4A Division 1 State of Texas Football Championship Argyle Eagles (14-1) vs. Waco La Vega (15-0)

ScotlandtheBrave

Argyle Eagles of Region 2 vs. Waco La Vega Pirates of Region 4  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2015 State Championship of Texas in Class 4A Division 1?

• Argyle Eagles (14-1)
    • Waco La Vega Pirates (15-0)

And I own a roofing company and climb steep roofs to measure them at my age.....all the time. I'm 5-10, 165 and in excellent condition. I work every day. Last time I golfed was 2 months ago......shot a 82. Before that it was about 6 weeks.....shot an even 80. I've been golfing since I was 14. But I don't golf near as much as I would like to......kind of like you and your Bass Tracker boat.

I bet you have a foot wedge in that golf bag?

I typically use 3 wedges......a 48 pitching wedge, a 52 gap, and a 56 sand wedge. I don't need to cheat on the golf course.....you would only be cheating yourself.

Well stated Regal. I on the other hand have become so used to shaving strokes that when I got a hole in one last week I wrote down a zero on the scorecard just out of force of habit!

499642661ce8206ae68db353ea78406f.jpg

• Like 1

But I will gladly tee it up with you and encourage you to bring your best game to the course with you. I just happen to be a very avid golfer for my age.....want to try me on for a hundred?

Hold on Regal.....you may want to get jackpots in on this as well!! He is an sought after expert on expanding the winnings far past the straight up bet sir!

20141029_-_golden_tour.png

Music to help get through the long week!:

Scotty, My sister married a fellow once (one of several) & during that time, his father passed away & we all attended his funeral, at which a Scottish Piper was there in full regalia to play a couple of songs, Amazing Grace & another which I can't remember now, on his pipes. A well piped "Amazing Grace" never fails to send a chill up the spine, as well as a tear to the eye!

Anyway, the piper finished his songs, at which time some pre-recorded music was played over the sound system; first song... " Hey Mista Talley Man, Talley me Banana!" Yep! Segwayed from the beauty & somberness of the pipes directly into "The Banana Boat Song!" To this day, I don't have a complete grasp of the significance! "Day-Oh! Day-OhIh-Oh O!" 😜

• Like 1

Scotty, My sister married a fellow once (one of several) & during that time, his father passed away & we all attended his funeral, at which a Scottish Piper was there in full regalia to play a couple of songs, Amazing Grace & another which I can't remember now, on his pipes. A well piped "Amazing Grace" never fails to send a chill up the spine, as well as a tear to the eye!

Anyway, the piper finished his songs, at which time some pre-recorded music was played over the sound system; first song... " Hey Mista Talley Man, Talley me Banana!" Yep! Segwayed from the beauty & somberness of the pipes directly into "The Banana Boat Song!" To this day, I don't have a complete grasp of the significance! "Day-Oh! Day-OhIh-Oh O!" 😜

+1000! Outstanding sir!

That is a great story and a bit of a head scratcher indeed! They had a very difficult time when they tried to bury that guy who authored the Hokey Pokey song as you can imagine! Here is another rendition you might enjoy 77!:

Argyle vs Navasota from last season today at 3 pm on FSSW. I think Argyle wins this one, but something happens and the game goes into double overtime. The result is a win for the Rattlers and a travesty for officiating at the Texas High School Football playoffs to end the season.......in front of the football world in JerryWorld. Navasota becomes everybody's darling and Argyle endures heartache and agony. We are all reminded that LIFE is not fair.

Argyle vs Navasota from last season today at 3 pm on FSSW. I think Argyle wins this one, but something happens and the game goes into double overtime. The result is a win for the Rattlers and a travesty for officiating at the Texas High School Football playoffs to end the season.......in front of the football world in JerryWorld. Navasota becomes everybody's darling and Argyle endures heartache and agony. We are all reminded that LIFE is not fair.

Lol!

Offensive Player of the Year Quardraiz Wadley, Kennedale

Defensive Player of the Year Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau

FIRST-TEAM OFFENSE

Linemen:

Cagan Baldree, Carthage, Sr. 96 percent grade, 55 pancakes, no sacks allowed in 340 pass attempts

Andrew Flanagan, Kennedale, Soph. 58 pancakes, 15 cut blocks, no sacks allowed, off. averaged 474 rush yds/gm

Haden Haas, Cuero, Jr. 97 percent grade, 93 knockdowns, 31 pancakes

Blake Hickey, Godley, Sr. 96 percent grade, 52 pancakes, no sacks allowed

Dre Tennison, Gladewater, Jr. 94 percent grade, 72 pancakes, 53 knockdowns, no sacks allowed, off. 3,147 rush yds

Receivers/ends:

TrenDavian Dickson, Navasota, Sr. 66-1,191, 20 TDs

Michael Lawrence, Sweetwater, Sr. 73-1,154, 18 TDs

Quarterback:

KeMon Freeman, Liberty-Eylau, Sr. 169-1,407, 21 TDs rush; 162-263-2,813, 22 TDs passing, 5 INTs

Running backs:

J.K. Dobbins, La Grange, Jr. 244-2,453, 32 TDs

Daequan Jones, La Marque, Sr. 252-2,042, 16 TDs

Quardraiz Wadley, Kennedale, Sr. 190-2,220, 43 TDs

Kicker:

Caleb Holt, Argyle, Sr. 11-11 FGs, long of 45, 58-58 PATs

FIRST-TEAM DEFENSE

Linemen:

Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, Jr. 125 tackles, 12 sacks, 25 TFL, 2 blocked kicks, 2 PBU

Keyuntea Kinney, Atlanta, Sr. 84 solo tackles, 34 TFL, 12 sacks, 9 FF, 2 FR

Braden Price, Levelland, Jr. 88 tackles, 23 TFL, 4 sacks, 3 FF, 2 PBU

Raul Villareal, Port Isabel, Sr. 90 tackles, 12 sacks, 12 TFL, 5 FF, 1 FR

Linebackers:

Darrin Bradley, Houston Wheatley, Jr. 152 tackles, 14 sacks, 7 FR

Baron Browning, Kennedale, Jr. 55 tackles, 6 TFL, 2 FF, 2 PBU, 2 FR, 2 INTs, 2 defensive TDs

Robert Culbreth, Madisonville, Sr. 133 tackles, 5 sacks, 18 TFL, 3 FR, 3 FF, 3 PBU

Defensive backs:

Demarkus Acy, Wilmer-Hutchins, Sr. 146 tackles, 7 TFL, 2 INTs, 29 PBU

Michael Green, Sweetwater, Jr. 42 tackles, 7 INTs, 14 PBU

Edwin Hayes, Coldspring-Oakhurst, Sr. 82 tackles, 8 INTs, 3 INT returns for TD, 2 FR, 3 punt returns for TDs

Cameron Weiss, Mineral Wells, Jr. 80 tackles, 5 INTs, 17 PBU, 2 TFL, 2 FF, 2 sacks

Punter:

Scott Deal, Spring Hill Avg. 43 yards on 30 punts, long of 68, 9 punts of 50 or more

Read More: Liberty-Eylaus Lagaryonn Carson Defensive Player of Year on APSE Class 4A All-State Football Team | http://etsn.fm/liberty-eylaus-lagaryonn-carson-defensive-player-of-year-on-apse-class-4a-all-state-football-team/?trackback=tsmclip

• Like 1

Offensive Player of the Year Quardraiz Wadley, Kennedale

Defensive Player of the Year Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau

FIRST-TEAM OFFENSE

Linemen:

Cagan Baldree, Carthage, Sr. 96 percent grade, 55 pancakes, no sacks allowed in 340 pass attempts

Andrew Flanagan, Kennedale, Soph. 58 pancakes, 15 cut blocks, no sacks allowed, off. averaged 474 rush yds/gm

Haden Haas, Cuero, Jr. 97 percent grade, 93 knockdowns, 31 pancakes

Blake Hickey, Godley, Sr. 96 percent grade, 52 pancakes, no sacks allowed

Dre Tennison, Gladewater, Jr. 94 percent grade, 72 pancakes, 53 knockdowns, no sacks allowed, off. 3,147 rush yds

Receivers/ends:

TrenDavian Dickson, Navasota, Sr. 66-1,191, 20 TDs

Michael Lawrence, Sweetwater, Sr. 73-1,154, 18 TDs

Quarterback:

KeMon Freeman, Liberty-Eylau, Sr. 169-1,407, 21 TDs rush; 162-263-2,813, 22 TDs passing, 5 INTs

Running backs:

J.K. Dobbins, La Grange, Jr. 244-2,453, 32 TDs

Daequan Jones, La Marque, Sr. 252-2,042, 16 TDs

Quardraiz Wadley, Kennedale, Sr. 190-2,220, 43 TDs

Kicker:

Caleb Holt, Argyle, Sr. 11-11 FGs, long of 45, 58-58 PATs

FIRST-TEAM DEFENSE

Linemen:

Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, Jr. 125 tackles, 12 sacks, 25 TFL, 2 blocked kicks, 2 PBU

Keyuntea Kinney, Atlanta, Sr. 84 solo tackles, 34 TFL, 12 sacks, 9 FF, 2 FR

Braden Price, Levelland, Jr. 88 tackles, 23 TFL, 4 sacks, 3 FF, 2 PBU

Raul Villareal, Port Isabel, Sr. 90 tackles, 12 sacks, 12 TFL, 5 FF, 1 FR

Linebackers:

Darrin Bradley, Houston Wheatley, Jr. 152 tackles, 14 sacks, 7 FR

Baron Browning, Kennedale, Jr. 55 tackles, 6 TFL, 2 FF, 2 PBU, 2 FR, 2 INTs, 2 defensive TDs

Robert Culbreth, Madisonville, Sr. 133 tackles, 5 sacks, 18 TFL, 3 FR, 3 FF, 3 PBU

Defensive backs:

Demarkus Acy, Wilmer-Hutchins, Sr. 146 tackles, 7 TFL, 2 INTs, 29 PBU

Michael Green, Sweetwater, Jr. 42 tackles, 7 INTs, 14 PBU

Edwin Hayes, Coldspring-Oakhurst, Sr. 82 tackles, 8 INTs, 3 INT returns for TD, 2 FR, 3 punt returns for TDs

Cameron Weiss, Mineral Wells, Jr. 80 tackles, 5 INTs, 17 PBU, 2 TFL, 2 FF, 2 sacks

Punter:

Scott Deal, Spring Hill Avg. 43 yards on 30 punts, long of 68, 9 punts of 50 or more

Read More: Liberty-Eylaus Lagaryonn Carson Defensive Player of Year on APSE Class 4A All-State Football Team | http://etsn.fm/liberty-eylaus-lagaryonn-carson-defensive-player-of-year-on-apse-class-4a-all-state-football-team/?trackback=tsmclip

Congrats to all concerned 92!!!

Pulling for Argyle but a little concerned after a Carthage loss of that magnitude in playoffs as previously stated..These 2 4A games are gonna be carbon copys of style and personnel,sounds like LaVega may be closer to Navasota speed from 3yrs ago and if so there won't be much Argyle can do..blinding speed ..ask Gilmer..if not as fast as advertised then Argyle by 7

Pulling for Argyle but a little concerned after a Carthage loss of that magnitude in playoffs as previously stated..These 2 4A games are gonna be carbon copys of style and personnel,sounds like LaVega may be closer to Navasota speed from 3yrs ago and if so there won't be much Argyle can do..blinding speed ..ask Gilmer..if not as fast as advertised then Argyle by 7

Greetings Playmaker! Thanks for the great input as always! I am a little vexed however that with so much Olympic sprinter speed, how did a team like Liberty Hill hold this group of 22 plus Bob Hayes's to just six points in OT, along with many other examples on their 2015 schedule? I think Cartgage was hurting with nine starters down and didn't play to their ability at all.

Greetings Playmaker! Thanks for the great input as always! I am a little vexed however that with so much Olympic sprinter speed, how did a team like Liberty Hill hold this group of 22 plus Bob Hayes's to just six points in OT, along with many other examples on their 2015 schedule? I think Cartgage was hurting with nine starters down and didn't play to their ability at all.

I can certainly understand the knee jerk sentiment after the beat down LV put on Carthage however, seems to me many are basing their opinions on this game mostly on LV's game vs Carthage and not considering Argyle's "body of work" in these playoffs. Argyle has taken out some 4A monsters in consecutive weeks including Pitt, Kennedale, LE, and Wylie. All were sporting records of at least 12 wins and all had state championship pedigree this year. If any of those 4 were playing this week vs LV, I suggest there would be significant debate as to which team would win. Carthage was clearly not themselves in that game, watch the video. Yes LV had something to do with that but let's not discount that Argyle has been consistently beating some of the best in these playoffs.

• Like 1

Anyway, the piper finished his songs, at which time some pre-recorded music was played over the sound system; first song... " Hey Mista Talley Man, Talley me Banana!" Yep! Segwayed from the beauty & somberness of the pipes directly into "The Banana Boat Song!" To this day, I don't have a complete grasp of the significance! "Day-Oh! Day-OhIh-Oh O!"

Here is one that I am certain you will enjoy 77!:

http://youtu.be/xr6BQ9mcxXs