4A Division 1 State of Texas Football Championship Argyle Eagles (14-1) vs. Waco La Vega (15-0)

ScotlandtheBrave

Argyle Eagles of Region 2 vs. Waco La Vega Pirates of Region 4  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2015 State Championship of Texas in Class 4A Division 1?

• Argyle Eagles (14-1)
    • Waco La Vega Pirates (15-0)

I have no answer how in the world Carthage had no answer for LV.......unless this team has morphed in one week. They really haven't squashed any team in the playoffs until Carthage. They have won by a few scores only.

I think that Argyle gets a very strong nod regarding strength of schedule and opponents Regal, other than Carthage. Also, I understand that Carthage was pretty battered going in to the semi with nine starters down, but is just not in the habit of making excuses Regal. Back when Gilmer had Luke Turner go down which most would have gone on and on about and likely folded their tents on, they were the same and made no excuses either. Instead they just proceeded to almost win the whole thing in his honor. La Vega's schedule here: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/la-vega-pirates-%28waco,tx%29/football/schedule.htm

I am enjoying the posts you are coming up with 77......Pops left some pretty big shoes to fill in Smoaky posterdom, but you are doing good work here!

I guess I came aboard SDC too late to have read any of Pops' material, but I gather from other's kind words about him that he was a character who was admired & well thought of, & therefore I am both honored for the compliment, & saddened by arriving here too late to have have had a conversation with him.

As I have stated on here before, I enjoy trying to bring a smile to people & bring perhaps a different perspective to whatever topic is being discussed. Sometimes, folks take what I say the wrong way, & yes Sometimes they take them Exactly the way I intended them to be taken, & I have been to Shawshank because of it; Twice!

I enjoy discussing my beloved Carthage Bulldogs with others who love Their team just as much.

I also have NO PROBLEM practicing my right to Free Speech & This too ruffles the feathers of folks with differing views, but to ME, open discussion is a healthy thing. I find it better to say what is on your mind aloud(or in print) and let people Know where you stand , than to get the wrong Idea by "wondering what they think!" Nothing gets solved by silence & brooding, but sadly, these days, some folks just get their little feelings hurt by comments on a message board!

I guess I came aboard SDC too late to have read any of Pops' material, but I gather from other's kind words about him that he was a character who was admired & well thought of, & therefore I am both honored for the compliment, & saddened by arriving here too late to have have had a conversation with him.

As I have stated on here before, I enjoy trying to bring a smile to people & bring perhaps a different perspective to whatever topic is being discussed. Sometimes, folks take what I say the wrong way, & yes Sometimes they take them Exactly the way I intended them to be taken, & I have been to Shawshank because of it; Twice!

I enjoy discussing my beloved Carthage Bulldogs with others who love Their team just as much.

I also have NO PROBLEM practicing my right to Free Speech & This too ruffles the feathers of folks with differing views, but to ME, open discussion is a healthy thing. I find it better to say what is on your mind aloud(or in print) and let people Know where you stand , than to get the wrong Idea by "wondering what they think!" Nothing gets solved by silence & brooding, but sadly, these days, some folks just get their little feelings hurt by comments on a message board!

+1000! Well said 77!

Check out this list of Waco notables jackpots!:

Notable people Sports Pro baseball players from Waco Movies and television Music Politics Other

Shawshank? Lol! Here is one in honor of your redemption 77!:

gee scottie.....look at how many more people they have

Check out this list of Waco notables jackpots!:

Notable people Sports Pro baseball players from Waco Movies and television Music Politics Other

Guess what??? There is a filmclip of the entire LV/Carthage game on the "other"(Texas Down Low) forum for any of those that wish to watch it. It's on the Argyle/La Vega thread......naturally. After watching the game, I came away with some conclusions. Number One.....Blisset had a TERRIBLE game. Secondly, he's not very fleet of foot. All of LV's skill players ARE fleet of foot and basically outran the DAWGS players to the corners and seams. Also got some easy plays from a suspect DAWGS secondary. Argyle is bigger on the lines than LV. Argyle is much faster than Carthage. LV should pose problems in space one on one IF help does not arrive quickly. Shut down LV's ability to run the corners and you've shut down half their offense. Argyle has a great set of linebackers. The LV qb is not that accurate. Blisset was anything but accurate in this game. Need I go on, folks. Go watch it for yourself. Argyle wins this one in a shocker to everyone but North Texas fans that have seen Argyle play a gauntlet thru the playoffs this season. I believe LE is better than LV. Wylie could possibly give LV all it could handle. And certainly Kennedale could. It could turn out to be a very offensive shootout style affair, or it could turn out to be a defensive battle. Obviously, LV got so far ahead in this game that they really didn't need to pass very much in the 2nd half. And Carthage was forced to pass on just about every down, so that was somewhat easier for LV to defend.

Guess what??? There is a filmclip of the entire LV/Carthage game on the "other"(Texas Down Low) forum for any of those that wish to watch it. It's on the Argyle/La Vega thread......naturally. After watching the game, I came away with some conclusions. Number One.....Blisset had a TERRIBLE game. Secondly, he's not very fleet of foot. All of LV's skill players ARE fleet of foot and basically outran the DAWGS players to the corners and seams. Also got some easy plays from a suspect DAWGS secondary. Argyle is bigger on the lines than LV. Argyle is much faster than Carthage. LV should pose problems in space one on one IF help does not arrive quickly. Shut down LV's ability to run the corners and you've shut down half their offense. Argyle has a great set of linebackers. The LV qb is not that accurate. Blisset was anything but accurate in this game. Need I go on, folks. Go watch it for yourself. Argyle wins this one in a shocker to everyone but North Texas fans that have seen Argyle play a gauntlet thru the playoffs this season. I believe LE is better than LV. Wylie could possibly give LV all it could handle. And certainly Kennedale could. It could turn out to be a very offensive shootout style affair, or it could turn out to be a defensive battle. Obviously, LV got so far ahead in this game that they really didn't need to pass very much in the 2nd half. And Carthage was forced to pass on just about every down, so that was somewhat easier for LV to defend.

Outstanding observations Regal! +1000! However, this one became a forgone conclusion three posts up as jackpots has rendered his time honored opinion at which time it became Hasta La Vega Baby! How bout that jackpots THE Greek of Gilmer, and how bout that Regal, that Fanático, AND how bout them Argyle Eagles?!?

I sat through the entire game. I wouldn't care to watch it again, thanks...
  • Like 1

What page if you don't mind?

When your running game get's shutdown and you fall being a couple of touchdowns you are forced to pass. Blissett had been passing quite well in the previous 4 playoff games. If I watched the film clip of Argyle vs. Celina would I speculate Argyle was outmanned? I think both teqms deserved to be playing for the championship and let the cards fall as they may. Good luck to both teams and both are winners.

Can't really compare that game vs Celina so early in the season for any team at this late date. All that matters now is how the teams are playing at this stage of the season......and what kind of injuries may have knocked out any key players last week. As far as I know, no key players are missing from the rosters of either team for this State Championship game. In other words, both teams are relatively healthy with their starters ready to play.