated! Succinct, straight forward and stirring! Viva Aguilafanático!!

After reviewing film on some of La Vega's skill players and linemen, I feel a whole lot better about Argyle's chances now. Go to Maxpreps and see for yourself. IMHO, I would say LE, Abilene Wylie, Kennedale, and even Pitt were more formidable.......just my personal observation by looking at the clips on MaxPreps. :P :D

After reviewing film on some of La Vega's skill players and linemen, I feel a whole lot better about Argyle's chances now. Go to Maxpreps and see for yourself. IMHO, I would say LE, Abilene Wylie, Kennedale, and even Pitt were more formidable.......just my personal observation by looking at the clips on MaxPreps. :P :D

I have no answer how in the world Carthage had no answer for LV.......unless this team has morphed in one week. They really haven't squashed any team in the playoffs until Carthage. They have won by a few scores only.

Looks to me like their skill players do well in space running the ball, but nothing Argyle can't keep up with or handle. Argyle has seen lines bigger and more powerful than La Vega shows. I think there will be alot of surprised fans that believe LV will take it to Argyle......and they won't. In fact, sounds like many of these LV supporters live in Central and South Texas.....Regions 3 and 4. This is their team to represent their region......just like Fairfield in 2013. But I think that Fairfield team was very legitimate. Not so sure about this LV team being that good......just saying, folks.

Looks to me like their skill players do well in space running the ball, but nothing Argyle can't keep up with or handle. Argyle has seen lines bigger and more powerful than La Vega shows. I think there will be alot of surprised fans that believe LV will take it to Argyle......and they won't. In fact, sounds like many of these LV supporters live in Central and South Texas.....Regions 3 and 4. This is their team to represent their region......just like Fairfield in 2013. But I think that Fairfield team was very legitimate. Not so sure about this LV team being that good......just saying, folks.

Confidence is a wonderful thing... Too much of it can be disastrous.............

Speaking of which Dawg, can you go to work and make sure that Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, and Ronnie Milsap are otherwise preoccupied when the crew for this tilt is chosen? LOL.

Scotty, it wouldn't surprise me In The LEAST to find out the Three Blind Zebras have a package deal of calling multiple LaVega playoff games! That was one of THE worst( or Best) jobs of Officiating that money can buy!😤
  • Like 1

Hey CarthDawg77.......have you seen Argyle play recently, or even seen any film on Sweatt, Estrada, McCook, Chalk, and Ledford??? How about Argyle's tenacious defense??? How about Argyle's superior kicking game that consistently gives them great field position??? How about their secondary and linebacker corp???

I think you have been too busy following your Carthage Dawgs and really have no answer for why your Dawgs didn't perform up to their level the other night. I will predict La Vega has tons of trouble with Argyle......TONS. In fact, the Eagles may just score a whole bunch of points on this defense. That's my opinion after viewing their lines and athletes. They can be beaten, and just so happens Argyle has just the personnel to do it. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Scotty, it wouldn't surprise me In The LEAST to find out the Three Blind Zebras have a package deal of calling multiple LaVega playoff games! That was one of THE worst( or Best) jobs of Officiating that money can buy!

Check out this video 77!:

http://www.totalprosports.com/2015/08/14/referee-pass-interference-packer-patriots/

(it takes a few seconds to load underneath the still image)

blind-referees.png

Hey CarthDawg77.......have you seen Argyle play recently, or even seen any film on Sweatt, Estrada, McCook, Chalk, and Ledford??? How about Argyle's tenacious defense??? How about Argyle's superior kicking game that consistently gives them great field position??? How about their secondary and linebacker corp???

I think you have been too busy following your Carthage Dawgs and really have no answer for why your Dawgs didn't perform up to their level the other night. I will predict La Vega has tons of trouble with Argyle......TONS. In fact, the Eagles may just score a whole bunch of points on this defense. That's my opinion after viewing their lines and athletes. They can be beaten, and just so happens Argyle has just the personnel to do it. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Hey Reagle... Don't think for a moment that I Want LaVega to beat Argyle, because I don't; I'm just telling you that they shouldn't be taken lightly. They are quick & their D is very good. By the way... I don't smoke!😋