WOS vs Celina at NRG

chukslegacy

West Orange-Stark vs Celina  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

What is so comical is that the defeat of Celina was never an impossibility, and the disrespect that everyone showed toward the West Orange-Stark team, was pretty disgusting. So, when WOS wins, and crows about it to the nay sayers, they don't like it. The fact is, if they played tomorrow, the results would be the same. haha.

That's just Celina! You can beat them by 50 with all the starters and there will always be an excuse. The bottom line is the speed of the game has caught up with them and the region they played in eventually hurts them. I seen it catch up with Argyle this year.

• Like 1

If I understand correctly, Stark went 30 years since winning a title, therefore Celina, who has won titles Many times, & was going for their Eighth Championship, understandably was expecting the win, as was almost everyone else besides the WOS faithful. The fact that the Celina QB was injured is just one of those unfortunate blows that turn the tide of things in Games. Celina may well have been the team that was going to win, but the QB going out shifted the outcome to Stark's favor. The best team playing at the final buzzer Won the game.

If I understand correctly, Stark went 30 years since winning a title, therefore Celina, who has won titles Many times, & was going for their Eighth Championship, understandably was expecting the win, as was almost everyone else besides the WOS faithful. The fact that the Celina QB was injured is just one of those unfortunate blows that turn the tide of things in Games. Celina may well have been the team that was going to win, but the QB going out shifted the outcome to Stark's favor. The best team playing at the final buzzer Won the game.

Yeah it has been 30 years since they won state, but they have been to the finals 3 times since then, and they have been in the playoffs almost every year, and have one of the highest win percentages in the state. But, guess what? A ship doesn't sail on yesterday's wind.

By the way, Stark High School was dissolved in 1976, and the Texas State School Board made West Orange Consolidated School district accept all of the former Stark students, The high school is called West Orange-Stark, but the school district is West Orange Consolidated Independent School District.

Watching the replay on Fox Southwest right now. I had forgot just how much WOS dominated this game. And, being at the game, I never saw a closeup of the Celina Coach. He is pumped up. Reminds me of the steroid users I have seen at the gym. I would not think he is doing roids, though, as he has to set a good example for his team.

Do they drug test at high school level?

Yes yall were beating Gilmer easily at half this year game I did not attend.

That happens when a team thinks it is over, and quits taking the other team seriously. You have to play 4 quarters. While I am at it, I will also say that to win, you must have a complete team, meaning, you must have back ups that can perform the job. On top of that, the team must have confidence in each other, as well as the back ups. The championship is a team sport, and should not rely on 1 or 2 players. Notice that as good as West Orange-Stark was this year, that none of the players made the state team. That is because there was not a stand out player, accumulating a large yardage rushing, receptions, tackles, etc, That is because every player contributed. This years team was the most complete team I have ever seen.

^^^^Waco LaVega was a complete team as well. Knowing very little about them, I watched highlights of some of their games & it appeared that OU commit Parrish Cobb was their standout player that Carthage would have to contain in order to beat them. As it turned out, they had Several players who could hurt you if you didn't cover them, & Cobb still scored twice. Oh, and the Pirate Defense wasn't too shabby either... They shut the Carthage Offense DOWN!

That happens when a team thinks it is over, and quits taking the other team seriously. You have to play 4 quarters. While I am at it, I will also say that to win, you must have a complete team, meaning, you must have back ups that can perform the job. On top of that, the team must have confidence in each other, as well as the back ups. The championship is a team sport, and should not rely on 1 or 2 players. Notice that as good as West Orange-Stark was this year, that none of the players made the state team. That is because there was not a stand out player, accumulating a large yardage rushing, receptions, tackles, etc, That is because every player contributed. This years team was the most complete team I have ever seen.

So last year WO-S thought the game was over, and stopped taking Gilmer seriously? Are you kidding? They stopped taking one of, if not, the premier program in 4a seriously? Ok I have heard it all from you guys. That one just sealed it. Most delusional posters I have ever seen. What happened was Gilmer woke up in the 2nd half last year. That was one of the best teams Gilmer ever had, and possibly one of the all time best offenses in 4a. I'm pretty sure set the scoring record that year.

So last year WO-S thought the game was over, and stopped taking Gilmer seriously? Are you kidding? They stopped taking one of, if not, the premier program in 4a seriously? Ok I have heard it all from you guys. That one just sealed it. Most delusional posters I have ever seen. What happened was Gilmer woke up in the 2nd half last year. That was one of the best teams Gilmer ever had, and possibly one of the all time best offenses in 4a. I'm pretty sure set the scoring record that year.

WOS had run over everyone all year, and Gilmer did not show to be any different the first half of the game. You had a team loaded with Sophomore players, including the QB, after losing the top 2 starting QB, they went down and pulled Jack Dallas up from JV. Yes, a young team that had run over everyone, and saw nothing different with Gilmer the first half, due to inexperience, that the game was already over, and began making mistakes. If you watched the game, and had watched WOS in prior games, it was quite evident. Gilmer never changed what they were doing, but WOS dropped the level of play. a bunch of young WOS players learned a hard lesson. This was the young WOS players, not the coaches.

That year Navasota had the #1 offense and #2 defense. I do not think Gilmer has been beaten like that in a decade.

They were definitely a dominant team. They absolutely dominated us in that game. We were pretty surprised to be there that year, to be honest. We were overwhelmed to say the least.

WOS had run over everyone all year, and Gilmer did not show to be any different the first half of the game. You had a team loaded with Sophomore players, including the QB, after losing the top 2 starting QB, they went down and pulled Jack Dallas up from JV. Yes, a young team that had run over everyone, and saw nothing different with Gilmer the first half, due to inexperience, that the game was already over, and began making mistakes. If you watched the game, and had watched WOS in prior games, it was quite evident. Gilmer never changed what they were doing, but WOS dropped the level of play. a bunch of young WOS players learned a hard lesson. This was the young WOS players, not the coaches.

Ok, whatever you say. WO-S got out scored 28-0 in the 2nd half, you can spin it whatever way you want.

Best 4A team in my opinion was Navasota in 2012 who was the SC. They were the real deal!!!

Give me Carthage 2008 or 2013. But I'm a homer. Navasota was really good that year. But there offense in 2012 was no better than Gilmer in 2014. In my original post I didn't say Gilmer had the best team ever in 2014, I said they had one of the best offenses. But since we are talking best ever I don't see many teams in the history of 4a (3a) beating Carthage in 2008 or 2013 late in the playoffs. Those teams were loaded with D1 talent with a great coach. But when you talk best ever Navasota 2012 is defintley in the conversation.

Give me Carthage 2008 or 2013. But I'm a homer. Navasota was really good that year. But there offense in 2012 was no better than Gilmer in 2014. In my original post I didn't say Gilmer had the best team ever in 2014, I said they had one of the best offenses. But since we are talking best ever I don't see many teams in the history of 4a (3a) beating Carthage in 2008 or 2013 late in the playoffs. Those teams were loaded with D1 talent with a great coach. But when you talk best ever Navasota 2012 is defintley in the conversation.

I think the Navasota 12' team 7 played / plays D1 college football.

They were definitely a dominant team. They absolutely dominated us in that game. We were pretty surprised to be there that year, to be honest. We were overwhelmed to say the least.

I remember your playoff games in '12 before the Championship Game were blow outs. I know as a fan I was very worried about the Buckeyes!

I remember your playoff games in '12 before the Championship Game were blow outs. I know as a fan I was very worried about the Buckeyes!

We couldn't match the emotion shown by the Rattlers that day. They showed raw emotion throughout. We had a much easier path to the championship game than Navasota had for sure. I thought we had at least a puncher's chance at the upset, but the events of that week prior to the game didn't help us for sure. I still thought the game would be a lot closer, within maybe a couple of TDs. Navasota was just too much for us that day.

Don't mean to hurt your feelings but the Navasota team from 2012 would totally dominate Carthage team of 2013 HOMER, and Kilgore wasn't that impressive in the SC game either. be glad Carthage has a title in the last 5 years cause I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Top winning programs!!! sorry carthage fans, you have to look towards the bottom to find out where the bulldogs rank!!

ALL Programs UIL and Private included.

Katy and Argyle playing 77 games out of a maximum possible 80 is pretty amazing.

1. Katy 73-4

2. Allen 72-3

3. ARGYLE 70-7

4. GILMER 68-6

5. Aledo 68-7

6. Cibolo Steele 68-7

7. Refugio 66-7

8. Navasota 65-5

9. Cedar Park 64-11

10. Albany 63-7

11. Cisco 62-6

12. Lake Travis 62-7

13. Manvel 62-9

14. West Orange-Stark 62-11

15. Cameron Yoe 62-12

16. Wall 61-7

17. Southlake Carroll 61-8

18. Canadian 61-9

19. Mason 60-5

20. East Bernard 60-8

21. Dallas Skyline 60-9

22. Stamford 59-10

23. Shallowater 58-10

24. Spring Westfield 57-10-1

25. Houston Lamar 57-9

26. Celina 57-10

27. Waskom 57-10

28. Franklin 57-10

29. Denton Guyer 57-13

30. Muenster 56-10

31. Eastland 56-10

32. Falls City 56-11

33. Bremond 56-13

34. Cedar Hill 56-15

35. Crawford 55-9

36. Euless Trinity 55-10

37. San Antonio Brennan 55-10

38. Waco Midway 55-12

39. Wellington 55-12

40. Pottsboro 54-8

41. Pearland 54-11

42. De Soto 54-12

43. Dallas Christian 54-12

44. Newton 54-14

45. Mart 54-14

46. Shiner 54-15

47. Tenaha 54-15

48. Highland Park 53-9

49. Canyon Randall 53-11

50. Sinton 53-13

51. Sonora 53-15

52. Galena Park North Shore 53-15

53. San Antonio Reagan 52-10

54. Longview 52-13

55. Carthage 52-18

56. Mission Sharyland 51-11

57. San Antonio Brandeis 51-13

58. Corpus Christi Calallen 51-14

59. Hallettsville 51-15

60. Pearland Dawson 51-16

61. Midland Christian 51-15

62. Prestonwood Christian 51-15

63. Tyler John Tyler 51-17

64. Wolfforth Frenship 50-11

65. Alto 50-13

66. La Marque 50-14

67. Bellville 50-14

68. Fairfield 50-13

69. Converse Judson 50-17

Don't mean to hurt your feelings but the Navasota team from 2012 would totally dominate Carthage team of 2013 HOMER, and Kilgore wasn't that impressive in the SC game either. be glad Carthage has a title in the last 5 years cause I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Hahaha. You guys get more delusional by the post. Carthage had 9 starters out, and won Region 3 this year. You give us a healthy team and we would've had a great chance this season. What are you basing your statement that Carthage won't win state in the next 5 years? You are dreaming if you think that's the case. We have a loaded class of sophomores coming up. Anyway doesn't matter. Your just trying to get a rise outta me with dumb comments. As far as your statement about Carthage 2013 getting dominated, once again that's just a dumb. No team in the history of 4a (3a) would "dominate" that team. I ain't saying they were the best of all time but they were pretty salty. That team was as polished a team on the offensive side of the ball as you will see at any level of HS football.

Top winning programs!!! sorry carthage fans, you have to look towards the bottom to find out where the bulldogs rank!!

ALL Programs UIL and Private included.

Katy and Argyle playing 77 games out of a maximum possible 80 is pretty amazing.

1. Katy 73-4

2. Allen 72-3

3. ARGYLE 70-7

4. GILMER 68-6

5. Aledo 68-7

6. Cibolo Steele 68-7

7. Refugio 66-7

8. Navasota 65-5

9. Cedar Park 64-11

10. Albany 63-7

11. Cisco 62-6

12. Lake Travis 62-7

13. Manvel 62-9

14. West Orange-Stark 62-11

15. Cameron Yoe 62-12

16. Wall 61-7

17. Southlake Carroll 61-8

18. Canadian 61-9

19. Mason 60-5

20. East Bernard 60-8

21. Dallas Skyline 60-9

22. Stamford 59-10

23. Shallowater 58-10

24. Spring Westfield 57-10-1

25. Houston Lamar 57-9

26. Celina 57-10

27. Waskom 57-10

28. Franklin 57-10

29. Denton Guyer 57-13

30. Muenster 56-10

31. Eastland 56-10

32. Falls City 56-11

33. Bremond 56-13

34. Cedar Hill 56-15

35. Crawford 55-9

36. Euless Trinity 55-10

37. San Antonio Brennan 55-10

38. Waco Midway 55-12

39. Wellington 55-12

40. Pottsboro 54-8

41. Pearland 54-11

42. De Soto 54-12

43. Dallas Christian 54-12

44. Newton 54-14

45. Mart 54-14

46. Shiner 54-15

47. Tenaha 54-15

48. Highland Park 53-9

49. Canyon Randall 53-11

50. Sinton 53-13

51. Sonora 53-15

52. Galena Park North Shore 53-15

53. San Antonio Reagan 52-10

54. Longview 52-13

55. Carthage 52-18

56. Mission Sharyland 51-11

57. San Antonio Brandeis 51-13

58. Corpus Christi Calallen 51-14

59. Hallettsville 51-15

60. Pearland Dawson 51-16

61. Midland Christian 51-15

62. Prestonwood Christian 51-15

63. Tyler John Tyler 51-17

64. Wolfforth Frenship 50-11

65. Alto 50-13

66. La Marque 50-14

67. Bellville 50-14

68. Fairfield 50-13

69. Converse Judson 50-17

Carthage played 70 out of 80 games. You look at our win loss record. We play one of the toughest schedules year in and year out of any team in 4a. We always lose 2 or 3 games in a season. And that includes a 6-6 and 9-4 team on that list. But in those 5 years we have 3 Region 3 titles and 1 state championship. If your trying to take a shot you will have to try harder. Only teams in our class better are Argyle and Navasota.

I hate to tell you this, but the only team that beat Gilmer that game, was Gilmer. It showed whenever they came out after halftime. Anyone with eyes could tell how dominant Gilmer was, and the unsurpassed amount of talent they had. If not for broken plays, and dropped passes, WOS may have never seen a lead in that game. It was the most sloppy half of football Gilmer had played all season. I even think the words of Traylor at halftime where "They just played their best half of football this season, and you just played your worst." Something along those lines. He knew it, and everyone else did too that had even remotely kept up with or seen Gilmer play football last season.

Just being honest.

• Like 1

Carthage played 70 out of 80 games. You look at our win loss record. We play one of the toughest schedules year in and year out of any team in 4a. We always lose 2 or 3 games in a season. And that includes a 6-6 and 9-4 team on that list. But in those 5 years we have 3 Region 3 titles and 1 state championship. If your trying to take a shot you will have to try harder. Only teams in our class better are Argyle and Navasota.

Carthage has some grant coaches, athletes and fans. They will be one of the top 2 or 3 teams in Region for the next few years for sure. Much respect Dom me for the Carthage A nod Gilmer football programs.